Palin didn't write her speech

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:25 am
I don't know how many of you saw an interview on TV yesterday with the group of Republican MEN who prepared a speech for Sarah Palin to deliver to the Republican convention. They openly admitted that they gave it to her to study. She didn't like the speech because it was in the MALE voice, not the FEMALE voice. They said Palin changed the tone of the speech to be more representative of her voice and style.

Palin got a lot of praise for the "red meat" content of the speech the MEN prepared for her.

It was obvious that the Republican MEN had written Palin's speech several days ahead of time because they included some Palin claims that had already been exposed by the Media as untrue. Even Palin didn't correct the lies.

So Palin got a lot of kudos for being tough with a speech Republican MEN wrote for her enhanced by her feminine touch. Clever!

See this post:
http://able2know.org/topic/121890-1#post-3388196

BBB

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:01 am
I knew before she spoke that she didn't write it. The republican leaders aren't going to take a chance on Palin, a lightweight who has no experience, to make a speech that will WOW the convention members and their party on tv.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:39 am
But does any politician write their own speeches? Not knocking one way or the other, but they are all written by some one else.
Mame

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:47 am
@Linkat,
That's what I was thinking. GWB doesn't write his; it's obvious every time he talks off the cuff.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:49 am
@Linkat,
Obama has a speechwriter but participates in almost all the speeches (he and the speechwriter(s) go back and forth), and has written most of his major ones (2004 convention, race speech, etc.)
Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:55 am
@sozobe,
That is what I thought of most politicians - they have a speech writer and then review/give input.

So it shouldn't be a surprise for this particular candidate either or a knock. I guess that is why I only give so much creedance to the speech - I like to do research on my own - past experience, issues they believe/plans on handling, etc.

Anyone can say anything
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:04 am
Meh, who cares? Politicians have been employing professional speechwriters since the Middle Ages. Did you know that the Monkees didn't write their own songs either?
Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:10 am
@joefromchicago,
Sh*t not the Monkees!!! I actually saw them in concert where the Patroits play.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:04 pm
@joefromchicago,
Joe, of course I know that speech writers do most of the work for many politicos and other professionals. Obama is an exception as is Biden.

What I found interesting about the information was that she only changed the style from a male to female voice and that she didn't remove the lies.

BBB
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:08 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Sh*t not the Monkees!!! I actually saw them in concert where the Patroits play.

But you didn't see them writing any of their own songs, did you?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:09 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Joe, of course I know that speech writers do most of the work for many politicos and other professionals. Obama is an exception as is Biden.

What I found interesting about the information was that she only changed the style from a male to female voice and that she didn't remove the lies.

BBB

Well, I imagine she did a little more than change the style. After all, I find it difficult to picture Joe Lieberman calling himself a "hockey mom."
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:17 pm
@joefromchicago,
Barack Obama's camp issued a statement in response to Sarah Palin's speech:

"The speech that Governor Palin gave was well delivered, but it was written by George Bush's speechwriter and sounds exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years. If Governor Palin and John McCain want to define 'change' as voting with George Bush 90% of the time, that's their choice, but we don't think the American people are ready to take a 10% chance on change."
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:18 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Obama didn't write his speeches either.
ebrown p

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
Obama's speeches don't sound like "exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years."
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:24 pm
@joefromchicago,
Some groups don't even sing their own songs.

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
Are you trying to divert my topic?

BBB
McGentrix

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:39 pm
@Ticomaya,
True story.

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:43 pm

Good speech, though.

The gloves are off. No more Ms Nice Guy.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:48 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Obama's speeches don't sound like "exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years."

Um... the democrat party isn't exactly the same divisive, partisan party it was over the last eight years, it's much worse!

Bravo Palin - Give 'em hell!!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:54 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Well what else is Obama going say? Seeing his campaign is based on change, he would want to point out what is the same between Bush and Palin. I'm sure Obama doesn't point out all the things he considered the same between him and Bush.

Both sides of political parties do the exact same thing - nothing surprising on either side.

I thought both Obama and Palin did excellent in their speeches and presented fantastically. The only parts I didn't like of either is when they knocked the other party. I'd rather they keep that out and simply focus on themselves. I loved Obama's until he started digging into McCain. I honestly dislike the negativity on both sides.
0 Replies