End of first heat

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 10:50 am
My female maltese 9 months old is potty trained. But two times she has peeed in the house. We are available to take her out or she could go on her on. She is at the end of her first heat and has been sexually active with her bed. Should we go back into training mode. She understands no and knows she is in trouble. Need help......
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,038 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 02:11 am
@Cathrineray,
Is training mode crate training? I think so, but I also think you may be fighting a loosing battle till she is "fixed".

I have a male Maltese that's just over a year old now, and the only reason I had him neutered is because it became clear that his potty training wasn't going to go anywhere as long as he had his balls.

He'd been potty trained for months but when the hormones kicked in he started peeing everywhere. Being male there is a more obvious connection to his junk and his peeing but I think the hormonal changes for the bitches can cause them to take up different habits as well and I suspect they will be hard to break.

Since Harry (my dog) has been neutered he's been an absolute joy, and hasn't urinated in the house since (unless he was closed indoors and had no option).
0 Replies

erica-armstrong

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 04:02 am
@Cathrineray,
Do the kind thing and get her neutered. You are taking a huge risk with her by not getting it done.

0 Replies