can anyone please modify this?

bubu

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:27 am
This is a letter I have written askingfor a money refund. I would very much appreciate if any one modifies it and makes it look proffesional.

To
The Registrar
xxxxx
xxx

Sub - Requesting money refund

Dear sir,

With all due respect, I need to bring to your kind notice that I , due to certain unavoidable reason, can not attend the seminar scheduled to be held on 20.10.08.

I would therefore like to request you to consider my case sympathetically and kindly refund the money Rs. 600/- which I had sent for my lodging and boarding expenses, for which act of yours I shall be ever obliged.

Yours sincerely
XXXXXXXXXX
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 535 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Wy

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:35 pm
@bubu,
Sub - Refund of Seminar costs

Dear sir,

I will not be able to attend the seminar scheduled to be held on 20.10.08. I would therefore like to request a refund of the money (Rs. 600/-) which I had sent for my lodging and boarding expenses.

Please let me know if there is other information you need to process this refund. Thank you very much for your attention to this matter.

Yours sincerely,

NOTE: If the money you sent was in the form of a personal check or other instrument which might have been noted on your application to attend the seminar, include this information in your letter.

Basically, to be more professional, you should be clear and polite, but avoid excessive flowery phrases like "With all due respect, I need to bring to your kind notice that I , due to certain unavoidable reason,.." All you need to say here is "I". Same with "for which act of yours I shall be ever obliged." You won't really be obliged to this gentleman forever, so be clear and simply thank him for his time and attention.
0 Replies