0
   

Gallup Daily: Race Tied

 
 
old europe
 
  5  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 03:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
Okay, let's see....

You started a whole thread, dedicated to one single poll - the Gallup poll - that showed that McCain and Obama were tied.

Then you come back to this thread to claim that "Obama is either 1 point ahead of McCain or dead even with McCain depending on what poll you look at" - when at very the same day, the very same poll you started this thread about shows Obama with a lead of 6 points.

When being called on that, you claim that you "look at the real poll data not the liberal straw man talking points that you focus on." It seems that, when you started this thread, it was you who focused on those liberal straw man talking points. Laughing

Then, you suddenly change your argument and state that "there are many polls to consider", and that "Obama is now enjoying an averaged 3 point lead."

Being called on completely switching your argument within 30 minutes, you then go on and act as if you had been making the same argument all along - that Obama was leading by 3 points - implying that others do not "understand the meaning of the word "averaged"".
Which is particularly funny, because if all polls only showed a tie or a 1 point lead (as you claimed earlier), the average could hardly be 3 points! Laughing Laughing

And finally, you state that the people who are arguing against you and who were pointing out that the Gallup poll - the very same poll you started the thread about - showed Obama with a 6 point lead "champion the single poll that shows Obama in the lead" - on a thread that you started, based on one single poll that happens to be the very same poll that now shows Obama with the biggest lead. Laughing Laughing Laughing


It's like you take pride in being ignorant!

H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 03:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

The really funny thing about all this is that


Oh Cyclotroll, you are mostly left and rarely right.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 03:57 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

Okay, let's see....

You started a whole thread, dedicated to one single poll


Only the ignorant would assume this thread was dedicated to just one poll.
old europe
 
  4  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
It's titled "Gallup Daily: Race Tied".

What were you referring to, if not the Gallup Daily Poll?
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:05 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

It's titled "Gallup Daily: Race Tied".

What were you referring to, if not the Gallup Daily Poll?


I posted it Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:58 pm ... Things have change.
Walter Hinteler
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:06 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

It's titled "Gallup Daily: Race Tied".

What were you referring to, if not the Gallup Daily Poll?


Quote:
http://i35.tinypic.com/ff4co6.jpg



.... there was a "turn the page function" somewhere ...
0 Replies
 
sozobe
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:08 pm
@H2O MAN,
Oh my goodness gracious.

Yes, things have changed! That's the whole point! The poll that you cited on Monday August 25th has now changed -- it's not tied. Obama has a 6-point lead.

Was the Gallup Daily poll reliable when it showed that things were tied but now unreliable when it shows that Obama has a 6-point lead?
0 Replies
 
old europe
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:09 pm
@H2O MAN,
Of course things have changed. Just not the way you wanted them to change.

How does that change the fact that you started this thread referring to one single poll?
0 Replies
 
old europe
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:10 pm
This must be the funniest "politics" thread in quite a while....

Laughing
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:17 pm
Of course things have changed - nothing remains the same.
Did any of you honestly think the polls would not reflect a change over time?

I really don't care about the polls, but some of you are really wound up tight and I love making your heads spin.
It gives me great pleasure to have Liberaltards try to shout me down over the net. You guys are extremely entertaining Laughing
Cycloptichorn
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
Well, of course you feel that way - you're a troll. Riling people up is your bread and butter.

And that's what this thread has really been about: ridiculing a troll. You just didn't catch on Laughing

Yaknow, you don't have to be this way. You could be a serious commentator. Others have decided to make the jump. It's not too late for you.

Cycloptichorn
old europe
 
  2  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
I really don't care about the polls


Yeah. It's pretty obvious you don't care about polls. In fact, you don't care so much about the polls that you start a new thread about it once you find a single poll that confirms what you've been claiming all the time.

Laughing

And hey, even if you enjoy the victim role, but: nobody is "shouting you down". I'm certainly not. Quite the contrary. I'm enjoying it tremendously how you're trying to claim that a thread titled "Gallup Daily" was not about the Gallup Daily Poll, how you're trying to claim all the polls show no or only a 1 point lead when the very same Gallup Daily Poll shows a 6 point lead, how you're trying to claim that you were only looking at averages which happen to show Obama with a 3 point lead....

And all that while linking to your business website in your profile, with your real name, your real address and even your phone number...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Keep up the good work, waterdude!
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:35 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:



Yaknow, you don't have to be this way. You could be a serious commentator.


Do you ever listen to your own words Cyclotroll?

You spout liberal talking points like they are gospel and jump all over anyone that has a differing opinion.
You also have no sense of humor - a condition commonly associated with an abbreviated endowment.



Maybe hope & change is available to you and you little friend, I understand there is medical assistance available to help your condition.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:36 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:


And all that while linking to your business website in your profile,
with your real name, your real address and even your phone number...



I have nothing to hide, nothing to fear and I'm no coward... can you say the same thing?
0 Replies
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  3  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Guilty. I just felt like slapping the troll around a little. Few trolls provide so many examples of idiocy, on demand... but it still counts as feeding the troll.
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:40 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Guilty. I just felt like slapping the troll around a little. Few trolls provide so many examples of idiocy, on demand... but it still counts as feeding the troll.


Billy, you are one of the worst & best at the same time.

You provide giggles and grins to many more people than you could imagine.
Please don't ever change.
Cycloptichorn
 
  4  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:41 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
I'll give him a rest if you will - not really much challenging fare here.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  4  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
I must say; I do like your positive attitude. It must be nice to be immune to the fact that most of those giggles and grins are at your expense.

Did I see this thread with a positive rating of 11? Shocked WTF is up with that. Time to get it out of my sight anyway. Bye now.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  -2  
Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 04:47 pm
Like either of you had anything of substance to contribute.

Get along little doggies Laughing
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/06/2021 at 09:01:37