RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:06 pm
@dagmaraka,
Quote:
What are you talking about? This thread has actually a score of 0 and your Ant thread has positive 7.

...but I still see no reason to give you or chjsa thumbs up for anything in THIS thread. you're antagonistic and whiny. That's not very attractive. Can't blame people for votin that down, in my honest opinion.

This thread was in the negative and now at zero... seventy five down votes on my threads have somehow been reversed. Thanks, really ! This was not my point to get my threads voted for I just don't want to be hated... Sad

No I can't and won't blame people for voting my threads down but I feel I have been honest and just expressed my thought from my heart. This is the majority of the body of words I have contributed to this site. Occasionally I go out of bounds and I am truly sorry for that. I will not rationalize my errors. Other than apologize when I am out of bounds. But point out my errors in words not votes please and I will always redeem myself in your eyes because I do care that I do not offend or unjustly persecute someone without cause.
DrewDad

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:09 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:
but the system is moving to a different voting metric that engenders less angst.

Once you give in to the whining, you'll never hear the end of it.

Trust me; I know whereof I speak.
RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:10 pm
@DrewDad,
Apparently, telling a whiner that they're whining is kicking them when they're down, and means that you are a "jerk" or and "asshole."

Or so I have been informed recently, by two other whiny members on this site....

No, telling someone they are a whiner when the site has ganged up on you is kicking someone when they are down...

I wouldn't have said anything but this thread kind of burst my bubble and was the catalyst and so I let it all out. Also, I wasn't whining, I was bitching... Smile
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:12 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
No I can't and won't blame people for voting my threads down but I feel I have been honest and just expressed my thought from my heart.

... as have I, RR. I bear you no ill-will.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:12 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
Yes, -5 you putrescent, whiny, attention-seeking, low self-worth, malodorous pervert.

Mirror.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:18 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Quote:
What are you talking about? This thread has actually a score of 0 and your Ant thread has positive 7.

...but I still see no reason to give you or chjsa thumbs up for anything in THIS thread. you're antagonistic and whiny. That's not very attractive. Can't blame people for votin that down, in my honest opinion.

This thread was in the negative and now at zero... seventy five down votes on my threads have somehow been reversed. Thanks, really ! This was not my point to get my threads voted for I just don't want to be hated... Sad

this thread was started by cjhsa, not by you.
the others, well, votes change all the time. nobody "reversed" anything for you. the world revolves around the sun, not around RexRed.
RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:27 pm
My ant thread certainly did not get any love either. Made me think it belonged in my diary online rather than here where it would be maybe appreciated more (and it was in the negative) and I thought geez... it takes "three" votes to put it to negative one and no votes exonerated it.

I am used to that here, had I been that mad I would have started my own "this sucks" thread. I have handled this kind of hate all my life. Been called worse than a pervert. Thought I am not a pervert. I came here to defend cjhsa to take the heat because I am strong can take anything you people can dish out. I thought it might be amusing to cjhsa and possibly be of some comfort. See how I am? And I would do it for anyone else I thought was being treated unfairly. I have been there and remember from whence I come.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:30 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
The times Set has been civil to me I can count on one hand, …

RR, I can count the number of times Set has been civil to me on one finger.

That's right ... the middle one.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:32 pm
@DrewDad,
It's not just for the whining. There's little gain for the system to give negative feedback that way. The decision to change it actually stems from simple questions (like ESL ones) getting such treatment, as the majority are more interested in discussions of a more "deep" nature.

Changes of this nature were always planned, and this cosmetic fix is so that the changes can be put off for a while.
RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:33 pm
@dagmaraka,
Quote:
this thread was started by cjhsa, not by you.
the others, well, votes change all the time. nobody "reversed" anything for you. the world revolves around the sun, not around RexRed.

75 negative votes that have been there for days just vanished. And, the world revolves around it's axis... Smile

I feel better anyway so I hope my own vile of poison has not left any one bitter. If so, I am sorry.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:33 pm
@Ticomaya,
so....

twice?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:35 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
RR, I can count the number of times Set has been civil to me on one finger.

That's right ... the middle one.

You're absolved. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:40 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Quote:
It's not just for the whining. There's little gain for the system to give negative feedback that way. The decision to change it actually stems from simple questions (like ESL ones) getting such treatment, as the majority are more interested in discussions of a more "deep" nature.

Changes of this nature were always planned, and this cosmetic fix is so that the changes can be put off for a while.

Is that your rationalization? It is good for the system to treat people negatively? I don’t agree.
RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:47 pm
The only time voting down is good for the system is when someone votes you down out of spite then you have to vote every single person down to even the playing field. This is madness. I refuse to do this here. I am not that well liked but I will not attack others that I do respect, because of a few bad apples.

I know, I have media out on several sites where backstab voting occurs on a regular basis. It only alienates the general body of players.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:48 pm
@RexRed,
Where did I say that? I said that the negative numbers being so prominent are inordinately negative and a different metric (like a percentage) is inherently less negative and that we are working on more positive tweaks to the system. In the mean time, we made a simple cosmetic change that already seems to have had the desired effect.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 10:59 pm
@cjhsa,
And you remain on this site because you are also an old retarded societal leech poster.

Funny but in a sad sort of way.
RexRed

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 11:21 pm
@NickFun,
Quote:
And you remain on this site because you are also an old retarded societal leech poster.

Funny but in a sad sort of way.

Sad but true... Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 12:22 am
@Robert Gentel,
Percentage sounds like a good tweak.

Mostly, I was getting in a cheap shot at calling these guys whiners.

Mostly.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:12 am
@Robert Gentel,
Excuse me craven, the "retardation" factor is what has happened here.

Excuse me for using an extreme example to show an idiot what can happen when he prefers others to provide his basic protection, and refuses to do anything about it himself.

Oooh, that awful man is about to rape my wife. I know, I'll just vote it down!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:29 am
@cjhsa,
cjhsa wrote:

Vote me down! Vote me down! Ooh, that feels so good.

What a joke.

Huh, who'd have thought cjhsa had such a fragile ego he'd even think twice about what number appears next to his threads. I mean, Rex is always on the edge of a nervous breakdown, but isnt cjhsa supposed to be the tough guy who doesnt give a f*ck?

Oh yeah, he's a tough guy who so much doesnt give a f*ck, he starts a whole thread about it.

Wingnuts on the edge of a nervous breakdown ... could be a good movie. Now all we need is for Roxx, Gunga and Zippo to join the party, and we're complete Twisted Evil