Top Clinton fundraiser endorses McCain

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 10:03 pm

http://experimentumcrucis.blogspot.com/2008/09/video-of-top-clinton-fundraiser.html

Woiyo9

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 06:08 am
Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:58 pm
oh brother.

a gazillionairess calls obama an elitist. how astoundingly full of crap.

you guys can have 'er.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:59 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

oh brother.

a gazillionairess calls obama an elitist. how astoundingly full of crap.

you guys can have 'er.

As Josh Marshall said,

Perhaps we can arrange for Richie Rich and Cruella De Ville to endorse McCain as well!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:04 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
She is so full of ****. Campbell Brown (who I can stomach only in small doses) pretty much exposed her last night as the lame joke that she is.

These are the people who make it obvious that their real problem is that they simply cannot vote for a man of color. Period. They can dress it up and flip it around as much as they want, and look and sound very stupid in the process, but the truth is so apparent, it's almost laughable.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:16 pm
Should I be surprised that the Lady Baroness de Rothchild would endorse John McCain?

BBB
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:21 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

She is so full of ****. Campbell Brown (who I can stomach only in small doses) pretty much exposed her last night as the lame joke that she is.

These are the people who make it obvious that their real problem is that they simply cannot vote for a man of color. Period. They can dress it up and flip it around as much as they want, and look and sound very stupid in the process, but the truth is so apparent, it's almost laughable.

i suppose that could be her motivation.

i suspect that it has more to do with the god almighty dollar.

"let them eat cake."

"quelle baliverne!"
Gargamel

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:22 pm
@gungasnake,

What does it say about McCain, that a KKKlinton fundraiser endorses him?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:24 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

What does it say about McCain, that a KKKlinton fundraiser endorses him?

ewww!!! mccain likes the french! Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:32 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

i suppose that could be her motivation.

i suspect that it has more to do with the god almighty dollar.

I don't. She has nothing to worry about as far as HER god almighty dollar goes, regardless of any new or threatening tax laws. But this is the rub for me. She was all up in Hillary's ass, loving her dirty drawers right? But as Campbell Brown pointed out, Hillary and Obama's ideologies are quite similar while Hillary and McCain are miles apart. So why does the Baronness feel that Obama will drive the country into the ground while her girl Hillary would not have, proposing more or less the same concepts and ideas as Obama?

I don't throw the racist card around lightly. But sometimes the answer is painfully simple.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 01:32 pm
On the other hand, I wonder if McCain really knows her opinion.
Quote:
And I think if history is our guide, we've had stronger economies, more wealth creation, under Democratic presidents than we have under Republican presidents. So I don't understand why all my capitalist friends aren't Democrats.
Source: Lynn Forester de Rothschild interviewed by Portfolio
0 Replies

Berger

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 03:42 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

These are the people who make it obvious that their real problem is that they simply cannot vote for a man of color. Period.

I agree and think those exit polls in the primary where folks said race did not matter weren't being candid with the pollsters. I think we will see that it does matter in November.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:04 pm
@Berger,
Two possibilities and not one for this one: people could be responding to polling questions dishonestly or the pollers themselves might be inadvertently doing something which throws their polls off when black candidates are involved.
Berger

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:23 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Two possibilities and not one for this one: people could be responding to polling questions dishonestly or the pollers themselves might be inadvertently doing something which throws their polls off when black candidates are involved.

Or race really is not a factor.
eoe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:43 pm
@Berger,
And what planet are you living on?
Berger

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:45 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

Oh, I think many see race as a significant factor in their vote. But I might be wrong.
eoe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:46 pm
@Berger,
I hope I'M wrong but...this is America after all. Why kid ourselves?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 04:50 pm
@Berger,
Berger wrote:

eoe wrote:

Oh, I think many see race as a significant factor in their vote. But I might be wrong.

Berger is correct - we really don't know what factor race is going to play yet.

Cycloptichorn
eoe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 05:05 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm sorry. I was so focused on the Lady de Rothschild, I missed the gist of what was said. No, we don't know what factor race will play in November but we do know that great strides have been made. Remarkable strides. And I hate to see them smeared by a fool dripping in diamonds. When you have these mouthy folk who seem to feel that the world is just aching for them to speak and the media giving them airtime to mouth such foolishness as this dame is pushing, it shoves us backwards as a nation and gives license to ignorance and self-righteousness. The very idea of this woman calling Obama an elitist is absurd.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 05:06 pm
@eoe,
eoe wrote:

I'm sorry. I was so focused on the Lady de Rothschild, I missed the gist of what was said. No, we don't know what factor race will play in November but we do know that great strides have been made. Remarkable strides. And I hate to see them smeared by a fool dripping in diamonds. When you have these mouthy folk who seem to feel that the world is just aching for them to speak and the media giving them airtime to mouth such foolishness as this dame is pushing, it shoves us backwards as a nation and gives license to ignorance and self-righteousness. The very idea of this woman calling Obama an elitist is absurd.

Extremely absurd. But, there's nothing new there. Most of the attacks against Obama have been absurd.

Cycloptichorn