The 2008 Democrat Convention

old europe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:21 pm
@old europe,
Okay, about the signs: they were saying "Hillary" on one side, and "Obama" on the other side?

Clever. Nice symbolism.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I said that WOULD HAVE BEEN perfect. No, she didn't.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
2012 was written all over her face, Finn.

Did anyone else notice that she called John McCain her friend?
littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:23 pm
@Lash,
She doesn't leave me thinking that way!
Lash

I promise I am being objective. I'll be just as objective when we watch the GOP convention. Just assessing performances.
Cycloptichorn

@Finn dAbuzz,

You really shouldn't post when you've been drinking, Finn. It's noticeable.

Cycloptichorn
old europe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:26 pm
@Lash,
And had she said it, people would have commented that she had turned around completely from earlier, when she was running her campaign, and that it sounded insincere.....

She gave her supporters lots of rational reasons to support Obama, and she said several times that she fully supported Obama as well.
Lash

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:26 pm
@littlek,
Perception, I guess Little K... I was expecting a strong supportof Obama...and from my experience watching conventions since I was a wee one...it didn't hit it, to me. But, I realize it may have been great to others.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:27 pm
@okie,
What is this whacked out leftist stuff you are hurling at mediocre u.s. libs, mid thread? could you elucidate on that elsewhere?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:27 pm
@Lash,
You're parroting the Fox News hosts. I agree that you are being just as objective as they are Laughing

Cycloptichorn
littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:28 pm
@Lash,
She clearly said elect Obama and just as clearly said do NOT elect McCain.
Lash

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:29 pm
@old europe,
Maybe that's why she couldn't support him specifically as a Senator. It flies in the face of what she said before... You're probably right.
Finn dAbuzz

@Cycloptichorn,
Perhaps, but your posts are notably moronic.

Tomorrow morning I shall be sober, but you will still be moronic.
Lash

@Cycloptichorn,
I haven't watched FOX, doofus. Jeez. I have my own opinions.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
How droll and original Laughing

You are as worried as Okie is. I can't smell yours - you're better at hiding it, as your wit is a little faster then his - but it's there and we both know it. You would have been ecstatic if Hillary hadn't given the speech she gave tonight. Instead, you're left with nothing to do but snip and snap around the edges, like a puppy desperately striving for attention.

Have another beer or two before you hit the hay - the foggy solace it brings, at least for a little time, will be worth the price you'll pay tomorrow morning.

Cycloptichorn
old europe

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:31 pm
@Lash,
I think it wouldn't have gone down too well with her supporters.... And really, that was what her speech was about...

She had to give her supporters a rationale to vote for Obama without contradicting herself. She had to say she supported Obama, and that he would make a better President than McCain...

It appears to me that she's done all that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:32 pm
@Lash,
You can watch FOX and still have your own opinions.

Cyclo is, indeed, a "doofus."
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:32 pm
@Lash,
Oh, I didn't say that you were watching Fox News, just that you were saying the same things they were. And that should tell you something about your supposed objectivity Smile

A good ending, today was a little shaky earlier, but tomorrow should be exciting now.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:34 pm
@snood,
Okay...
She did what she had to do.
Yeah, I'm prolly still a little feather ruffled by the whole lukewarmyness of the Clintons toward Obama's candidacy.
I just don't trust them. I'm relieved she finally, finally seemed to make Obama the focus of her purpose at the convention - but I don't think I will ever trust her or her husband.
She basically praised McCain more than Obama during the campaign, said Obama wasn't Muslim "that she knows of" - puny little crap like that. And Bill with his answer to whether Obama was qualified to be president - "the constitution says he is", and when asked if Obama's ready "Who is ever ready to be president?"...

Those things, delivered when the whole world was listening and taking cues from them about the legitimacy of Obama, don't for me all get made all good by one convention speech that came packaged as part of a presentation that looked like she wasn't sure which Democrat she was there to promote.

But yeah - glad she got around to endorsing the nominee with a little vigor.
Lash

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:37 pm
@snood,
Snood--
What have been the highlights to you so far?