Great News, Dys Has COPD

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 01:13 pm
@Diane,
Olive oil, truffle oil, peanut oil.

Start cooking in them.
Eggs cooked in olive oil instead of pam.. MMMMmmmm good.. MMMMM fattening ( look at my behind eh?!!)
devriesj

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2008 06:33 pm
@shewolfnm,
Just wanted to say, along with everyone else, that I'm glad you've got a diagnosis and treatment! Hope things continue to get better for you both!
blatham

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:42 am
Well, I've got leprosy.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 07:58 am
@blatham,
Blatham, are you hinting that you want to move to the long-ago deserted leprosy Hawaiian island?

BBB
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 09:02 am
@Diane,
Of course "Great" is relative, but it must be an enormous relief to have a definite diagnosis at last.
urs53

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:03 am
That is good news, Diane! We are sending lots of energy to both of you. I know Dys would prefer food but that's not so easy to send from Germany.....
margo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 06:02 pm
Sounds a great improvement, team!

Keep up the good work!

(and tofu does not equal...food) sheeesh!
margo

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 06:03 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
Well, I've got leprosy.

That's eminently treatable these days - although the drugs can be a bit fierce!

Stop looking for sympathy!
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 11:42 pm
@Diane,
** Good grief you've had so much to deal with! Prednisone is an absolute miracle drug isn't it? Too bad we can't take it day after day because of side effects. The only drug that can make me feel like I don't have RA.
** You know, it's just an idea but I've been dealing with sleep apnea so many years (w/no real success) that the chronic day fatigue got SO bad I'd start to fall asleep standing at the kitchen sink doing dishes. A few sleep studies later, we discovered I was not getting ANY good sleep. ( REM/restorative sleep) What a shock!No wonder I was so tired I could barely stay awake ever. The new sleep disorder DR said YOU MUST get at least 30 minutes exposure to bright sunlight before 9 am every day. What do you know - I needed it so badly. Day One I felt like I was melting into the floor just a few hours after
my spell in the sun. I slept a solid 6 hours of what felt like dream sleep,woke up feeling like someone who rose from the dead. It took time for recovery, one day at a time I improved. The retina must have some bright sun so your body can make melatonin...essential to healthy sleep. Without it you can't
get any deep sleep & the whole thing become a horrible vicious circle. And I
had to quit medications that interferedwith noaldfdd

I also had to stop taking any medicines that provoke the sleep cycles. It was true about that melatonin. The very 1st edh7
PDiddie

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 04:59 pm
@blatham,
Sending a big tube of Butt Paste to Bernie in whatever city it is he's living in now. Think it starts with a 'P'. And yes, you can use it on more than just your...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2008 06:25 pm
Diane, Thanks for sharing in the very good news, and congrats to you both! T.
Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 02:33 am
@Diane,
I too did not know what COPD was....we are wishing you both all the very best

Steve and Ros
Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:05 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre, that sounds yummy. He loves Mexican food. Isn't it wonderful that there are so many excelent recipes on the internet?

I can't begin to express how great it is to see him eating and feeling better.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:07 pm
@Green Witch,
Honey, you can keep your measly 10 lbs since I have close to 40 to give away, but thanks for the offer and the good wishes.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:09 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Me too. As he has lost so much weight, I have been putting it on like crazy. Maybe it's because I've been so worried, stress, who knows? I know for sure that I need to get this stuff off or my five foot one frame will sink into the ground, maybe all the way to China.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:10 pm
@PDiddie,
Hope you survived the storm. I haven't followed your blog regularly, please let us know.
Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:13 pm
@shewolfnm,
Wolfie, your bottom is just fine. All the different oils sound good. He always cooks his eggs in bacon fat, guaranteeing that the calorie count is quite high.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:14 pm
@devriesj,
Devriesj, your good wishes are appreciated. Things are so much better and we both feel that it will continue to get better.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:18 pm
@blatham,
Bernie, since you have leprosy, please do not come visit us anymore. Lola, on the other hand, is always welcome.

In order to keep track of your health, keep us posted on which body parts are getting ready to fall off. If you save all of them, it might be fun to go to the
Burning Man festival and toss them in.

No marshmallows please. Why do you seem to bring out the film noir humor in me? Even naughty nuns shouldn't get that bad...
Diane

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 02:20 pm
@Tomkitten,
Tomkitten, yes, 'great' is relative, but in relation to how Bob's been feeling, the change for the better is great. Just to be able to go shopping then to lunch without suffering from major fatigue is wondrous.
0 Replies