Why I can't vote for McCain

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:06 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
What issues do you have with Obama?

He lied about campaign reform. He pledged to accept public financing if his opponent would then backed away after record fund raising. He explained this away by saying that what he was really against was "big money" in private donations but the next two weeks he spend all his time courting Hillary's big donors after wrapping up the nomination.

He lied about FISA. He said he would support a filibuster against any plan for retroactive telecom immunity then voted for a bill for such immunity. I think he did this just to try to combat the perception of him as soft in general and to develop some security credentials.

He pandered on capital punishment. He clearly has deep reservations about it but when posed the politically charged question of whether he would accept the death penalty for Osama he pandered. And even if he's being honest then I have strong disagreement with him on the acceptability of capital punishment.

He pandered on NAFTA, and engaged in populist rhetoric when he made it part of his campaign while promising other nations that the rhetoric was empty.

He is particularly disingenuous by trying to portray himself as above pandering while being very good at it.

I have a lot of issues with Obama, but you may not understand that because I am thoughtful while you are vapid.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:15 pm
@Robert Gentel,
You have a high opinion on yourself that is not shared, but it's good to know that you are not
wearing the blinders the vast majority of liberals are currently wearing when it comes to Obama.

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:19 pm
@H2O MAN,
Yet you keep your own blinders firmly in place...
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:22 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No blinders here - I'm looking at this with an open mind... you should try it sometime.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:24 pm
@H2O MAN,
open is not to be confused with empty...
Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
This is like debating politics with a small child, if all you have are these one-liners then I'll move on to more substantial folk.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:27 pm
@Rockhead,
You are the authority on emptiness.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:27 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Yes, go out and play and let the adults continue the discussion.

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
and how is that, sir?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 02:38 pm
@Rockhead,
That comment was meant to come out in the form of a question - my apologies.
0 Replies