Will polls come back?

Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:58 am
I was just wondering if the ability to do polls will come back?

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:59 am
@Reyn,
i was wondering that myself...
also, will old polls be returned to existing threads?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:19 pm
Bumping for Craven /Robert or Nick.

Thanks....
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:25 pm
@Reyn,
We aren't going to follow the forums for feature requests and answers, as we'd like to use the site for our own personal use eventually instead of being here for "work".

We are going to launch a blog that will have any answers we can give on any of these subjects and if you want to get something to our attention then contact the webmaster department of the help desk.

As to the polls, the current plan is to import the old poll data as text in the body of the first post to provide the context back for those topics (many of whom make no sense without a poll). We may make a new poll feature but would likely make it quite different than the way previous polls used to work and this is low on our list of priorities right now.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2008 09:55 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Not that you need our approval but I think the separation is a great idea, especially long term.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 04:43 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
We are going to launch a blog that will have any answers we can give on any of these subjects and if you want to get something to our attention then contact the webmaster department of the help desk.

Thank you for your answer. The blog idea is excellent and sounds much more efficient for you and us, than trying to enquire about something on the forums.

I appreciate all your hard work that you've put into this effort on this site.
0 Replies