The Lies, Foibles, and Misrepresentations of George W Bush

Brand X

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:07 pm
I agree, the President should be held to the utmost of standards. The political pundits on both sides with their 'piss on your head and tell you it's raining' agenda's only deserve half an ear.

Some of these guys and gals are brilliant, but once they sell out to one side or the other, their credibility begins a death spiral. Nobody can live up to every belief that they have, especially when they so etch them in stone that they cease to let them be challenged.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:24 pm
joe:

In the style of 'Freudian', 'Jungian', 'Jeffersonian'...

Of course, since I was making up words, I could've gone with 'Limbaughesqe' or 'Limbaughish', but they did not have the requisite je ne sais quois.

'Limbaughdian'... hmmmmm, maybe. The phonics of the middle syllables are 'bawdy'; I like that, though Rush's transgressions don't fall into that hole...

Does anyone have other suggestions for the word to be defined as, "delusional condition resulting from too much time spent in the Center for Advanced Conservative Studies"?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:28 pm
Limbaughtomy?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 09:30 pm
That's excellent, Brand X! Limboid is good too. What about O'Reilly? Is Oh Really too obvious?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 11:46 am
Brand X wrote:
Limbaughtomy?

I thought that was the operation that was performed on a person to convert him/her into a "dittohead."
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2003 02:10 pm
That's how I take it, Joe. We are living in a largely Limbaughtomized nation. A2K has a high sampling of the Limbaughtomized, And Proud Of It Too!!
0 Replies

Jakart

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 03:56 pm
lol. How delusional can all of you be. I believe Michael Savage put it best when he describes liberals like yourselves as "Red Diaper Doper Babies." So we live in a "Limbaughtomized nation" eh? Turn on the news. Notice that nearly every story has a liberal slant to it. You have all bought into the liberalistic dogmatic crap that the media has been feeding you. Here is the difference between Rush Limbaugh and yourselves (which you have indirectly stated, I might add), Limbaugh spends time in conservative studies. Emphasis on studies. He knows what he is talking about because he finds the facts. You are simply regurgitating information that you've heard from cnn or a website dedicated to the utter annihalation of justice and order within America. Honestly, start thinking for yourselves for a change.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 04:03 pm
Welcome Jakart, good to see new posters, but you might wish to minimize the invective! Just a thought!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 04:12 pm
Let's follow that up with Jakart, probably one of the few of us who has been let through by Limbaugh's screeners!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 05:48 pm
Jakart wrote:
lol. How delusional can all of you be. I believe Michael Savage put it best when he describes liberals like yourselves as "Red Diaper Doper Babies." So we live in a "Limbaughtomized nation" eh? Turn on the news. Notice that nearly every story has a liberal slant to it. You have all bought into the liberalistic dogmatic crap that the media has been feeding you. Here is the difference between Rush Limbaugh and yourselves (which you have indirectly stated, I might add), Limbaugh spends time in conservative studies. Emphasis on studies. He knows what he is talking about because he finds the facts. You are simply regurgitating information that you've heard from cnn or a website dedicated to the utter annihalation of justice and order within America. Honestly, start thinking for yourselves for a change.

You got one little thing right: I'm regurgitating.

And it don't look like news.
0 Replies

Jakart

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:30 pm
I apologize for being so aggressive. However, it is difficult for me to maintain my composure when I see so many people bashing a president who has done nothing wrong in my opinon. As a future officer in our military I resent the fact that you are allowing yourselves to be blatantly ignorant on key details. All I've really seen here is a forum consistantly bashing conservative theory and idealism. I'll listen to logical points, but I won't regard mindless banter and farcical accusations. Hopefully I will add the other side of the story for you. If you respect my points I will respect yours.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 08:38 pm
Can one use the phrase "conservative theory" in the same sentence as "idealism?"
I guess I'm curious which "military" you anticipate serving in, and what your field of study is.
I am also glad you added the phrase "in my opinion" to your support of the current president. For many in this country,as well as outside of it, Bush's faults are many and dangerous. I would caution you against mistaking loyalty to one's duty with blind allegiance to an individual. Let me also add that you will find that many on this forum (across the political spectrum) are very conversant with political, economical, and historical theory. Many of us have served in uniform, and many of us have experienced vastly different forms of government. I have yet to encounter anyone here who simply "shoots from the hip." Even an exceptionally offensive poster who appears to have been tossed was careful to at least attempt to back his rhetoric up with data.
In addition, many of us here read, in addition to on-line versions of the world's various newspapers, many scholarly international relations journals and monographs on a regular basis. This is the last place where anyone could be considered to be "uninformed."
Lastly, as far as any difficulty you might have maintaining your composure, if you have such difficulty, then perhaps the military,and certainly the commisioned corps, may be a problematic career choice.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2003 09:21 pm
Jakart wrote:
I'll listen to logical points, but I won't regard mindless banter and farcical accusations.

Then you really, really, should stop allowing Michael Weiner to influence your thinking.

