HBO and Clooney/Soderbergh "K Street" SPOILERS!

eoe

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 11:41 am
I thought the brunette apparition was his daddy's young wife.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 03:27 pm
eoe wrote:
I thought the brunette apparition was his daddy's young wife.

OMG! Was it?? I'll have to catch a couple of reruns.
The show is driving my husband crazy. I leave the room, and ask him to tell me what happens.. he says it's too "blurry" and moves too fast.

You really have to pay close attention. Shocked
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 05:05 pm
I've got to catch up on two episodes now (thanks for HBO's immediate repeats and VOD).
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 10:39 am
I guess you should put a spoiler alert on this thread too, LW.

I was enthralled with the last K Street!!!!

An FBI investigation of the firm. Neat to see what can go on behind closed doors during such a thing. I wonder if it's the Saudi connection under investigation?

Weeeeee!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 10:57 am
They're getting there and like "Carnivale" and most other HBO series, they aren't out to wow you with some melodramatic plot contrivances straight out of the gate. They are letting it unfold and I'm glad I have the patience to hang in until it starts to mold together. James and Mary are sure proving out to be great performers but I would have expected that! Love their little spats about the security measures and James' apparant paranoia. I think Mary is secretly more paranoid that she wants to admit.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 02:57 pm
You might be right about spoilers on this thread also.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 05:14 pm
I was surprised that James' total self-involvement was so exposed! He was behaving as if HE's the only one being investigated, it was the worst thing that could happen to HIM, and his wife had to tell him to get a grip, that they were all being investigated, not just him.
They are all totally and completely paranoid. Do these people relax at all? Can they? Should they?
You couldn't pay me enough to work in that town. Geez...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:53 pm
There's really a perverse humor running through the series -- it's "Advise and Consent" on steroids.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2003 09:44 am
The interest waning on the series? Sofia -- where did ya go?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 09:27 am
Don't know about Sofia, but I lost interest for sure.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 10:14 am
To tell you the truth, I haven't figured out whether it's successful or not. Soderbergh is the director of "Sex, Lies and Videotape" and "Pleasantville" which both had satirical elements. I'd like to see where it's going and it does require watching each episode in sequence. It doesn't work for checking in and then checking out.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 01:01 pm
I haven't lost interest at all.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 07:50 am
Hi, LW, all!
I've definitely not lost interest--but have lost ability to view on Sunday nights, as I'm working now.

I will have to catch reruns. Was really enthralled with recent turn of events re: FBI investigation. Hope someone will give some details. I don't mind the spoilers.

How's it going on K Street?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 10:06 am
Last night was the final episode of the season and I missed it but will watch it on VOD or an HBO repeat later this week. I understand there's some tying up to do. Working on Sunday nights? Lost the ability to watch? I won't touch those lines with a ten foot pole. Laughing
0 Replies