The Danish Hospital Bomb!

Wilso

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:58 am
The only one who has shown contrition got sentenced to life today. He also explained how he helped manufacture the bomb. While I believe the Bush administration is capable of absolutely anything, I don't believe they were involved in this.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 07:13 am
nimh wrote:
wolf wrote:
I'm not gonna deny that these guys have fundamentalist ideas. But I will deny that they have the means or skills to develop a type of bomb with such tremendous power as to destroy a whole block, (etc)

Why wouldnt they be able to acquire those skills? Why wouldnt they be able to do the same thing you say the CIA is doing all the time? Are they of inferior intelligence, you think?

You can find manuals on how to make bombs on the net, no biggie there, let alone what expertise on the matter is doing the rounds among various extremist groups; what you then need is money and enough hideaways to be able to keep your operation secret. The extremist Islamists of Al-Qaeda and the like lack neither funding nor trusted contacts across the Muslim world - why wouldnt they be able to do it?

You already add "(so called)" to your designation "our o so powerful intelligence agencies", and you're right - no intelligence agency can humanly control everything that happens anywhere - you cant expect the CIA to have its agents ready on the look-out at every possible terrorist hideaway in Karachi, Cairo or Jakarta slums. So **** will happen in various countries for various reasons by various groups, without one single driving force controlling it all.

A theory.
The reason that muslim nations are technologically inferior is because they are muslim. Their belief system severely hinders the open exchange of ideas. It places no value on non-religious education. It bans one half of its population (women) from particpating in any kind of scientific, medical, or other kind of white-collar work. It blocks capitalism and economic prosperity in the name of preventing western "decadence".

Once they get rid of these hindrances, they have a chance at competing, but once they do, they will also effectively no longer be muslim (in its current form, anyway).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 07:32 am
Brand X wrote:
The reason that muslim nations are technologically inferior is because they are muslim. [..] It bans one half of its population (women) from particpating in any kind of scientific, medical, or other kind of white-collar work.

Bull. No women participate "in any kind of scientific, medical, or other kind of white-collar work" in the Muslim countries? In Taliban Afghanistan, perhaps. Should I remind you that two Muslim countries have recently had a female President? Former President Benazir Bhutto of Pakistan, current President Megawati Sukarnoputri of Indonesia?

In any case, do I understand that you agree with Wolf that Muslims couldnt have made the Bali (Casablanca, Riyadh, etc) bombs, then? Cause that was what I was responding to. Who do you think was behind them, then?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 07:40 am
Er - I don't think there is any evidence that the Bali bombing affected Australian opinion on the invasion of Iraq very much at all - there was a clear and solid majority AGAINST the invasion, until shooting began, and then a swing towards supporting our troops since they were there.

I also do not think that Bali - a peaceful culture and a community with few resources other than tourism - had a sophisticated intelligence infrastructure, although there WERE intelligence warnings of a very unspecific nature.
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:17 am
Come on guys, of course the Bush regime is involved in this. Why weren't these guys killing Australians during eight years of Clintonism, you think? Same goes for al Qaeda (African embassy bombings have never been claimed by the Taliban), and all the other murderous setups in Yemen, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Iraq recently -- the CIA is clearly back at its old game. Nimh, what the hell is the agency doing with its countless billions of dollars? You're gonna feed me the lie that they need reform, I guess. LOL

Except for Hamas in the Palestine conflict and the separatist ETA, since G HW Bush came back, terrorism came back as well. There would be none without black covert operations -- the worst invention in human history.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:47 am
So, err, what was the story about the African embassy bombings according to you, then?

I mean, uh -

either the CIA was behind those too, already; in which case you're wrong about all this having been started by the Bush regime;

or the CIA wasnt behind those, yet - which means, gasp, other people did it, other organisations, non-American ones even - which would beg the question why they wouldnt be fully capable to do the same kinda thing anymore now.

Either case, you seem to contradict yourself, no?
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 10:09 am
In the 2000 election scam, the Bushes weren't in federal power either. That didn't block them from paying off hundreds of accomplices and control several mainstream media corporations. Anonymous mercenary forces have always been a tool of George Bush Sr.'s covert operations.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 05:34 pm
Ah, so ... the Bushes - Junior being governor of Texas, Senior being ... retired, basically - hired anonymous mercenary forces during Clinton's Presidency to perpetrate the African embassy bombings?

But, eh, wouldnt that have been a little silly? I mean, terrorist attacks tend to unite a nation behind its leader - see 9/11 - and the leader was Clinton, the Bushes' foe - non?
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 06:36 pm
<It was just some niggers in Africa... >

Those who believe Bush Sr. is slowly rockin his chair all day gazing at the void better get their heads straightened. This is one ambitious pop, who still isn't satisfied with his NWO. Old Bush is the shadow president -- everybody in Washington knows that. And he brought his recipe for terror back from the eighties. He wouldn't know what to do with himself if there were no one left to fight.

Which brings us to the fundamental tragedy of the current US military, intelligence, and corporative complex: there is no one left to fight.

That's why they have to create new adversaries through the CIA. Theatrically.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 08:06 pm
Wolf, you are starting to sound like I-------o. Who is the "everybody" that "knows" Bush I is the "shadow president?"
0 Replies

John Webb

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 11:02 pm
Could it be that there are two Presidents, because no one man could be so dumb? Very Happy
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 03:19 am
hobit, sound like who? i....O Question

You think W deliberately applied for the presidency?? You think Ronald Reagan did??

Don't you see the pattern in all these Bush-led administrations, the central figure, the man with enough power, hate and extremist ideology to bring all this mysery upon us? Thank, dammed, thank.
0 Replies