LionTamerX

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 11:01 pm
@McGentrix,
McG... What are you, BBB now ?

Nice cut and paste.
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 11:11 pm
@LionTamerX,
No ... BBB would have created a new thread for her new post.
LionTamerX

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 11:17 pm
@Ticomaya,
This is true...
0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 07:08 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Compared to McCain's position on Iraq and wars, that's a plus for Obama. If Obama says "war is the last resort," we can trust what he says.

Based upon what accomplishment/satement/experience can I trust what he says?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 08:03 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

These titles are driving me crazy. There are several of them in the political forum. It's not WHY Joe Biden is a huge ass, it's HOW Joe Biden is a huge ass. Unless, of course, you want to psychoanalyze the guy.

I think the intention was to convey something like, "Why you should believe...."
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:09 am
@McGentrix,
The author of McG's tread is:

Dave Nalle has been a magazine editor, freelance writer, capitol hill staffer, game designer and taught college history for many years. He is an activist for libertarianism within the Republican party. He now designs fonts for a living and lives with his family just outside Austin. You can find his writings on politics and culture at Republic of Dave, on conspiracy theories at IdiotWars and on design and fonts at The Scriptorium.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:30 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Being a Repubican Libertarian, I wonder what Dave Nalle thinks of McCain's Palin choice for VP?

He could start with right wing radical Palin's attempt to remove books from the library that she didn't approve of.

BBB
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:37 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Palin's attempt to remove books from the library that she didn't approve of.

PROOF?
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:59 am
@H2O MAN,
While right wing radical Sarah Palin was Mayor of Wasilla she tried to fire the highly respected City Librarian because the Librarian refused to consider removing from the library some books that Palin wanted removed. City residents rallied to the defense of the City Librarian and against Palin’s attempt at out-and-out censorship, so Palin backed down and withdrew her termination letter. People who fought her attempt to oust the Librarian are on her enemies list to this day.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:04 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I know it's really hard for you guys to talk about that abject failure that is Joe Biden, but I am going to have to ask you to try. There are discussions where you can talk about Palin to your hearts content.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:16 am
@McGentrix,
Did you ignore that my response was requested by H2Oman?

BBB
gungasnake

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:20 am
McCain opted for the future, Oinkbama opted for an old bum. Others he (Oinkbama) could have chosen include:

https://secure.reservexl.net/wwwimg/img/tours/2023-1.jpg

http://www.old-picture.com/american-history-1900-1930s/pictures/Hobos.jpg

http://downwiththeinternet.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/hobo.jpg
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 10:23 am
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j99/mocowboysfan/palinnypost.jpg
sumac

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:00 pm
@gungasnake,
Lordy, Lordy, who do we have here? Some new faces to be sure.....
sumac

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:01 pm
@sumac,
And to reply to myself, I love Joe Biden.
sumac

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:04 pm
@sumac,
And Sarah Palin is an ass.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 02:26 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Did you ignore that my response was requested by H2Oman?

BBB

You mean the question he asked in response to your discussion of Palin? No, I didn't ignore it.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:28 am
Iraqi Leaders Opposed Biden's Partition Plan
By DAN SENOR
September 9, 2008; Page A23

On Sunday's "Meet the Press," Sen. Joseph Biden made a series of stunning arguments in defense of his plan for segregation of Iraq along ethnic and sectarian lines. When Mr. Biden first announced his partition plan in May 2006, Iraqi leaders and U.S. officials understood it to mean the establishment of strong Sunni, Shiite and Kurdish regional administrations. The Biden plan would have also begun a phased redeployment of U.S. troops in 2006 and withdrawn most of them by the end of 2007.

Despite deep resistance from the Iraqi government, Mr. Biden tried to turn his plan into U.S. policy, introducing a nonbinding Senate resolution that called for its implementation. But his effort completely backfired in Baghdad. The proposal ended up unifying all the disparate Iraqi factions in opposition.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, who called on the Iraqi parliament to meet and formally reject the Biden plan, immediately went on Iraqi television with a blistering statement: "[Biden] should stand by Iraq to solidify its unity and its sovereignty . . . [He] shouldn't be proposing its division. That could be a disaster not just for Iraq but for the region."

On "Meet the Press" Mr. Biden dismissed Mr. Maliki's objections because the Iraqi prime minister's "popularity is very much in question." Based on what? Most independent analysts who have recently traveled to Iraq point to his heightened popularity as a result of the stabilization of Anbar province, the decimation of al Qaeda in Iraq, and his decision to successfully confront Moqtada al-Sadr and his Mahdi Army in Basra.

The notion that a number of other Iraqi leaders supported the Biden plan is not correct either. Actually, it was just the opposite.

Abdul Mahdi al-Karbala'i, the representative of Iraq's most senior Shiite cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali Sistani, called the Senate resolution "a step toward the breakup of Iraq. It is a mistake to imagine that such a plan will lead to a reduction in chaos in Iraq; rather, on the contrary, it will lead to an increase in the butchery and a deepening of the crisis of this country, and the spreading of increased chaos, even to neighboring states."

The Sunni Association of Muslim Scholars also denounced the plan. "This is a dangerous partitioning based on sectarianism and ethnicity," said Hashim Taie, a member of the Iraqi Accordance Front, the largest Sunni party in the parliament.

Qays al-Atwani, the moderator of the popular "Talk of the Hour" television show, interviewed Iraqi Shiites and Sunnis about the Biden resolution. He concluded: "For the first time in Iraq, all political blocs, decision makers and religious authorities agree on rejecting the [Biden] resolution that contradicts the will of the Iraqi people." The Senate resolution even managed to provoke radical Shiite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr's political supporters to momentarily join their rivals -- all in opposition to the Biden plan.

Secular Sunni parliamentarian Mithal al-Alusi held a news conference in Baghdad to call on the Iraqi government to formally declare Mr. Biden "a persona non grata" in Iraq. As for Iraq's neighbors, The Gulf Cooperation Council and the Arab League both denounced the Biden resolution.

The uproar was unsurprising, as partition would have involved expelling Iraqis from their homes. How would a partition work, for example, in major cities like Kirkuk, which is majority Kurdish but also has a large Sunni population, and substantial Christian and Turkomen populations? The likely outcome would have been forced relocation. This could have sparked a wave of renewed sectarian violence, if not civil war.

On Sunday, when Mr. Biden was asked about the current progress in Iraq, he managed to take the lion's share of the credit: "I'm encouraged because they're doing the things I suggested . . . That's why it is moving toward some mild possibility of a resolution." But we should be grateful that Iraqis did not do as he suggested. Mr. Biden's frustration with the looming Iraqi civil war in 2006 and early 2007 was understandable. The U.S. was on the verge of total defeat and Iraq was at risk of collapse. But Mr. Biden's plan would have inflamed Iraq's already volatile situation.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:33 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Once again BBB, you are working with incorrect information.
The radical left has clogged your brain with unbelievable bullshit.
Please call Roto-Rooter and do some research once the clog has been cleared.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 10:54 am
@McGentrix,
Biden's federalism proposal is exactly what is in the Iraq Constitution, which was approved by the members of the government and the people.