GI Insurance

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 12:47 pm
Airman Spedette was assigned to the induction center, where she advised new recruits about their government benefits, especially their GI insurance. It wasn't long before Captain Smith noticed that Airman Spedette was having a staggeringly high success rate, selling insurance to nearly 100% of the recruits she advised. Rather than ask about this, the Captain stood in the back of the room and listened to Spedette's sales pitch. Spedette explained the basics of the GI insurance to the new recruits, and then said, "If you have GI insurance and go into battle and are killed, the government has to pay $200,000 to your beneficiaries. If you don't have GI insurance, and you go into battle and get killed, the government only has to pay a maximum of $6000. Now," she concluded, "which group do you think they are going to send into battle first?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 876 • Replies: 5
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 01:02 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I bet Airman Spedette is not an organ donor. Who do you think is going to be disconnected first? The organ donor, or the patient with real good hospitalization insurance?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 03:25 pm
Well, our military has been having problems with recruitment of new soldiers, and a good percentage of those who do sign up have criminal records or did not graduate from high school.

If that "life insurance" is worth as much as the benefits promised to veterans, they'd better be careful about promises made during the recruitment process.
fishin

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 03:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'm guessing you didn't notice that the thread was tagged as "humor". Wink
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 05:09 pm
@fishin,
Yup, you're right! Is that a ooops? LOL
fishin

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 05:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Heh, I have to keep remembering to look at the thread tags before I post. lol It's not like the old A2K where you could immediately see which forum something is posted in. The tags are the only clues now... Isn't change wonderful? Razz
0 Replies