Suddenly Sarah

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:38 pm
This is amazing...
Sarah Palin is suddenly the conservative female Messiah.
She has knocked Obama from his mountain and he is sliding down hill.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
the bible says in the end times many will be fooled.... so we have a false messiah and the whore of babylon.... somebody hand me and eight ball and a pack of Marlboro reds....
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:46 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Yeah, we were almost fooled by Obama.

The end of times have been postponed.

0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 01:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
Sarah Palin was, indeed, a great strategical (for campaign) pick and gave McCain a shot at winning. It took a lot of the novelty edge off Obama and despite the insistence that the novelty isn't a factor it is. Obama would be a solid candidate in any color but that he's making history is a big part of the excitement around him.

Now the Republicans have their own history to buzz about, and their own improbable candidate.

I don't think it will work well enough for McCain to win, and had Obama picked Hillary the Republicans wouldn't have even tried it, but there's no denying that Palin breathed fresh air into McCain's campaign and is energizing some significant Republican demographics.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:20 pm
@Robert Gentel,
and just think it only took them 24 years after the dems to put a woman on the ticket. That's some progressive **** right there.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 02:27 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

That's some progressive **** right there.

Yep!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:23 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Putting Palin on the ticket now gives the McCain ticket a chance to make history if they win. That the Democrats tried and failed to do this in the past doesn't change it.

That selection is providing excitement to the Republicans and giving Obama a run for his money no matter how you spin it.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 04:26 pm
@Robert Gentel,

Bingo!
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 11:37 am
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

That selection is providing excitement to the Republicans and giving Obama a run for his money no matter how you spin it.

yeah, it is. but, it also says that the rnc doesn't think that mccain is strong enough to win on his own merit.

i mean, the way it's being played, the dem nominee for president is running against the republican vice presidential nominee.

not a big confidence builder for me to vote for mccain.

it's gonna be a horse race, alright.
Woiyo9

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:20 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
One can argue that the DNC put Biden on the ticket for the same reason you describe above.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:27 pm
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:

One can argue that the DNC put Biden on the ticket for the same reason you describe above.

one could, i suppose. but, if that was the only reason, they could have taken someone that would have brought more pazazz like warner or something.

in terms of mccain v. obama; there's not much parity there regarding charisma.

but i tend to think that it had more to do with not putting hillary on the ticket. so, to keep or pick up hill's people they took biden, who holds most of her views.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:28 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
DontTreadOnMe wrote:

Robert Gentel wrote:

yeah, it is. but, it also says that the rnc doesn't think that mccain is strong enough to win on his own merit.

meanwhile... biden has stated that mrs. bill clinton would probably have been a better choice than himself.

obama is toast!
0 Replies