How will you die?

JTT

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 01:47 pm
Is the chance of dying by "legal" execution actually close to the same as dying from lightning or bee/wasp/hornet stings? That seems odd. If it's so that is truly pathetic.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 03:11 pm
Most of us don't have a choice in "how we die." When our time comes, it just does.
kickycan

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 03:54 pm
Please, let it be alcohol poisoning!
High Seas

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:29 pm
@kickycan,
Hey, Kicky, there's such a thing as a fate worse than death (ahem):

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/c/7/2/hillarys-coffin-lk0515d.jpg
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul.--H w Longfellow
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:22 pm
@Ramafuchs,
im gonna die of cancer, lung most likely, or skin. im pale. and i live in a desert.
Wilso

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:36 pm
At the age of 73, in bed with a stunning 24-year-old, shot by a jealous husband.
Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:37 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I have a poorly functioning heart valve, which will eventually need to be replaced.

I have plaque in my arteries, which is controlled by Plavix, which keeps platelets from sticking together. The bad news is that if I get the slightest cut, I bleed like a stuck pig.

I don't know exactly how I will die, but apparently my body is setting me up with numerous possibilities. I do know one thing, though. Either I will drop like a rock, or if I become involved in a protracted death scenario, I plan on taking matters into my own hands.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:54 pm
@JTT,
good catch, JTT.. if so, but it's just an arguable graphic.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:05 pm
@kickycan,
I just got back from the doc's. My liver is in swell shape, blood chemically speaking. And my cholesterol is screaming on the good side. Ring a ding ding, pass the Maker's Mark and that bowl of ice, which others push to the side, room temperature being better for flavor, lack of dilution, etc.
Temperance, as in less is more for longer, renewed motto.

Please, no lectures on booze=bad. I think binge culture is bad.

(Keeping eye out for sinkholes..)
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:25 pm
Death is something I want some control over, unless that turns out to be impossible.

Dys and I have talked about having something around that will assist in suicide if we have some terribly painful, long lasting disease.

Dys' mother had made plans for taking her own life, if she developed a severe illness,with the help of her doctor, who provided medication that would do the trick. She seemed set, until she got alzheimers and forgot all about it. Mercy!
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 07:10 pm
@Robert Gentel,
I'm going to die when I'm 102 years old.
I'm going to be shot by a jealous husband.
devriesj

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:42 pm
@mysteryman,
Just about like wilso, looks like, mysterman.
My hubby says he wants to take a hang glider off a cliff if & when he gets any bad news of the terminal type! I haven't thought about it that much. Too busy livin'!
S'pose you could call me a smart aleck, but I think I remember something I read once about all deaths being caused by lack of oxygen to the brain - some science journal or something.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:54 pm
@OGIONIK,
I smoke daily 40 DUNHILL which costs 10 Euro.
I have no cancer. Churchill is a chain cigar smoker.
he died out of old age.
But death will come and we all leave this planet one by one.
Be brave and fear not about death.
Make jokes and help the local community.
sing some song and walk a little.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:14 am
Just to inform you: Dave Freeman, the author of "100 Things To Do Before You Die" died in an accident at the age of 47.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/dead-at-47-the-man-who-told-us-how-to-live-life-to-the-full-909671.html

High Seas

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter - sad about the man, of course >
Quote:
...He fell and hit his head at home in Venice, Los Angeles..

> but this reminds me of joke, man goes to doctor who tells him to stop drinking, smoking, eating fried foods, sex, and staying up late; man asks: "And if I do all these things, will I live forever?", doctor replies: "No, but it will feel like all eternity."
Diane

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 12:44 pm
@High Seas,
Then there was the one about a man who went to see his doctor. He came out of the doctor's office and told his wife that the doctor wanted to see her.

She went in and the doc told her that unless she cooked gourmet meals every day, had sex whenever her hysband wanted it and kept the house sparkling clean, that her husband only had six months to live.

As she came out of the doctor's office, her husband asked her what the doc said. She replied, "Oh, he said you have about six months to live..."
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 01:00 pm
@Ramafuchs,
RamaThe Chimney wrote:
I smoke daily 40 DUNHILL which costs 10 Euro.
I have no cancer...

Jeez Louise!
There's a bullet in one of those chambers. Put the damn revolver down.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 08:48 pm
How will I die?

But once.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2008 09:17 pm
@Wilso,
what about your jealous wife???
0 Replies