Hello, could somebody kindly help me translate a short english phrase into latin?

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 01:41 am
Hello, could somebody kindly help me translate a short english phrase into latin?
When i put the phrase into an automatic online translator from english to latin it gives me a translation but when i put that translation back into the same trnslator to go from latin to english, it doesnt match the original english phrase. Hmmm.

Here it is:
Colour is the keyboard. The eye is the hammer. The soul is the piano with its many strings.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,745 • Replies: 2
No top replies

George

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:05 am
@calumpang,
I am using the word for "piano" found in the Vatican's Lexicon Recentis
Latinitatis
. I can find no word for "keyboard" so I am using "key".

Color clavis est. Oculus malleus est. Anima clavicymbalum cum multis chordis est.
snarkypoodle

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2008 12:43 pm
@George,
hi, George, how are you doing? You seem to know Latin rather well, so I thought I would just ask you for help directly - I am trying to translate "Do not blame others for your own mistakes" into Latin. Any help greatly appreciated!

Victoria
0 Replies