cjhsa
 
  -3  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:43 am
@nimh,
At least I don't post gay pictures of myself for the so called women of A2K to fawn over. And those were some really gay pictures.
nimh
 
  2  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:48 am
@cjhsa,
Laughing Laughing Laughing

No, starting threads to whine about how people vote against you is a lot more attractive - and masculine, of course! Laughing
aidan
 
  5  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:58 am
@NickFun,
I replied to Nick, but I mean to reply to CJ
what is a 'societal leech'? I know what old means and I know what retarded means but this term confuses me (as it would pertain to an internet forum) or do you think that a2k posters are leeches or parasites in their dealings in the real world as a general rule?

OR, and I think I just got it - is this a dig at liberalism and liberals, because most of the posters on a2k seem to be liberals (at least politically- in my opinion there are very few people who are truly 'liberal' in every aspect of their lives here or anywhere else for that matter- but that's another thread...)

My own opinion is that it's sad and misguided to blame all your problems on an unidentifiable/and or immeasurable 'group' (such as liberals and/or progressives). If you do that - then you never have any hope of achieving change for yourself. If you abdicate the power of your day to day happiness to someone- ANYONE else - oh well - there it goes.

And liberals are not MEAN....Rex what you're describing are MEAN/CRUEL people. That is not a function of political ideology (that's another thing that would make an interesting thread though). Cruelty or pettiness or meanness is a function of individual personality. You cannot ascribe that behavior to a group based on political preferences. Unfortunately if you get a couple or group of people who want to be mean to someone else - it feeds and grows- and maybe that's what you think is happening, but I guarantee you it's not because anyone is liberal politically or votes democratic.

I think you should think of meanness as separate and different from selfishness and/or the desire to have things look and be the way an individual wants them to look and/or be. And we all do that and insist on that from those around us -you're doing it Rex when you say, in effect, 'I want more thumbs up and less thumbs down.'
cj- you're doing it when you say, 'I don't like the way this site looks or what these people are saying (by calling them old and retarded and societal leaches).
How is that different than what anyone is doing to you?
(Although you're right - some insist more strongly than others that their environment be and look the way they think it should or want it to). Selfishness can look very much like cruelty - but the two really are very different mechanisms. Most people who are selfish don't even realize they're being selfish and certainly wouldn't consider themselves cruel for trying to shape their world to their preferred dimensions.

But that's what always did bother me about this whole voting thing (although I'm glad it's only going positive- but even there you're gonna run into people not feeling valued equally and that'll turn into it's own negative by default).

Honestly, I seem to value different things than the majority of posters - and I'm fine with that- but when I see people like Ramafuchs and dancerdoll, hellokitty, etc. voted down- it KILLS me - because I enjoy reading them - I really do. I find them as entertaining and thus as valuable in terms of my time here as anyone else on the board.
I think you can be very funny, cj when you reign in your tendency to strike out offensively. And that's despite the fact that I KNOW we probably have absolutely nothing in common- except we both seem to love and value our families ...
I think Rex can offer unique insights - but honestly Rex- I'm sometimes afraid to interact with you because I see how you can become overwrought...and I would never add to anyone's pain (even unintentionally) on the internet when/where I can't see and explain or help alleviate the consequences of my words (even if they were misunderstood) on that person's well-being or consequent lack of it because of something I said.

I aint no societal leech...I take exception to that label.

*Robert - did you grow up on Peach Orchard Drive with two older sisters- Terry Anne and Ellen. You have the same name as one of the younger brothers of two of my neighborhood friends when I was growing up. I keep thinking - is this the Robert Gentel from across the street? Anyway - I just want to say - I think you've done a great service here - and Nick too. However nasty it gets - what you've provided is a means for people to communicate and be heard - and for me - a space to create. I really appreciate it. And even if it's not perfect - although I aint complaining ( to me the whole thing is some sort of incomprehensible magic- I gotta hand it to you for knowing how to do this) you should be proud of what you've contributed to the world - yeah- the world- because you've made this gift of communication available to whoever chooses to avail him or herself of it - and I think it's made an awesome positive difference in a lot of lives.

