what is wrong with me

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 03:52 am
Can anyone help me I don't know whats wrong with me and worst of all is that I am living in a country where the Dr's don't care ...most of the time you go and they will prescribe a pain killer and I hate that I want to know whats wrong with me so that I can try to do something about it. I also should mention I have been flying for several years and also have endometriosis. Many times i have aches and pain in all of my joints from my fingers to my toes. I constantly feel unmotivated, restless, tired. I'm not sleeping at night or day I toss and turn in bed I'm tired my eyes are droopy but I cannot fall asleep. On my days off when at base or even on my layovers I never leave my room or even my bed at times. I know I need to clean the house but feel like it or even have the energy. I hardly leave my room. I am constantly bored but never do anything constructive.. Instead I go to the kitchen looking in the pantry or fridge for anything to eat or drink. . I can't seem to focus, even when I try to read, which I love to do I'll read a few pages then I'm up wandering around again.. I watch movies or tv shows as if there isd no end its the only thing that seems to be keeping me sane What is wrong with me??

I'll have days I feel pretty good. I like getting out even if it's just running errands but I still feel tired a lot, it the only time I do get out cause I am forced to run the errands. I hardly ever go outside. Its too hot. I hate being stuck inside the house. I hate it. I feel like I should be doing something but I don't know what. I have no energy. I hate feeling like this!

When I do end up going out I feel an overwhelming feeling of tiredness after awhile and then have to leave and go home. People don't even call me to go out cause I am either sleepy or get so tired I have to leave. Even my duties onboard I am contantly tired and somehow find the energy. I also have this constant discomfort in my lower and upper abdominal area which gets worse when I fly and suffer from severe headaches. The Dr's here can't help me and my company won't let me fly home to see a Dr there... I really need help...What in the world is wrong with me?? Can anyone give me an idea? I feel like I am coming off the rails!!!

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,728 • Replies: 8
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:22 am
@bellydancer2008,
Well, I'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like you might be a bit depressed, which I imagine would happen if you were far from home and felt that medical professionals did not care about you.

I am not suggesting medication. However, you might want to see about a therapist, simply to have someone to speak with who can be objective. It should help to let out some of these feelings. Medication should not be dismissed outright as a possibility -- it does help a lot of people. But I would suggest trying talking first. It may be enough.

Another thing I'd suggest is getting some good exercise. It may be hot where you are but I am assuming you can be inside air conditioning. Are there gyms you could join? If not, what about home fitness equipment? It need not be anything large. I have weights, a stability ball, resistance bands and a mat. Total cost: less than $200. Exercise will (a) give you something to do, (b) help release some happy hormones and (c) give you a sense of personal accomplishment that I suspect might be missing a bit from your life.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:46 am
@bellydancer2008,
The first thing the doctors ought to do is give you a thorough blood test to look for anything abnormal. Only after that's done should you consider a psychological cause.
mismi

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:19 am
@Brandon9000,
The aching all over sounds like a friend of mine...she had endometriosis and it matasticized. It was in her shoulders and back. Crazy - but once they figured it out they were able to take care of it. You could look into that as well. I hope you find someone to listen to you and who will help you find out what is really going on. So sorry. I know it has to be frustrating.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:35 am
@bellydancer2008,
Blood sugar?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:42 am
@bellydancer2008,
How're you sleeping?
dadpad

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 06:48 am
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I'm not sleeping at night or day I toss and turn in bed I'm tired my eyes are droopy but I cannot fall asleep.
0 Replies

MCharcoal

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 06:26 am
@bellydancer2008,
My sister who is older has symptoms like that. The doctors, "three of them"
agreed it is Fibromyalgia. It is a hard thing to treat, and often not believable since you cant point out a certain PAIN like you can when you cut your finger.
But I don't see help for this , much. And even in the future. Because the most of meds they offer now are seditives and my Sister wont take them regularly. she says she does not intend to go thru life in a stupor and I agree with her.

I don't know it it will help you , but they told her to be as active as she could and keep all the joints and muscles moving , even if she has to take pain killers to do it... seems normal motion exercise is supposed to help.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 06:56 am
@bellydancer2008,
Rereading, I'd say it sounds like anxiety.

How's blood pressure?
0 Replies