definition for "spike" v. in volleybal game

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
Please give me a definition for this. I searched many on-line dictionaries, but it seems I did not go to the right place for it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,139 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Robert Gentel
Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:14 pm
It's when they slam the ball downward. Like this:

0 Replies
Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 08:07 am
I noticed during the Olympics this year that they didn't refer to that move as a spike. They called it something else, and I just can't think of the term that was used now. Anybody else pick up on that?
0 Replies

Related Topics

deal - Question by WBYeats
Drs. = female doctor? - Question by oristarA
Let pupils abandon spelling rules, says academic - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Please, I need help. - Question by imsak
Is this sentence grammatically correct? - Question by Sydney-Strock
"come from" - Question by mcook
  1. Forums
  2. » definition for "spike" v. in volleybal game
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 09/27/2022 at 05:04:29