But as for god being an atheist - Yo MAMA! -Jesus who do you think made it possible for you to have your DNA...come on - tell me that.? Really, I want to know.

dagmaraka
 
  2  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 07:58 am
@nimh,
nimh wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

No, starting threads to whine about how people vote against you is a lot more attractive - and masculine, of course! Laughing


Smile hear hear.
0 Replies
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:27 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

At least I don't post gay pictures of myself
Likely because you're afraid of the ass-kicking you'd get if anyone recognized you in real life. Idea
dagmaraka
 
  1  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:51 am
@OCCOM BILL,
cjhsa, you have posted number of pictures of yourself and your children on this site over time. the difference is that nobody is taking cheap shots at you for it. do not do unto others what you don't want them to do to you.
0 Replies
 
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:37 am
@aidan,
Quote:
I think Rex can offer unique insights - but honestly Rex- I'm sometimes afraid to interact with you because I see how you can become overwrought...


Umm, have you had to endure years all the way back to Abuzz of Set and Dys' wrath? Overwrought is an understatement. I get down right pissed off. Because I would never (as a conservative/moderate) treat another person with such blatant distain. This is the pattern of "liberals" whether you admit it, discern it or believe it. It would never even occur to me to be so cruel and mean. I also contribute on some Christian conservative forums and people are painfully polite. Why are the people so rude here than, the answer: LIBERALS. The need for me there is not as great.

I am harmless as long as people stick to the subject and don't just come in and spam my threads (because people are actually conversing with me.) I have had Set come in and say why are you talking to him and shame people out of my threads. I don't easily forget this rude and insecure behavior. So instead of disagreeing with me, which I welcome they just spam me. The moderators have consistently allowed this. I want to learn too. That is why I am here. But I don't learn anything RELEVANT by pure hate and a constant barrage of the “thumbs down“. Thus, what I learn HERE by sheer contrast is that liberals are often cowardly and well, dumb.

Due to their monkey court I usually just post my opinions and leave. They expect some kind of "Christian" response like I am going to respond with an "I love you" after they kick me in the face. I was taught (from the Bible) to stand up for myself as a Christian and not wallow in the mire of ignorance and vain folly.

Acts 14:3
Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

Romans 15:15
Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Comment: I aim to be PROUD of my Christian spirit. If this is shocking to most, GOOD! It is meant to be. Nowhere in the Bible does it mention whining for God. You add the backing of the one true God to some holy boldness and there is no more powerful manifestation to aid the Christian believer. Perhaps this is what “some” fear, a fully actualized faith. Liberals and some Christians think Christian should be wimps, I beg to differ with them, OK?

A drunk under the influence of alcoholic "spirit" is often more bold than today’s wimpy, whiny, downtrodden Christians. This is the exact opposite of God's will for us. I will never apologize for being proud of my Christian heritage. But I also don't believe in blind faith, like Set, Dys and many other thumbs downers here. I believe faith comes through our understanding not by rank insults, fear intimidation and simply ganging up on someone with no WRITTEN reason at all and blindly voting threads down. God gave me a brain and I am not afraid to use it. I suggest the same for others.

How about some holy boldness instead of a cowardly hit and run thumbs down? That is all I am saying here. Call it whining, call it superior spiritual intellect. Let the readers decide once all is said and done. They can then decide with their own intellect instead of deciding though fear intimidation, rank insults and no actual intellectual content. We can be polite and still disagree. But that takes a higher principle than simply "liberalism". That takes a desire for the TRUTH over an empty ideology.

Ephesians 6:13
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Robert Gentel
 
  4  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:38 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Umm, have you had to endure years all the way back to Abuzz of Set and Dys' wrath? Overwrought is an understatement. I get down right pissed off. Because I would never (as a conservative/moderate) treat another person with such blatant distain. This is the pattern of "liberals" whether you admit it, discern it or believe it. It would never even occur to me to be so cruel and mean. I also contribute on some Christian conservative forums and people are painfully polite. Why are the people so rude here than, the answer: LIBERALS. The need for me there is not as great.


Awful lot of disdain for the kettle, Mr Pot.
cjhsa
 
  0  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:42 am
@Robert Gentel,
The right is definitely not "the pot". Heck they even told the Denver cops not to arrest anyone for toking up at the DNC. And then there's Teddy. Apparently he made it to Denver, but not they cannot get him out of the hotel bar to address the convention.
Robert Gentel
 
  3  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:43 am
@cjhsa,
I'm talking about Rex going off on others for their "disdain" while heaping his own disdain on them.

