Homosexuality- a christian perspective on 'love.'

kristihendricks

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 10:48 am
@tenderfoot,
What in the world is your basis for saying that the Bible isn't true and historically accurate?
izzythepush

Reply Tue 3 May, 2016 12:37 pm
@kristihendricks,
kristihendricks wrote:

What in the world is your basis for saying that the Bible isn't true and historically accurate?

An education.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 01:02 am
@kristihendricks,
i stated it in the comment itself
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 01:04 am
@kristihendricks,
construct pyramids? are you saying the bible was written by egypcians?!!
and what about the coral?
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Mon 16 May, 2016 01:06 am
@kristihendricks,
what in the world is yours for saying it is?
0 Replies

kency123

Reply Tue 17 May, 2016 03:33 am
@Josie Foles,
If you follow the OT line on gays you should be washing your couch if a menstruating woman sits on it. Please PLEASE will a non-fundamentalist Christian explain how you can be Christian and pick and choose what rules you want to follow. If Jesus made lots of the laws obsolete why haven't you re-written the book?
CVeigh

Reply Mon 15 Aug, 2016 09:31 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
You imply there is no sort of love that is wrong. So sounds like if you call it love it is. I love my dog but were I to 'Love' in certain ways I am wrong.

Okay a man feels love for another man. But lust? that is perversity. Sorry, you will admit it if I go far enough.

The Bible says twice "many are the ways that seem right to a man and lead only to death" -- and I'm sure your thinking is right there.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 16 Aug, 2016 11:21 am
@kency123,
Quote:
Please PLEASE will a non-fundamentalist Christian explain how you can be Christian and pick and choose what rules you want to follow. If Jesus made lots of the laws obsolete why haven't you re-written the book?

Perhaps it is to illustrate how absurd it is to think that a man could be righteous by following a bunch of rules. JC himself said as much. And he gave the only 'rules' you need to be aware of. And those would be written in the hearts of those who follow him. The 'rules' are no longer even needed.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 05:00 am
@kristihendricks,
men and women been designed to have sex together doesn´t inhibit men and women are designed to have sex with other people of the same gender... the fact is that, if your God exists, he created men and women capable of enjoy sex with both gender partners... he created men and women capable of fall in love with both gender individuals and capable of many satisfactory sexual practices not related to reproduction needs at all... so, if God created men and women that way, why are you judging his creation as wrong?
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 05:25 am
@kristihendricks,
cause it is clearly detailed in its pages how Lot´s wife turned into a sculpture of stone when she looked back to the city being destroyed behind (i was told once people were still trying to find its whereabouts).
Because it´s throughly explained how a man separated the waters of the Red Sea
Because it´s narrated how the earth was flooded and the humanity exterminated but one man and his family whose descendant repopulated the world....
Because it´s described in its verses how JC was nailed to the cross through his hands although it was always done through the wrists, being the bones and flesh of a hand to weak to support the weight of the body.
because it affirms the resurrection of Jesus on the third day when his divinity was decided about in the First Council of Nicaea 325 years after his birth (that means 292 years after his death....
It´s not reliable nor historically accurate at all... more so, we know some of the above listed facts because they are sooooo much more reliable and historically accurate record documents that were written at that time
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2016 12:54 pm
We all like the nice decent friendly sort of gays, but the Sodom/Gomorrah gays were the nasty sort, hammering on peoples doors demanding their men be sent out so they could have them, so God zapped the places.
0 Replies

CVeigh

Reply Sat 3 Sep, 2016 05:09 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Jesus affirmed the married love of a man and woman and CONDEMNED the physically identical adultery of that same man and woman should one or both be already married. Homosexuality is perverted but even if you reject that , , promiscuity is utterly condemned from Genesis on. Correct? So show me the gay without promiscuity before we talk further.

