A moment of silence.

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:12 am
If your reading this, please take a moment to remember the victims, and all their loved ones, of the World Trade Center.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,279 • Replies: 6
No top replies

mismi

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:15 am
@alex240101,
I am watching msnbc and crying even as I type. Still breaks my heart. They are indeed in my thoughts and prayers.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:17 am
@alex240101,
Yep, I've been thinking about this today. Still get a bit of a chill every time I see the date.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 08:44 am
This was a day that changed my life.
On 9/11/01 I was an instructor at a truck driving school and a navy reservist.
By that evening I was an active duty soldier and still in shock.
My wife at the time lost an aunt in the south tower.
The victims and family members are still in my prayers.

I watched the video of the memorial that was built at the Pentagon, and it looks beautiful.

I also applaud both presidential candidaes for pulling their ads today and for agreeing that political campaigns have been suspended for the day.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:45 pm
@alex240101,
I have been thinking about all the victims and their loved ones in the towers, pentagon and on those aircrafts. My flag is flying at 1/2 staff today to honor them.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:00 pm
My parents lost one of their neighbors. The last company I worked for lost a couple of people in the Towers, too.

It wasn't just another day for them, and it shouldn't be just another day now, as we should remember them and honor them.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 07:32 pm
@alex240101,
I did this long before I read the post. I thought about it at 8:46 this morning which is the time of the first plane. I thought about it later as I remembered the 2nd plane and then the falling towers. I thought about the brave men who were entering the towers even as people were scrambling to get out. I remember those trapped and could not get out. I remembered the children, wives, husbands, grandparents, aunts, uncles and all the other relatives who either lost their lives or were left behind to grieve.

Tragedy happens every day, but this day has special significance and is a day that even people who do not believe in God pray to Him for those who were directly and indirectly touched by this horrendous act.
0 Replies