X or Y

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:28 am
http://www.funnyandjokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/slick-willy-wonker-bill-clinton.jpg
Slick Willy said:

“Suppose for example you’re a voter and you have candidate X and you have candidate Y,” Clinton said. “Candidate X agrees with you on everything but you don’t think that person can deliver on anything. Candidate Y disagrees with you on half the issues but you believe that on the other half, the candidate will be able to deliver.”

“This is the kind of question that I predict " and this has nothing to do with what’s going on now " but I am just saying if you look at five, 10, 15 years from now, you may actually see this delivery issue become a serious issue in Democratic debates because it is so hard to figure out how to turn good intentions into real changes in the lives of the people we represent.” said:

“Suppose for example you’re a voter and you have candidate X and you have candidate Y,” Clinton said. “Candidate X agrees with you on everything but you don’t think that person can deliver on anything. Candidate Y disagrees with you on half the issues but you believe that on the other half, the candidate will be able to deliver.”

“This is the kind of question that I predict " and this has nothing to do with what’s going on now " but I am just saying if you look at five, 10, 15 years from now, you may actually see this delivery issue become a serious issue in Democratic debates because it is so hard to figure out how to turn good intentions into real changes in the lives of the people we represent.”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 560 • Replies: 5

parados

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:38 am
@H2O MAN,
At some point all those conservative evangelicals are going to figure that out about the GOP. They won't deliver on abortion and never will.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 07:42 am
@parados,
If you watch the video you may notice Bill had a drink or two Drunk
parados

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:14 am
@H2O MAN,
Thanks for clarifying whether this was about issues or just a personal attack.

(Not that there was much question to begin with.)
neologist

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:47 am
@H2O MAN,
I get confused by this sort of post. Then again, I am from New Jersey.

I get confused by this sort of post. Then again, I am from New Jersey.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 11:27 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Thanks for clarifying whether this was about issues or just a personal attack.

(Not that there was much question to begin with.)

Yeah, it's about the issues.

Now that you mention it, SW could have been attacking an un-named person...
0 Replies