Have any excuses that work for getting out of a ticket?

Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:32 pm
@Craven de Kere,
That's only with women police officers.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:46 pm
@Linkat,
Nah...not for me. I cried and it just annoyed the cop. But on my way to New Orleans with some girlfriends one time, I did talk my way out of one. Told him I was so excited about going to the concert that I was not paying attention to the speed limit. I pointed out that I was going the same speed as all the traffic around me and he said that I wasn't - I was passing everything in sight. Then I said that I was so sorry, I was glad he pointed it out to me and that I was so sad to mess up my good driving record since I had worked so hard to keep it clean. He told me to have fun at the concert and slow it down - I left without a ticket.
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 03:32 pm
@mismi,
whenever i get stopped i have a bad habit of talking down or being a smart ass.

i just dont break the law though, easiest way to get out of a ticket Razz

well i got a jaywalking ticket once, but it didnt go thru the system.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 05:55 pm
Oh my, I've gotten so many tickets and would have gotten so many more if it
weren't for sympathetic, friendly officers.

One time I was going around 90 mph when the cops finally caught up with me
Cop: You know why I stopped you?
Me: uuh uuhh, not really...
Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?
Me: No! I tried to keep up with traffic, sir!
Cop: *laughing* I think it was the other way around. Traffic tried to keep
up with you *laughing again*
Me: *very apologetic* I am sorry, I did not intend to do that...
Cop: Okay, if you promise to drive safely from now on, I'll let it go with a warning.
Me: Oh you're so nice, and I promise: no more speeding!!
-----

Another time I got stopped for speeding and not wearing my seat belt
(plus I had 2 glasses of wine). When the cop looked at my driver license
he notices my German name and proceeded to tell me about his German
grandmother and how much he liked her and her potato dumplings and
pretty soon we were talking about "The Germans" in general and I got off
with a warning too.

Then...oh gosh, too many to name Embarrassed
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 06:13 pm
@Linkat,
Admit to violation, politely ask officer if he/she minds if you contest ticket for deferment due to long term insurance repercussion. Sometimes they don't wriite the ticket, due to politeness of driver, or, to avoid having to show up in court.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 03:32 am
Military ID :-D

I have also told them that I was just put on alert and had to get all of my gear (which I usually always keep in my back seat, well most of it) to my unit in like 45 minutes. Of course the place I was going was always at least an hour away.

Coolest thing ever happened to me though was because I was speeding. I was stationed at this place called Raven Rock Mountain Complex. I was doing Military Police work and when ever there was an in bound or out bound chooper coming, there HAD to be a certain amount of secruity there. I was on call and got the call that I had to be there in 2o minutes. I was at least 50 minutes away at the time of the call. So I floored it and was doing like 90 in a 65 zone. Got pulled over, explained the situation, had my BDU's hanging up in the back of the car, and the cop was like "Well just stay close behind me I will let you follow me and will call up and pass you off to the next guy on the road." Yea, I was rolling like 110 on the highway LEGALLY Smile
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 08:09 am
One of my road crew... probably 1981-ish, was driving the band (except for me, I was riding with a young lady) in a bad storm back to the hotel Everyones was fried. Now this guy has a scar running from eyebrow into scalp...he's a scrapper so..... he gets out of the car and falls into the troopers arms... tells him he's a vietnam vet with a plate in his head and lightning storms effect his equilibrium.... and the trooper lets him go.

If that was me I'd still be in jail 17 27 years later.

I got my one and only dui in 1982 and because of the circumstances and the fact that I blew 3.2 at the emergency roon AND had cocaine and methaquaalone in my system lost my license for 2 years instead of one. I've never had a ticket since.

When Thomas was visiting us a couple of years ago he remarked about me driving like a pussy because I obeyed the laws. No tickets though.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:08 pm
@Craven de Kere,
Craven de Kere wrote:
If they need the ticket for their quotas you don't get warnings.
What quotas?
trying2learn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:55 pm
@trying2learn,
thank you for giving me a thumbs down because he/she doesn't know anything about quotas Laughing
0 Replies