It has nothing to do with right or left, which both of you guys don't seem to get.
cjhsa
 
  0  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:46 am
@Robert Gentel,
Oh, I get it. I used to be one of those nice guy posters and a moderate. The attacks from the left pushed me much farther to the right.
Robert Gentel
 
  2  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:50 am
@cjhsa,
That's dumb. You let your opinions on government change because people were being mean to you?
RexRed
 
  3  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 11:58 am
I call a2k "the front lines". I could go to my other forum and chit chat in a cozy group of the beloved of God or I could come here and withstand attack to try and save the seemingly lost and unlearned of this world. I prefer the latter, so beat me up over it, I thrive on your protest, because I know one day my words of the spirit will come back and fulfill something missing within your psyche. In my angst I have shown my love for you all. God's word never returns void or empty. That is a promise.

Peace with God.
RexRed
 
  0  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:02 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
Awful lot of disdain for the kettle, Mr Pot.


Again, you are expecting a Christian wimp? Think again, I am the real deal.

Ramafuchs
 
  0  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:06 pm
@RexRed,
How about outsourcing A2k computer intellectuals to bangalore to make this podium congenial, controversial, critical?
I mean that the present change is not congenial nor controversial nor critical.
One should be brave enough with flowery English language to air his views before assessing the ignorance of the A2k participants.
My name is Rama fuchs
Rama is my indian name.
Fuchs is my German family name.
I will die with the name and hide not my identity.
0 Replies
 
Robert Gentel
 
  1  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:10 pm
@RexRed,
Well real deal, if you treat this like "front lines" and see yourself in such an epic battle, you shouldn't be surprised if your feelings get hurt every now and then. Sorta goes with the territory as a Christian solder and all.
0 Replies
 
cjhsa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:12 pm
@Robert Gentel,
No, because I gained greater realization into what I was up against.
0 Replies
 
Ramafuchs
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:24 pm
@aidan,
Honestly, I seem to value different things than the majority of posters - and I'm fine with that- but when I see people like Ramafuchs and dancerdoll, hellokitty, etc. voted down- it KILLS me - because I enjoy reading them - I really do. I find them as entertaining and thus as valuable in terms of my time here as anyone else on the board.
I am not bothered nor care about other's intellectual assessment about the participants here in A2K.
But I expect a normal decency for their assessments.
In my case I got so many intellectual judgement in any topic I put forth here and the people who dare not to repudiate my critical views are trying tochase me out of this forum.
I wiill be here untill i was banned by the administrator or moderators.
Regards.
Ramafuchs
nimh
 
  2  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:27 pm
@Robert Gentel,
RexRed wrote:

I also contribute on some Christian conservative forums and people are painfully polite. Why are the people so rude here than, the answer: LIBERALS.

Alternatively, some of the rudeness here might be triggered by the fact that here, you have people from a variety of viewpoints, and they will passionately disagree with each other. And the passion sometimes spurs rudeness.

It's awfully easy to be "painfully polite" if you're on a forum, like your Christian conservative forums, where everyone agrees with each other on the fundamentals. Here, you will have theocrats and atheists responding to each other, gun nuts and peace marchers, those who listen to Rush Limbaugh and those who quote Olbermann.

Yeah, there's more of the latter, but the clash is still the same - people meet people whose beliefs are so completely the opposite of everything they deem right, anger or indignation are quickly triggered. Your own posts are a prime example of that. To compare that with how polite people can be on a forum where everyone shares the same beliefs, as on your Christian conservative forums - well, duh.
0 Replies
 
DrewDad
 
  4  
Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:29 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

I call a2k "the front lines". ... I ... come here and withstand attack to try and save the seemingly lost and unlearned of this world.

LMFAO!

You sit cozy at a computer, and consider yourself a real missionary?

That. Is. Rich.

Well, not really. Sad and pathetic. But funny in a sad and pathetic way.
 

Related Topics

THIS PLACE SUCKS ! ! ! - Discussion by Setanta
Obama's Senate Replacement Must Be Black - Discussion by maporsche
A2K Is Pandering - Discussion by cjhsa
The art and science of tags - Discussion by joefromchicago
New A2K is Anti-Free Speech - Question by Brandon9000
Criminals For Gun Control - Discussion by cjhsa
vBulletin rocks, new A2K forum sux - Discussion by Chumly
 
  1. Forums
  2. » This sucks
  3. » Page 4
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 07/23/2024 at 11:49:25