1
   

Palin and the Christianist tradition

 
 
Intrepid
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:15 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Quote:
Despite your narrow thinking, there are people who disagree with you regarding there being no God.

Ok, I should have been more specific. The concept of God is too broad to rule out, but how about there being a God that is TALKING to them (which is really what I had in mind)?

Do you really think that some God is talking to these people? Do you think that any rational person should consider the possibility that when someone says 'God told them to do it', that they are right?




Now we are closer to the same page. Smile
0 Replies
 
Intrepid
 
  2  
Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:19 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
Intrepid wrote:
Despite your narrow thinking, there are people who disagree with you regarding there being no God.


I don't see how believing/thinking there is no god can be described as "narrow thinking", Intrepid. It seems that one has to expand their thinking to come to the conclusion that there is no god.


I do not consider that fact that someone may not believe as narrow thinking.

I DO consider it narrow thinking to presuppose that nobody should believe in God because the writer does not. It can, however, actually go both ways. I only consider narrow thinking to be where one does not account for the possibility of the other opinion being correct.
Intrepid
 
  2  
Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:20 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:


Some of us have overcome those "handicaps."


A handicap is only a handicap when one allows it to be one.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:24 am
@Intrepid,
And that's the majority on this planet. Surprised?
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Sep, 2008 11:25 am
@Intrepid,
I now understand your point, Intrepid.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

What's most disturbing and frightening
is that so many Americans believe what they're saying.

I know that we can rely on u
to stop Americans from believing what thay say.
0 Replies
 
gungasnake
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
She's yet another Christianist zealot in the mold of Lieutenant General William G. Boykin, and George W. Bush claiming that God tasked the US' slaughter and destruction in Iraq.


God did not bring about the American invasion of Iraq. Saddam Hussein brought it about by providing the 9-11 jackers with partially-weaponized anthrax.
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:49 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
She's yet another Christianist zealot in the mold of Lieutenant General William G. Boykin, and George W. Bush claiming that God tasked the US' slaughter and destruction in Iraq.


God did not bring about the American invasion of Iraq. Saddam Hussein brought it about by providing the 9-11 jackers with partially-weaponized anthrax.


Shocked Laughing

Dumb even for you

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
gungasnake
 
  0  
Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 04:56 pm
Palin and the "Christianist tradition".........

Unlike the demoKKKrat party which is a monolith, pubbies consist of at least three recognizable subspecies, i.e. the religious right, an old money group including the Bush family and similar ilk, and a populist group consisting of people like George Allen, Ted and Marcy Dykes, and Sarah Palin.

The ONLY thing there might be not to like in Palin would be the right2life(TM) thing and, worst possible case which is never gonna happen in real life, somebody might claim that Palin et. al. were going to force them to have five more kids (twins and triplets).

My answer to that is that for what Baroque Oinquebama and the dems are gonna coast you, you could ******* AFFORD five more kids...
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 06:09 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Palin and the "Christianist tradition".........

Unlike the demoKKKrat party which is a monolith, pubbies consist of at least three recognizable subspecies,
i.e. the religious right, an old money group including the Bush family and similar ilk, and a populist group
consisting of people like George Allen, Ted and Marcy Dykes, and Sarah Palin.
R u denying that there is any place for Goldwater libertarians in the GOP????





David
gungasnake
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Not really, although by rights the libertarians ought to be a separate party. The lack of runoff elections everywhere makes that impossible.
rabel22
 
  0  
Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 08:25 pm
I have known several people who had conversations with God. They heard what he said right up to the time they took thier medicine. Than He quit talking too them.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Fri 18 Dec, 2009 09:20 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Not really, although by rights the libertarians ought to be a separate party.
The GOP was always supposed to be the freedom-oriented party.





David
0 Replies
 
hingehead
 
  1  
Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2011 06:13 am
Kinda weird bumping an old thread, but this is the only thread tagged 'religion and politics' which is bizarre.

http://amultiverse.com/files/comics/2011-09-05-Evidence-Schmevidence.png
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

T'Pring is Dead - Discussion by Brandon9000
Another Calif. shooting spree: 4 dead - Discussion by Lustig Andrei
Friends don't let friends fat-talk - Discussion by hawkeye10
Before you criticize the media - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Fatal Baloon Accident - Discussion by 33export
The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie - Discussion by bobsal u1553115
Robin Williams is dead - Discussion by Butrflynet
 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 08/06/2020 at 08:22:21