Promiscuity
28% of homosexual men had more than 1000 partners: "Bell and Weinberg reported evidence of widespread sexual compulsion among homosexual men. 83% of the homosexual men surveyed estimated they had had sex with 50 or more partners in their lifetime, 43% estimated they had sex with 500 or more partners; 28% with 1,000 or more partners. Bell and Weinberg p 308." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)

79% of homosexual men say over half of sex partners are strangers: "The survey showed 79% of the respondents saying that over half of their sexual partners were strangers. Seventy percent said that over half of their sexual partners were people with whom they had sex only once. Bell and Weinberg pp.308-309." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
Modal range for homosexual sex partners 101-500: "In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that "the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101–500." In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than 1000 lifetime sexual partners. Paul Van de Ven et al., "A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile of Older Homosexually Active Men," Journal of Sex Research 34 (1997): 354." (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)

1978 study, 78% of gay men ad more than 100 partners, 28% more than 1000: "A far-ranging study of homosexual men published in 1978 revealed that 75 percent of self-identified, white, gay men admitted to having sex with more than 100 different males in their lifetime: 15 percent claimed 100-249 sex partners; 17 percent claimed 250-499; 15 percent claimed 500-999; and 28 percent claimed more than 1,000 lifetime male sex partners. By 1984, after the AIDS epidemic had taken hold, homosexual men were reportedly curtailing promiscuity, but not by much. Instead of more than 6 partners per month in 1982, the average non-monogamous respondent in San Francisco reported having about 4 partners per month in 1984." (catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html)

There is an extremely low rate of sexual fidelity among homosexual men as compared to married heterosexuals. Among married females 85% reported sexual fidelity. Among married men, 75.5% reported sexual fidelity. Among homosexual males in their current relationship, 4.5% reported sexual fidelity. (Sources:Laumann, The Social Organization of Sexuality, 216; McWhirter and Mattison, The Male Couple: How Relationships Develop (1984): 252-253; Wiederman, "Extramarital Sex," 170.

momoends

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 01:13 am
@hingehead,
ouch!!! tattoos...check! sleeping with a..... check!........ im done, man! HAHAHAHAHAHA
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 01:17 am
@CVeigh,
What about homosexual women? you don´t mention us anywhere
0 Replies

High Strangeness

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 07:38 am
Jesus never said a word about GLBT's one way or another, not a single word!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2016 04:33 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/8a/e0/8d/8ae08dacf7010e666a8495b3cd0ab59b.jpg
0 Replies

glenmedved

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2016 10:11 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
Sodomy? A sin? Sure.

I'm Orthodox, so you know. I have an icon in my room with an angel leaning on my shelf. I took a close look at it, and found it as a man with something to do with what you're talking about. That's all I can say, okay?
0 Replies

AskTheWolfie

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:08 pm
@shewolfnm,
OMG.. I fell off my chair laughing. Good one Bear! *snort*
0 Replies

AskTheWolfie

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 12:17 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
As a Christian and a gay man, I always find this topic amusing. The only person I have to answer to is the Lord when I meet him. I have met him in a dream and was told that his gift to humanity was love and life eternal. LOVE and life eternal without equivocation. You can argue all you want about the words that men eons dead wrote with their interpretations of the Lord's words.. but that which comes from man is as flawed as man. If you don't think that translations can be changed, books left out, or words changed to suit the needs of religion you are delusional.

Look to the spirit in which in was written, not the literal word... and maybe you'll understand what information it is trying to impart. I have to shake my head at the "pious" people that pompously sit there and pass judgment in complete disregard to the most basic concept of judge not lest thee be judged.

I'll continue to read on in amused silence... but it's just that.. amused.

auroreII

Reply Thu 19 Jan, 2017 05:59 pm
@kency123,
Please PLEASE will a non-fundamentalist Christian explain how you can be Christian and pick and choose what rules you want to follow. If Jesus made lots of the laws obsolete why haven't you re-written the book?

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/120821-11

Jesus made all of the laws obsolete and he made none of the laws obsolete. What he did was pay the price for the law by offering his life in exchange for our own so we could have forgiveness for our sins -for being less than perfect. Then he left us with two commandments-that we love God and that we love our neighbour (others) as we love ourselves.