What's happened to A2K?

Tarah

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:20 am
Everything's changed since I last looked on. Please tell me why and is it only temporary? If anyone answers this, I hope I'll be able to find it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 4,112 • Replies: 22

Miller

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:25 am
@Tarah,
It takes some time to get use to.

You'll be OK, once you catch on...
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 03:48 am
@Tarah,

You can find it by clicking on "My Posts"

But I expect you know that if you're reading this.

Craven said it is temporary, it is developing, and if you click on the relevant Tags (nothing to do with me, yes I know it's confusing) then you will see lots and lots of discussion about this.

McT x

0 Replies

fishin

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 04:54 am
@Tarah,
The old A2K was getting a little dusty so they sent it out to the cleaners and when they went to pick it back up this is what came back! Razz

(Hint: Don't ever do the "1 Hour" dry cleaning special!)
Tarah

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:29 am
@fishin,
Thanks everyone. I especially love your answer, fishin. Shows the spirit of A2K is as vibrant as ever.

Are we still able to ask for reply notifications to come as emails?
dadpad

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:47 am
@Tarah,
email alerts are temporarily on hold tarah, as are PMsThey will come back I am told but when is a different question.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:48 am
@Tarah,
No, that's out at the moment, but I believe will come back later.

flyboy804

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:07 am
@McTag,
Mctag, How do you get the earlier post reference at the start of your reply? I see nothing similar to the old "quote" function of the old format.
flyboy804

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 07:10 am
@flyboy804,
Wow!! Smart program. I got the reference automatically, but what if I wanted to refer to a post well up on the thread?
jespah

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 01:59 pm
@flyboy804,
Then go to the post you want to reply to and click reply (right next to the thumbs).
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 02:13 pm
@flyboy804,

Like Jespah said earlier, just click "REPLY" on the post you want to reply to.
I can't do the tricky things on this site, but I can do that.

And if you want to make a general comment, click on "REPLY TO ALL" at the beginning of the thread.
But I suppose you already did that.
Smile
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 02:15 pm
@flyboy804,

Hey! You've done it already!

Embarrassed Smile Very Happy Drunk
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 02:16 pm
@flyboy804,
flyboy804 wrote:

Mctag, How do you get the earlier post reference at the start of your reply? I see nothing similar to the old "quote" function of the old format.

If you want to have the QUOTE function active, you should go into preferences at the bottom of the page and click on the quote preference. It will then show on the posts for selection.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 02:24 pm
@flyboy804,
flyboy804 wrote:

Thanks McTag, Jespah and Intrepid. I may be slow but I'm finally getting it.
hamburger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 08:59 am
@flyboy804,
when i click on a2k and look at the tags on the left side , why are they so scrambled ?
politics may be followed by humour ... and so it goes .

i always thought having tags , index etc. in ALPHABETICAL order is something everyone who knows the alphabet can read easily .

perhaps there is some way i can sort the tags myself to get them into alphabetical order every time i go on a2k ?

it still seems to me that AT THE TIME OF LOGIN they resemble a VERY BADLY prepared omelet .

anyone care to comment ?

the line forms to the right ... or left , as you prefer . (GRIN !)

DO NOT line up in alphabetical order - causes too much confusion -
a bigger GRIN !
hbg
hamburger

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:03 am
@hamburger,
here is the first part of popular tags when i just clicked on a2k .
how i should wade through that , i don't know .
perhaps it's good for people with photographic memory ? (that excludes me !)
hbg

Quote:
Popular Tags
politics, english, humor, human interest stories, computers, relationships, original writing, science and math, news, international news, spirituality and religion, philosophy and debate, health, music, trivia and word games, languages, riddles, food and drink, movies, internet, legal, history, pets and garden, tv, able2know, sports, books, home improvement, parenting and childcare, art,

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:05 am
@hamburger,
Tags are in order of popularity, otherwise people would be mistagging stuff as aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa all the time.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:06 am
@hamburger,
they are sorted by popularity. they cannot be alphabetically ordered, because that would be a direct avenue for spammers to waltz in with aaa_penisenlargment and aab_loseweightquickly and such.... and the popular tags might not necessarilymake it on the home page then. at least that's how i understand it. i just use My tags, which are not that numerous.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 09:07 am
@flyboy804,
go to your profile and to Edit Preferences. There, you can enable the quote button.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 12:26 pm
@hamburger,
The way to browse that will change shortly to include a quick tag search above it that will filter the list as you type. There will be other navigation improvements as well, like a separate tag page to browse them all in more space and such.