Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

farmerman

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2018 08:52 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
So does the aircondioning in my Dodge Charger and my Ford F-150.
NO, youve again got it wrong. YOU RESPOND by turning on the AC or adjusting the temp on your climate control. The car doesnt do a damn thing till YOU tell it. NOW, to compare that to biology is < Im gonna get repetitive with you, IS LAZY THINKING. Of course its simplistic and somehow , perhaps via Occams Razor, you feel your belief is right.
In this case LAZY i just lazy.

Quote:
If it doesn’t require intelligence then we should observe nature doing it somewhere today.
Thats not only an argument out of ignorance, its based upon defiant ignorance. Youve had many opportunities to go to many of the listed sites of per reviewed papers and texts that I and several others have presented, yet you deny their existence. You seem to deny that simple chemistry and the basic reaction series can be the instrument of lifes change , you seem to be stuck on the ID bus and unable to investigate the more rigorous world of science. YOu, my friend are demonstrating how religious fanaticism if formed.

Mot of us here have investigated ID and special Creation etc as a true scientific journey in our younger lives and came up wanting much much more.
When answers to something difficult are quickly handed out through invested salesmen (Priests and other clergy all part of the "vocation", I began to have my doubts

When ignorant salesmen (priests and nuns ), became the sales staff on behalf of their way of life, my doubts grew even deeper.

When appearances of badass science began to show up with (often) support from the bishops and resultant anti-science laws were passed in the several states based on "ole time religion" I asked my 6th grade teacher, "why didnt anyone stop this?" and was told I didnt understand the way an all powerful god works and that should be good enough for me.

When many of the above organisations began to divest themselves of this kind of Medieval thinking and started to make their object of myth a more transcendent being, I became totally disenchanted with their dishonesty and fraud

When most religions embraced science as a fact and made it appear that "they were on board all along". I began to feel revulsion for this kind of deceit and it grew more intense when I began a lifes (avocational) study of the rise and feeding of US Creationism and ID at the expense of real learning,which was often assisted and led by despotic local ,state, and national leaders who manipulate their constituents through fear of "modernism" and its master "materialism"These concepts were fed to their constituents even though the contituency had no idea what they were being fed.

You fit the bill of the "modern IDer", where your buds claim a deep respect for what science has done but claim alternative evidence(which remains behind the curtain and is fed us as a "principle" ( but not a demonstrable fact) and they cherry pick from science in a fashion that is incomplete and only focuses on one phenomenon at a time.

They develop elegant sounding but empty explanations that "ground"their beliefs on incorrect statistical expansions, or baseless assertions that "life is too complex to have arisen by evolution", or" mutations cannot deliver the variability that engenders the myriad of species" ( even when these myriads of species also have myriads of members in their communities and when these become less than myriads, they undergo something called extinction and a more successfully breeding variant takes over).
Id say that you guys are guilty of being our pseudo- scientific fanatics, whose only goals in life are to " somehow prove" that your religious beliefs are actually valid science when they are not.

My personal journey consisted of feeling that I was being used and dictated as to what was the basis for the rise of life on the planet. It was empty of facts and of any associated causes and and evidence, whereas science reveled in its ignorance and never gave up trying to find the interlocking answers to the expansion and evolution of life on earth. These answers need to make sense and be predictable and repeatable in a lab. Many we dont yet have answers to but thats no reason that we must sink to mythology. AGAIN That would be plinlaziness and would demonstrate an inability to do creative , disciplined investigation

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2018 09:46 pm
@farmerman,
His denial is necessary for his survival. As a religious person, they can't let go of their fantasy, because they would have sacrificed their whole life believing in "eternal life" with their god. They believe their biological cells will come back to life.
What I don't understand is the matter of aging. Do they arrive in heaven at the age of their death? Do they age in heaven? Do they live for a million years?
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 07:43 am
@cicerone imposter,
I think he believes what he says. I cant deny his beliefs, just his motives.
Also, I really dont give a rats ass how they all carry on as long as they keep their religious worldview out of science classes that are payed for by our taxes (namely public and charter schools). In order for them to do that, they MUST convince the state ed boards and school boards that what they speak about Creation and evolution is NOT religiously based. They might pull it off in Florida because of some weasel wording (and by the fact that the ACLU is defending the religious which creates an unusual turn of logic)

