39
   

Homosexuality- a christian perspective on 'love.'

 
 
Buttermilk
 
  2  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:35 pm
Let me take the time out to say I'm agnostic-theist (I'm quickly leaning towards agnostic-deism cause I think God doesn't care about human affairs, the only thing stopping me is the idea of miracles), and I firmly believe in question form, why would a deity who infinitely creating and re-creating the universe and all within it, care about the sexual orientation of beings created from star dust?

Let's wrap our minds around this for a moment.....

Imagine taking a rocket ship to the moon, and in looking back, the distance from earth gets smaller and smallers until it becomes a blue dot in space and it like the stars in the heavens becomes a light. If this is the perspective God views of creatures in all the entire universe, why would God care about the souls of two minute organic entities who sincerely happy? Serioulsly, homosexuality is not a population issue and with 7 billion in the planet, we could stand to not populate.

I cannot, do not, will not, understand today how homosexuality and abortion are so pivotal to God yet racism, sexism, homophobia is not. We live in a world where human beings, men and women are killed for an orientation. Serioulsy, you Christians are really defending a god who created an infinitely expanding universe, yet such a god takes time out to see if two guys are having anal sex...Really?
Buttermilk
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:38 pm
@contrex,
This was EPIC....
contrex
 
  0  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 01:52 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

This was EPIC....

I wonder how many upvotes it will take to make me feel guilty about not mentioning that I copied it from The Onion?
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 02:06 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

So again, the love of god is conditional.


The god of the Bible is absurd, Buttermilk.

But that is something else for a different discussion.

As far as what the god of the Bible says about homosexuality...

...there is no ambiguity except what people who realize the absurdity of the god want to create.

I was agreeing with what WT said about the text.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 02:08 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Jesus himself NEVER SAID A SINGLE WORD about gays/ lesbians/ trannies..Smile

Nobody has a beef with nice friendly gays, it's only the nasty loud militant sort they don't like, the sort who surrounded Lot's house in Sodom, hammering on the door demanding he send his two male guests out so they could have them.
Bad call..Wink

Sodom getting it-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sodom-gomorrah_zps70dc427c.jpg~original






I've often erroneously argued that. But actually, yes he did.


"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you; UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, not the smallest letter of the law, not the smallest part of a letter shall be done away with until it all comes true." Matthew 5:17ff
0 Replies
 
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 02:13 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk,

I know that you cannot understand why God cares so much about intimate relations with homosexuals--keep in mind it is not just with homosexuals it is with heterosexuals as well. One of the 10 commandments is to not commit adultery. God is a loving God but expects us to follow His laws.

God gives us a life and then it is up to us what we do with it. One can do whatever one so well chooses to do while one is here on the earth; however, when life is over, that individual will be judged according to God's word. We can scream and shout and curse and revile, lambast, etc. but ultimately if we choose not to obey GOD's word we will pay an eternal price. That is just the way it is.

We can lie to ourselves and say that there is no hell, but the reality could be different than what we think. God emphatically states that those who participate in homosexuality, adultery, fornication, etc. will be judged and sent to hell. This is a pretty harsh judgment--I would think that one would be wise to acknowledge the word of GOD and live eternally than to disregard His laws and then pay eternally for it.
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 02:42 pm
@worldtraveler24,
worldtraveler24 wrote:

Buttermilk,

I know that you cannot understand why God cares so much about intimate relations with homosexuals--keep in mind it is not just with homosexuals it is with heterosexuals as well. One of the 10 commandments is to not commit adultery. God is a loving God but expects us to follow His laws.

God gives us a life and then it is up to us what we do with it. One can do whatever one so well chooses to do while one is here on the earth; however, when life is over, that individual will be judged according to God's word. We can scream and shout and curse and revile, lambast, etc. but ultimately if we choose not to obey GOD's word we will pay an eternal price. That is just the way it is.

We can lie to ourselves and say that there is no hell, but the reality could be different than what we think. God emphatically states that those who participate in homosexuality, adultery, fornication, etc. will be judged and sent to hell. This is a pretty harsh judgment--I would think that one would be wise to acknowledge the word of GOD and live eternally than to disregard His laws and then pay eternally for it.


If you think this absurd mythology is an accurate description of the GOD who made the 200+ billions of stars in our galaxy...and the 100+ billions of other galaxies of which we know...and spread them out over space so vast that light takes billions of years to traverse it...

...why would you possibly "love" this god?

Can you be truthful, WT?

No sane person could love a god who has that much power...and yet concerns itself with "punishing" imperfect beings because of what they do with their sex organs.

At least be honest about this.

It is not love you have for this monster you (incredibly) think exists...but all-consuming fear and dread instead.

Right?

Be honest now, WT. Be honest.
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  2  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:27 pm
Quote:
Contrex said: I've got nothing against homosexuals.. But when they start sucking my cock, I've got a real problem.