As a future officer in our military, Jak, how do you feel about placing yourself (and those you would command) in harm's way based on a blanket of lies told by a former Guardsman who went AWOL?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 07:21 am
I don't think Jakart is wrong to use the phrase "conservative idealism," I just don't think we've seen a scrap of that in the Republican Party since the onset of Reagan. What we've seen is increasing radicalism, authoritarianism, dirty politics, Christian cant, and sexual obsession. It's a really unattractive combination and does no honor to genuine conservatives. The Republican Party has lost its way and is dragging America behind its unwiped ass.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 09:03 am
PDiddie wrote:
Brand X wrote:
...because you don't like positive news about the economy...

Quote:
A simply moronic statement.

Pot and Kettle

Quote:
Stop telling other people what they are thinking. That's Limbaughvian, the very initiative sprung from a mind addled by Oxycontin.

Quote:
We were told that we were threatened by weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but they have not been found.

Yet. No smoking gun, but we could make one with what's been found.

Quote:
We were told that the throngs of Iraqis would welcome our troops with flowers, but no throngs or flowers appeared.

I belive the Kurds and Shia's offered a PFC 3 daisy's and a tulip. Keep in mind that Iraq is much more than just the now infamous "Sunni Triangle" where all the infighting is still taking place. The Kurds are quite happy to have Saddam gone as are the Shiites to the south. Much of the rest of Iraq is actually running as well as, if not better than it was before the war.

Quote:
We were led to believe that Saddam Hussein was connected to the attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon, but no evidence has ever been produced.

The terrorists in Palestine are no longer getting their $25,000 check from Hussein for blowing up Israeli's. Who knows what other clandestine operations have ceased.

Quote:
We were told that Saddam Hussein tried to buy "yellow cake" from Africa for production of nuclear weapons, but the story has turned into empty air.
The English still stand behind the report. Even after an inquiry by all the leftist PM's.

Quote:
We were frightened with visions of mushroom clouds, but they turned out to be only vapors of the mind.

Clouds of Sarin gas and Anthrax, not mushroom clouds.

Quote:
We were told that major combat was over but 101 [as of October 17] Americans have died in combat since that proclamation from the deck of an aircraft carrier by our very own Emperor in his new clothes.

None of which have died from major military operations, correct? All from cowardly terrorists who ran away at the first sight of an overwhelming US military force.

Quote:
How many more tales must you endure before you admit you have been duped?

Go ahead. Admit it.

It's liberating.

And no one will hold it against you.

I have yet to feel duped. It's a shame you have.
0 Replies

Jakart

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 04:23 pm
Just so you know, once I finish ROTC I will be joining Army, Active Duty. To PDiddie, as a soldier I am not afraid to do my duty. Your opinion of Bush is far different than mine. I see him as a man of integrity and principle. So, I would willingly and gladly put myself in harms way for a cause as just as the Iraq war. I think McGentrix has addressed something we have been ignoring -the other side of the story. In fact, I wonder what would be said on this forum about Bush if he had done nothing and the terrorist attacks in America and elsewhere did not decline. We've got to address reality on this one.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 04:33 pm
Good points, Jakart. Central to that task is determining whether the administration is being open and upfront and honest about "reality."
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 04:33 pm
Quote:
Just so you know, once I finish ROTC I will be joining Army, Active Duty. To PDiddie, as a soldier I am not afraid to do my duty. Your opinion of Bush is far different than mine. I see him as a man of integrity and principle. So, I would willingly and gladly put myself in harms way for a cause as just as the Iraq war.

Then you have learned nothing about your duty to your soldiers, have you? I hope you have a strong platoon sergeant in your first platoon who will prevent you from killing your troops. Mad
BTW, many of those on this board whom you are talking down to and referring to as "stupid" or as "cowardly" have served in the militaries of their various nations, and many of these have seen combat. The "insights" of an ROTC cadet may seem silly to some!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 04:42 pm
Jakart wrote:
In fact, I wonder what would be said on this forum about Bush if he had done nothing and the terrorist attacks in America and elsewhere did not decline. We've got to address reality on this one.

Ok, let's address reality. Terrorism has not declined. No surprise to me, as the war in Iraq has little relationship to terrorism.

Now sure, there was no 9/11 type attack but no duh! That was a singular event in history. There has never been an attack like that in the past. So the odd logic that interprets the fact that there hasn't been one since as a validation of administration policy is absurd.

The attacks around the world have increased. So the tired old line about Bush's actions improving security are ridiculous.
0 Replies

Jakart

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 11:16 pm
As far as America is concerned attacks have decreased, haven't they? We haven't had a 9/11 since. The only people who should be pissed off in this debate of terrorism are the Israelis. We can justify a war based on the events of a singular terrorist attack and other details while we tell Aerial Sharon and the Israelis to hold peace talks with the Palestinians who are constantly committing terrorist attacks against Israel.

Also I feel 9/11 deserves more of a response than "no duh." In the end each attack becomes a singular event in history. The Iraq war has decreased the chances that we will be attacked by terrorist- has it not? I do not see how the world would be better off if we hadn't removed a sadistic, fascist ruler from power.
0 Replies