McCain's pick of Palin shows he doesn't give a **** about this country anymore.

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:55 am
The pick of Palin by McCain has nothing to do with her qualifications or her ability to lead. It was a calculated political move, made with no thought about what it would mean for the country at all. He doesn't even know her. He talked to her for five minutes before picking her. Does that sound like a sensible way to choose the person who could be the second in command of the most influential country on the planet? Country first my ass.

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:07 pm
@kickycan,
So, you know for a fact he didn't have his team do research? Length of personal conversation is the standard?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:15 pm
@kickycan,
He is very near death, he has one last chance at the power that has alluded him most of his life. Power corrupts, the availability of power corrupts. As McCain proved during the Keating scandal he has always had a corruptible nature. He has however done a good job of packaging himself as the honest maverick hero.
DrewDad

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:16 pm
@Brandon9000,
It's clear from reports of how much research they did on other potential running mates that the research done on Palin was less than minimal.

They even avoided pulling records from the Wasilla newspaper because it would have been impossible to keep it secret. Secrecy trumps prudence, apparently.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'll go along with that, but disagree on the packaging part. He's failed at that with clear thinkers. Unfortunately clear thinkers also believe everyone thinks like them and that's their downfall.

The repubs are masters at appealing to the lowest common denominator and use that skill to gather power and wealth to themselves... now they are working on plan two....and have been for 50 years minimum....elimination of the middle class. We're not really needed anymore. Harvest the wealth and **** the proles.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:20 pm
@DrewDad,
Getting the WOW factor of announcing a person who no one thought would the pick trumped trying to make a good pick. Classic irresponsibility is what this is called.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:25 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:

The repubs are masters at appealing to the lowest common denominator and use that skill to gather power and wealth to themselves... now they are working on plan two....and have been for 50 years minimum....elimination of the middle class. We're not really needed anymore. Harvest the wealth and **** the proles.

And Clinton was the master at divide and conquer racial politics, and the dems have used racial and/or class politics to gain power for a generation. They all use manipulation on the people, because it works.
kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:27 pm
@Brandon9000,
No. I'm sure his team did a lot of research on what demographics would be affected by a pick of someone with her "credentials." And I'm sure McCain probably saw a picture or two of her, commented on her nice rack, and then went back to his nap on the couch. Yeah, I'm sure she was a thoughtful and carefully made choice.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:29 pm
@hawkeye10,

so that makes the repubs policies and strategies all right? You may be correct about Clinton and dems but THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:29 pm
@kickycan,
Can';t go wrong by betting on the gullibility of American citizens
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:33 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
don't blame the repubs for doing what works, place the blame where it belongs, with the American people.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think I'm generally pretty clear about that... but the repubs (and the dems) who are supposed to represent and look after we great unwashed, instead choose to manipulate us for their own gain. It's a symbiotic bridge to nowhere.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:47 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
if the American people want to be manipulated, as it appears that we do, then our leaders will manipulate us because their survival in the business depends upon doing so. We are the ultimate consumer culture, our systems deliver what people want, not what they say they want or what is good for them.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
yup. And they suck for it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 12:59 pm
Sarah Palin is George W. Bush with a vagina.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 01:02 pm
@kickycan,
and bigger balls.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 06:22 pm
@kickycan,
We can speculate, but I get the feeling that you don't really know (nor do I) the facts as to what research, or lack thereof, went into the choice.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:08 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

We can speculate, but I get the feeling that you don't really know (nor do I) the facts as to what research, or lack thereof, went into the choice.

People inside the McCain campaign have reported that there was very little research done, and those who control the records of the papers of her town and state have reported that nobody inquired into them, as is standard of 'vetting.'

The evidence available would seem to point to McCain not having fully researched his client. The fact that it has been reported that the McCain camp has sent a bevy of lawyers to AK in order to do so now; that doesn't help your case either.

Cycloptichorn
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

People inside the McCain campaign have reported that there was very little research done, and those who control the records of the papers of her town and state have reported that nobody inquired into them, as is standard of 'vetting.'

The evidence available would seem to point to McCain not having fully researched his client. The fact that it has been reported that the McCain camp has sent a bevy of lawyers to AK in order to do so now; that doesn't help your case either.

Cycloptichorn

Actually, I heard that it was to A2K they sent the bevy of lawyers.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:46 pm
@kickycan,
Skeered? Ya should be kicky. You're the biggest vaginamale on A2K.