Carter/Gore/Et Al... - These are the folks the Dems want you to respect?

Woiyo9

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:10 am
Why are these has beens so revered by the liberals?

Carter..."Former president Jimmy Carter called Republican presidential candidate John McCain a "distinguished naval officer," but he said the Arizona senator has been "milking every possible drop of advantage" from his time served as a prisoner of war in Vietnam. John McCain was able to weave in his experience in a Vietnam prison camp, no matter what the question was," Carter said. "It's much better than talking about how he's changed his total character between being a senator, a kind of a maverick … and his acquiescence in the last few months with every kind of lobbyist pressure that the right-wing Republicans have presented."

Gore (must have been drunk) - "Take it from me," Gore continued," if it had ended differently, we would not be bogged down in Iraq, we would have pursued bin Laden until we captured him. We would not be facing a self-inflicted economic crisis; we would be fighting for middle-income families. We would not be showing contempt for the Constitution; we’d be protecting the rights of every American, regardless of race, religion, disability, gender or sexual orientation. And we would not be denying the climate crisis; we’d be solving it."

"before he entered the White House, Abraham Lincoln’s experience in elective office consisted of eight years in his state legislature in Springfield, Ill., and one term in Congress "- during which he showed the courage and wisdom to oppose the invasion of another country, that was popular when it started, but later condemned by history.

Oprah - "I cried my eyelashes off," she said in the bowels of Invesco Field, moments after Obama accepted the nomination for president before an estimated 84,000 people.

"I think it's the most powerful thing I have ever experienced," she added, calling Obama's words "transcendent." On the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a Dream Speech," Winfrey compared Obama's words to those of the civil-rights leader, Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.

Green Witch

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:26 am
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Why are these has beens so revered by the liberals?

I could ask the conservatives the same about Bush, but I don't want to waste my life energy hearing the excuses.
Woiyo9

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 06:29 am
@Green Witch,
I am not asking you about Republicans.

Your inability to stay on topic is typical of the looney left. Rolling Eyes
nimh

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:04 am
@Woiyo9,
Hey Woiyo, thanks for bringing those quotes. They sound good.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 09:38 am
@Woiyo9,
Looney left? Alliteration! You've employed a poetic device, therefore you must be correct! Well done!

But let me get us back on topic by echoing your completely sound reasoning: why would anyone respect two Nobel Peace Prize winnners over members of an administration of war-mongers perenially under investigation?
0 Replies