We will see what happens come the fall and winter whenever one or more suits are filed in civil courts.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 07:52 am
I agree that they believe what they assert, god-wise. But I think they mostly throw up **** against science, knowing it, the ****, is not founded in anything scientific.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 08:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What I don't understand is the matter of aging. Do they arrive in heaven at the age of their death? Do they age in heaven? Do they live for a million years?
We are in the realm of theology here (I didn’t bring it up) but Are you actually interested in those answers? They are addressed in the Bible so I assume you have not read it. That isn’t a one sided criticism because for the most part the religious have not read it beyond the cherry picking in most religious services.

If you want to embarrass a congregation of church goers, just get up and read a few verses that contradict their particular dogma. I'm among those who have been kicked out for doing so.
Leadfoot

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 08:25 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I agree that they believe what they assert, god-wise. But I think they mostly throw up **** against science, knowing it, the ****, is not founded in anything scientific.

****?

Lately all I have done in the evolution discussion is to bring up and comment on peer reviewed papers published in the most respected scientific journals.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:36 am
@edgarblythe,
As a person whose religious beliefs were grounded in atheism and Evolutionism, I would definitely like this religious spin on things to be removed from science class everywhere.

And yes, i used to preach so hard and truly believe deep down to my core that evolutionism is a reasonable worldview, and yes, in some ways I think you guys have the same mindset i used to.
At least I hope so, For Christ himself said ‘forgive them father for they do not know what they do’.... as for human beings or angelic beings Which know the truth, yet stand in rebellion, well, it is not going to be pretty.

One question everyone should ask themselves is that when the truth is fully exposed will they stand-along side it, or stand in rebellion? Then again, every day little choices are made by you and i which draw us closer to what we will choose almost instantaneously when God fully reveals himself.
Yes, even silly little blogs like this play its role in eternity, and our eternal destinations
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:40 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Also, My challengeTo evolutionism regarding morality Still stands. I have not gotten a single response as to whether or not we should treat people like modified fish or bacteria. still stands. I have not go single response as to whether or not we should treat people like modified fish or bacteria
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:41 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Our mindset is based in facts. The religious mindset is not.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:42 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
The question is nonsensical.
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Ever talk to Mormons, Jehovah’s Witness, Catholics, regarding their doctrines? They say the exact same thing as people caught up in evolutionism like yourself. Look here they say, this is how things should be interpreted, this is the truth.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:45 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
They are variations of you.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:51 am
@edgarblythe,
Maybe to a certain extent. I definitely do not see any reason to resist or ignore the truth when we will all be faced with it no matter what Ya know? Tick-tock. Can’t stop the clock
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 09:55 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
Well ya got that last part right.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 12:41 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
I have not go single response as to whether or not we should treat people like modified fish or bacteria
I probably feel as most other people herein. They dont answer really stupid questions. DO fish even understand our various languges??? and you know this how?

You seem to be smugly self assured. A good barista needs that.
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 12:48 pm
@Helloandgoodbye,
Quote:
For Christ himself said ‘forgive them father for they do not know what they do’
and Christ himself knew precious little about biology, just red the gospels. Its all fulla crap and misconception.
You sound like a 13 year old evangelical preacher from West Virginia I once went to a tent revival to see. (Funny an sad at the same time, heres was a little kid, who probably believed he was "doin the Lawd's work" was being used by his manager parents to skim the rubes of their cash by promising mansions upstairs. Just so ya know that ya gotta die to heck in.

West Virginians aint any dumber than those anti-science types (or revisionist science types) here on A2K.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:14 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
A good barista needs that.

I suspect that the nickel will not drop for this any more than it did for the comments about fries and fry cooks.
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:17 pm
@Setanta,
I need a good vacation. Its my style in name calling, I cannot see the constant use of words like "moron" when there are boundless phrases more creative.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:21 pm
I am all in favor of literary invention.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:54 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:
If you want to embarrass a congregation of church goers, just get up and read a few verses that contradict their particular dogma. I'm among those who have been kicked out for doing so.

Good for you. I wish I could have seen it. Next time you do that try to get a video Wink