Well keep your flies zipped and don't walk round with it hanging out, it's not rocket science..Smile
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:37 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: Jesus himself NEVER SAID A SINGLE WORD about gays/ lesbians/ trannies.
Frank Apisa said: I've often erroneously argued that. But actually, yes he did-
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you; UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, not the smallest letter of the law, not the smallest part of a letter shall be done away with until it all comes true." Matthew 5:17ff

Jesus DID trash the harshness of the Old T mate, and people soon cottoned on..Smile
Jesus said "It was said 'eye for eye,tooth for tooth' but I say turn the other cheek" (Matt 5:38/39)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"Through Jesus we are saved,and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)
"We serve in the new way of the spirit,not in the old way of the written code" (Rom 7:6)
"The law was given by Moses,but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)
Romeo Fabulini
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 09:43 pm
Quote:
Frank Apisa said: It is not love you have for this monster [God] you (incredibly) think exists...but all-consuming fear and dread instead.

I don't know a single Christian who fears and dreads God, why on earth should they?..Wink
Wilso
 
  1  
Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2014 11:11 pm
“The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom.” (Psalm 111:10)

“Let us continue to have undeserved kindness, through which we may acceptably render God sacred service with godly fear and awe.” (Hebrews 12:28)

“Fear God and give him glory.”—Revelation 14:6, 7

Christians don't even believe their own pathetic bullshit. They can't keep their stories straight for 5 minutes.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:52 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said: Jesus himself NEVER SAID A SINGLE WORD about gays/ lesbians/ trannies.
Frank Apisa said: I've often erroneously argued that. But actually, yes he did-
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law and the prophets. I have come, not to abolish them, but to fulfill them. Of this much I assure you; UNTIL HEAVEN AND EARTH PASS AWAY, not the smallest letter of the law, not the smallest part of a letter shall be done away with until it all comes true." Matthew 5:17ff

Jesus DID trash the harshness of the Old T mate, and people soon cottoned on..Smile
Jesus said "It was said 'eye for eye,tooth for tooth' but I say turn the other cheek" (Matt 5:38/39)
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"Through Jesus we are saved,and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)
"We serve in the new way of the spirit,not in the old way of the written code" (Rom 7:6)
"The law was given by Moses,but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)



If you are saying that Jesus was a hypocrite or a liar...and said contradictory things at different times...you are free to do so.

I am saying that he is quoted as saying he was not here to change the LAW...and the passage I cited is part of the law.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:54 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Frank Apisa said: It is not love you have for this monster [God] you (incredibly) think exists...but all-consuming fear and dread instead.

I don't know a single Christian who fears and dreads God, why on earth should they?..Wink


Chances are, Romeo...EVERY proclaimed Christian you know fears and dreads that god of the Bible.

And the reason they should...is because the god is as loathsome as was Saddam Hussein...although to be fair to Saddam, I should use "is more loathsome."
Buttermilk
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:22 am
@Frank Apisa,
Romeo isn't a real Christian
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 07:36 am
@Buttermilk,
The only way anyone can be a true Christian is to follow Jesus Christ as He instructed us to do. He said, "Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me." In so doing we sacrifice the pleasures of this flesh in order to do His will.

The cross represents death--to us it represents a death to our carnal fleshly person. We must allow Jesus to live in us through His Spirit, thus we can live above sin and be pure as He wants every person to be. This means when we have immoral sexual urges we are to deny our flesh. Don't give in. After you resist these urges time and time again then your spirit starts to become stronger than your flesh and then you see things differently than you did before. You no longer want to commit sin and offend GOD.

We are spirit beings having a physical experience: Remember, our spirit will live on forever but our flesh will go back to the dust of the earth after we die.

We must be pure so when we die we will have communion with GOD forever!
Buttermilk
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 08:12 am
@worldtraveler24,
Have you seen the racist stuff Romeo posts? No true christian is a racist
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 08:39 am
@Buttermilk,
I haven't my dear, but I am sure he just doesn't understand what he is doing. I agree with you that Christians are not racists. God made us all!

"Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world."

God is Love and He tries His best to reach us but so many just don't want to hear HIM. They think His word is grievous and they revile Him and say all kinds of ugly things about Him; yet He loves them so much. If they only knew how much He loves them they would never be lonely again; they would never feel abandoned again; they would always feel that pure love in their hearts!

He is only a prayer away. Talk to Him and He will answer [email protected]
Buttermilk
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 08:43 am
@worldtraveler24,
Oh save that he doesn't know what he writing stuff!
worldtraveler24
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 09:21 am
@Buttermilk,
just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt!
0 Replies
 
Romeo Fabulini
 
  0  
Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2014 09:43 am
Quote:
Wilso said: “Fear God and give him glory.”—Revelation 14:6, 7
Christians don't even believe their own pathetic bullshit. They can't keep their stories straight for 5 minutes.
Frank Apisa said: Chances are, Romeo...EVERY proclaimed Christian you know fears and dreads that god of the Bible"

Guys, guys, sloppy troops feared Storming Norman Schwarzkopf because of his temper, but no decent competent soldier feared him..Smile
Same with God, he said he's going to sling murderers, thieves, con men, liars, atheists, perverts, agnostics, nonchristians, corrupt poiticians and fat cat bankers etc into hell, so it's only THEY who need to fear him!
Like I've said before, CHRISTIANS DIE LAUGHING..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/man_grin2_zpsc05015ab.jpg~original
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/19/2021 at 09:14:10