Am I getting played?

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:19 am
I am really frustrated at the moment. I have dated my b/f for about 4 months. During the first 3, we saw each other nearly EVERY weekend. We have travelled together. He has introduced me to his family and a lot of his friends, treats me like gold....however, he has an ex and of course shes psycho! Arent all the exs? So, that is what he says, then there are strange texts from other woman on his phone. I found this out by chance, was on his phone, text came in. He swears Im the only one but that he has the ex in his life because he feels sorry for her. Im not stupid to think that its true...just dont know what his angle is. I have asked him and he says that he loves being with me and all that and if and when it turns into something more, then we will. When he's drunk, he says how much he loves me and wants to be with me forever. I dont know what to think. Recently he has been disappearing and not answering his phone. I told him that I dont do games and if he wants others, have at it. He came to me and swore to me that he wants me. Whats with the distance then?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 778 • Replies: 5
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:31 am
@sunnygrl,
How old are ya'll?

If you think he's playing an angle, then I'd say listen to your intuition. Neither of you sounds head-over-heels.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:35 am
@DrewDad,
If the only time you hear from him what you want to hear is when he is drunk, he could have a significant drinking problem. If that is the case you should run, not walk to the nearest exit from this relationship and never look back.

And DrewDad gives good advice. If your gut is telling you that things aren't quite right and this is not a match made in heaven, listen to it. It almost certainly is not a good match for you, and it would be wise to not expend time in a relationship that is going nowhere or is likely to end badly.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2008 09:21 am
@sunnygrl,
Well, as long as he says he loves you and wants to be with you forever when he is drunk, then all must be ok. And strange texts from other women on his phone? Hey, I can understand that. All men have other women texting them all the time. I just cannot make them stop. And really, he is such a tender-hearted soul, what with feeling so sorry for his ex. I just don't know what your problem is at all.

Now that I have all that out of the way.

Seriously, does he get drunk regularly? I've never known of a good relationship that includes getting drunk regularly. You have an awful lot of signs here that don't bode well, not the least of which that he is in love with you and has already decided he wants to be with you forever after only 4 months.

I think you should walk away. But that's just me.
0 Replies

ERS

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2008 04:52 pm
@sunnygrl,
here is something to think about. I do not know if you have any religious beliefs, but I am a born again christian. I have learned that relationships depend on trust and respect, once that is gone it is tough to repair or keep a relationship together. The reason I mention my christian beliefs is this: the world(secular) sees man as only 2 parts body and soul. Christians and jews see man as a 3 part creature created in the image of GOD which is body, soul and spirit. Without emphasis and understanding that many of our needs, desires and goals can only be fulfilled by a relationship with GOD and allowing the spiritual to have control and influence over our lives, we fall part on the world's view which is man as only a 2 part creature. The danger lies in thinking someone else has the power or ability to satisfy all your needs(spiritual as well) without a knowledge and relationship with GOD. Often this results in parasitic "hollywoood" type relationships were each other try to suck all the life out of their partner not realizing GOD should be their source of strength and foundation for spititual needs, not expecting their partner to do it all. The bible calls this "idolotry" putting anything or anyone in the place of GOD. If you both depend on GOD and put him first in your life, you will find it easier to relate to each other as the limited fallible human beings that you are. If you and you boyfriend spend time together praying, reading the bible your chances of keeping your relationship strong will be greater than that of the world's culture. People that have the most strong relationships are those of common faith, religious or world view and see their long term goals and priorities as the same.
The bible says to not be unequally yoked with non believers. The same as you could not plow a field with a donkey and and ox, you have the same problems with trying to hold something like a relationship together when you both may be going in opposite directions. My suggestion is: if you are not saved( given your life to Christ as a believer as an act of faith), then do so and get into a good bible reading and believing church. If GOD is running your relationship you won't have to waste your time trying to play cop with your boyfriend.m There was an old 60's song lyric that said there will be no strings to bind your hands, not if my love can bind your heart. My suggestion after you become a born again christian, put your faith and trust in Jesus to find you the right man that will love you as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for it.
The bible says it is not by strength, not by might but by my spirit says the Lord. Seek after his spirit first and all these things you worry about will be taken care of.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 05:20 pm
@sunnygrl,
I would say, after giving the matter a bit of thought, that--yes--you are being played.

The guy probably thinks he might be too.
0 Replies