Skin allergy

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:47 am
Hi, I am 26 year old male. I have just moved out of India and have found out that my skin is getting allergic to something. What I find out is in evening hours i start feeling ihing on my upper part of arms, back and waist line. I can see spots like mosquito bites but actually cant see any mosquito nearby. There are around 8 people living in the house and for what reasons it is happening to me?

I have taken some anti allergic tablets for a couple of days and felt relief but again i can find those spots like bites on my skin.

Kindly help me out to find out what could be it?

Thanks & Regards
Kanwal
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,273 • Replies: 3
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:48 am
@kanwalsandhu,
I once worked in a place where a lot of us suddenly had small itchy bites around our waistlines. Very strange. It was in an old somewhat rickety building at a university.. We all talked about it and figured out it must be from rats in the attic area, and it turned out that was true; the bites turned out to be from rat mites, very tiny bugs that we hadn't seen. The building was fumigated and we all got rid of our bites. So, something like this may be going on in your place. Or, possibly fleas, though I seem to remember that they favor biting ankles..
mac11

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:07 am
@ossobuco,
Fleas on the ground bite ankles. Fleas on furniture bite whatever they can reach...
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 11:52 am
@kanwalsandhu,
Sounds like hives and there are a lot of possible causes:

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/symptoms/hives/causes.htm
0 Replies