She Was Alone in the Room...........

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 05:25 pm
They were alone in the house. It was a cold, dark, stormy night. The storm had come up quickly and each time the thunder boomed, he watched her jump.

She looked across the room and admired his strong appearance. She wished that he would take her in his arm, comfort her, protect her from the storm. She wanted that...

Then the power went out.

She screamed.

He raced to the sofa where she was cowering. He did not hesitate to pull her into his arms. He knew this was a forbidden union and expected her to pull back. He was surprised when she didn't resist, but instead clung to him.

The storm raged on, as did their growing passion, and there came a moment when each knew that they had to be together. They knew it was wrong. Their families would not understand.

But they were so consumed in their passion they didn't hear the door or the click of the light switch.

The power was back on......Click
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,233 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 05:29 pm
My God, it was Jeffrey . . .

First, his face registered shock, disbelief, dismay . . . and, slowly, growing anger . . .

"How could you do this to me," Jeffrey cried, his voice cracking, "After all we've meant to each other. I've given you the best years of my life, i gave up a career for you, so you could have your own. Haven't i always been faithful to you, haven't i always done all i could to please you?"

"But . . . but, Jeffrey, you don't understand . . . the storm . . . the power going out . . . "

"Oh shut up, Charlie, you bastard, i never want to see you again."

Jeffrey rushed from the room, tears filling his eyes . . .

Charles hurried after him, pleading.

And now, she was alone in the room, when . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 06:03 pm
Setanta- Did you click, "Click" ?? Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 06:21 pm
They realized that they'd interupted Mugsy and Lola and now there it was, out in the open.....

Mugsy said,....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 06:22 pm
Yeah, Boss, but let us have our fun, 'k?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 06:30 pm
Amber burst in suddenly, bedraggled and sodden from the storm, looking ashen, her wide eyes darting fearfuly about the room.

"He's gone then?", Amber managed between heaving gasps, the fear in her voice a tangible thing. "He mustn't find me here ... he just mustn't".

"He won't be back, Amber, dear", she answered, glancing despondently toward the door still ajar from the hasty exits of Jeffery and Charles, "Neither of them will, I fear"
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:31 pm
Lola and who? Mugsy? I don't think so. Lola has had a bit too much to drink and clings to another.........not mugsy.........
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:39 pm
hmmmm.....
0 Replies

Datamill

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 09:42 am
Amber, still standing by the door. Trembling. Soaked from the storm. Water pooling on the wooden floor beneath her feet.

She collapses to her knees, hands covering her face. "No", she sobs, "Jeffery's got to come back! I've just come from the hospital in town. He's got to know what's happened!"
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:35 am
"I'll call Apoo at the convenient store--he always knows what's going on in town--he can find Jeffrey for us . . ."

She walked quickly to the phone, but, picking it up, a look of horror comes over her face.

"Just after i picked it up, the dial tone stopped--the phone went dead!"

Then they heard it, the sound filled them with dread, the sound of . . .
0 Replies

Datamill

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 10:54 am
. . . the blender coming from the kitchen. They were not alone!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2002 11:03 am
... and the cheerful, maddeningly repetitious jingling Ice Cream Truck Meleody!

"Oh, NO!", she exclaimed, drawing Amber to her. "Its happened again! Jeffery's relapsed! He's having another of his spells! They warned us this could happen"

The bells grew louder, closer, the menacing promise of ...

(Edited, as I see I should keep multiple instances of this page open to stay abreast of updates as they occur ... that, or think and type faster)

timber
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 01:35 pm
of an ice cream treat! But just as the lonely ladies reached for their purses, a strange man climbed in the window.

The women stood, glued to the floor, frozen in time, not sure what to do, adrift in fear, wishing for Kansas, wanting the Wizard, unable to think, confused and frustrated...........
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 03:32 pm
timberlandko wrote:

(Edited, as I see I should keep multiple instances of this page open to stay abreast of updates as they occur ... that, or think and type faster)

If you use the Post reply button there is a preview window. Above that window I have added a link to refresh the preview so you can see if there are new posts without leaving the posting page.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 08:29 pm
Yay, Craven. Much better.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2002 09:48 pm
You're doing a great job, Craven! Thanks for all your good works. c.i.
0 Replies