Your thoughts about Kevin Trudeau.

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 03:28 pm
I recently started reading his book "Natural cures "they" don't want you to know about".

I did a quick google research on this guy and most of the searches say he's a con artist.

I don't think the book is a con nor do I think the data in the book is a con. Fact is, over 21 million kids this year alone received prescriptions for ADD meds.......hello.....wake up - the drug companies are making millions and so are your doctors. trudeau is offering people a cheap directory of other options. if you want to talk about cons - let's discuss "ADD" - that's a con that is making millions yet no one squawks about that - maybe they are too doped up on their Paxil or Prozac. I won't even discuss how many people are taking pills for whatever money making "disorder" the drug companies created this week. For some reason it's okay for all those drug pushing commercials to be on TV and radio - let's count how many you see in any given hour yet when someone markets natural options - people say it's a scam....hmmmmm

What are your thoughts about Kevin Trudeau?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 814 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Nick Ashley

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 03:43 pm
@Primotivo,
Don't know anything about the guy.

However, I don't get your argument about ADD and other "Fake disorders". Maybe more kids are diagnosed with ADD then should be. But if thats the case, then shouldn't the solution be something like better parenting, and more discipline, not some other "Natural Cure"? If one needs a natural cure, doesn't that suggest that something is wrong with them to begin with?

I'm not even arguing (nor agreeing) that natural cures are bad, or that drug companies rip people off . I am saying that the first question is to determine weather or not there is a medical problem. If there is, then you need to determine if it should be treated "naturally" or not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 04:36 pm
@Primotivo,
I let myself be swayed by the negative press and by words of my friends, until recently, when I obtained a copy of the book and read it myself. It told exactly what I have believed for the past 16 years. I endorse the book and have no reason to be down on Trudeau over it. I have no personal knowledge of his other activities, and so am limiting my endorsement to the book you have mentioned.
JTT

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 05:41 pm
@edgarblythe,
Did you use some of his remedies, Edgar? How did they work out?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:34 am
@Primotivo,
Funny I had a thread a while ago about this guy " more asking people about his infomercials. I agree that his book isn’t necessarily false information, however, it isn’t like he came up with these “secrets” himself " it is all information already documented. From what I can get as a gist, the only danger is that some one only uses his “secrets” to say cure cancer and then this individual forgoes any traditional type of medical care. Although the care in his book may not hurt some one " in most cases it isn’t gonna cure him.

Also, most of the complaints are not about his books, but his tactics in getting more money for you " in many cases (my husband included), you do not sign up to pay this internet service/newsletter, but they automatically sign you up and your credit card gets charged monthly. Then it is a pain in the a$$ to get them to reverse the charges.
roger

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:45 am
@Linkat,
That's really sleazy, Linkat. I notice some magazines are helpfully renewing subscriptions for you, too.
Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:55 am
@roger,
here is a whole slew of just those sort of sales tactics...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/health/trudeau.html

And because he is such an upstanding citizen, here are some of his legal issues:
A two-year stint in federal prison in the early '90s after pleading guilty to credit card fraud, a 1996 tangle with the Illinois attorney general, who accused him of running a pyramid scheme while working for a health-products company called Nutrition for Life. Trudeau and a co-defendant settled that case, paying $185,000 to Illinois and seven other states; during that time, the U.S. Postal Service and Securities and Exchange Commission also investigated his business dealings.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:56 am
Some other tidbits of info:

The New York state Consumer Protection Board warns those who follow Kevin Trudeau's advice to call a toll-free number for information that Trudeau is selling their name and contact information to telemarketers and junk mailers.
Some of Trudeau's customers have also complained of unexpected charges for his newsletter and discount purchase programs.

Trudeau's troubles with the FTC continue. The FTC charges that Trudeau "deceptively claimed" in infomercials that the weight-loss plan outlined in his latest book is "easy to do, can be done at home, and ultimately allows readers to eat whatever they want." The diet actually "requires severe dieting," daily injections of a prescription drug not approved by the Food and Drug Administration for weight loss, and "lifelong dietary restrictionsFTC press release of Sept. 14, 2007.

Here is the link which includes lots of other colorful info about Trudeau:
http://skepdic.com/trudeau.html

and I really love the John Strossel interview w/him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN5ihrECJms
0 Replies