Cosmetic surgery for panda eyes?

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 03:36 am
A mis-spent youth of late nights & dabbling with assorted substances has left me with dark smudges under my eyes, probably from rubbing them too much when tired. Does anyone know of a way these can be treated to lighten the colour? The thought of surgery doesn;t thrill me at all, but I'm starting to get a complex about it, as it makes me look like an Albanian refugee herion addict. Thanks for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,162 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:27 am
The only nonsurgical treatment I can think of is makeup (sorry, I know you won't like this). Hmm I wonder if you could get tattoos?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:32 am
Someone told me that there is a procedure where they open up the skin & suck out the blood (as it is permanent bruising I think). That sounds very bad. I'll see my sister for some concealer tips! How would the tattoo thing work?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:36 am
Helfino (I don't have any tattoos, I'm really not sure it could be done). Hmmm. I think either way you get a needle close to your eye (either, like you said, for them to suck out the blood from your collapsed capillaries or to give you twin tattoos).

Suddenly Maybelline looks like a very attractive option.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:01 am
I have those quite naturally - brownish ones! If I am tired, or unwell, or stressed, I look like I have black eyes!

Being very healthy helps me - as do things that ar egood for my liver - you know vitamins from the B group - especially B1 - fruit, fresh veg - no alcohol - exercise - crap like that!

Acupuncture helps me, too.

Some eye-moisturizer products claim to lessen them - and there are special products just for that.

Otherwise, there are special concealing make-ups - which can look fairly natural. Easier for gels, I know!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:14 am
I've heard that those are more related to a chronic lack of sleep and/or mild allergic reactions than youthful dissipation. I saw a TV show this weekend (don't ask why I was watching) that said the accepted concealer technique is one shade lighter than your foundation color (teehee), applied to cover & blended well.

http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20001212.html

Quote:
... As you tack on the years, the skin covering your eyelids thins out, which may cause the blood vessels to become more apparent, giving your lower eyelids a darker appearance. It's also possible that thin eyelids can be inherited. Dark eyelids can also be caused from swelling in your lower eyelids. When you're lying down, gravity causes fluid to collect in your lower eyelids, which may create shadows below your eyes.

We went back to the search results and clicked on Dr. Weil's web site. The good doctor agreed with the Mayo Clinic's diagnosis, claiming that in most cases the condition is a result of aging or inheritance, and does not indicate illness or toxicity in the body. He also provides two simple Ayurvedic remedies that can help eliminate the hollow look.

Gently massage saffron or almond oil on the dark area before going to bed.

Dip cotton pads in fig juice, rosewater, or cold milk. Lie down with your feet raised higher than your head, then place the wet pads on your closed eyes. Stay that way for 10 minutes.

Whether you've inherited the dark circles under your eyes or are just suffering from fatigue, there are ways to conceal the problem. Head to Learn2.com to read more about hiding the circles with makeup.

And here's a reference as to why they may be related to an allergic condition:

http://allergies.about.com/cs/darkcircles/
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:50 am
It was the pills n' powders which caused the chronic lack of sleep and constant rubbing - rather like people with hay-fever allergies. I've looked back at photos of myself as a kid and they are evident then, although not nearly as dark. What is annoying is that I actually have fewer wrinkles and tauter skin than many people my age. I'm quitting the coffin-nails ASAP and drinking more water anyway. I'll try the various vitamin creams (but I'll have to draw the line at concealer!). Thanks for your advice everyone. I'll let you know if I see any improvement over the coming months.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 11:05 am
Try cucumber slices. They are known to help in these cases.

Cut two slices - close yr eyes and keep them on yr eyes. Relax for 15 minutes - repeat everyday till desired results are obtained.

You can also use the slices in yr sandwiches - healthy eating as well !! Laughing
0 Replies