God's plan to make demoKKKrats look stupid...

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:18 am
Anybody besides me been outside on the East coast this morning??

I mean the thing about it beingearly August and low eighties?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 636 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:53 am
I think it was something arranged by the Republicans :wink:
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:19 pm
Re: God's plan to make demoKKKrats look stupid...
gungasnake wrote:

Another child left behind.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 06:32 am
Like hot weather? Consider moving towards the equator. Last night, tenth of August, was cool like you normally only ever see after the hot weather breaks for the year in October.

It's unlikely that anybody over thirty in the US will live long enough to see another hot summer.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:16 am
I've been saying for several weeks now that this has to be the most beautiful summer I've experienced in my 23 years in NC. July, other than a few days, felt like early May or late September.

We are in the 60's overnight in early August???? What happened to 87, hot and muggy at midnight?

Not that I agree with Gungas premise, but it has been an unusual summer.

I've heard the argument that just because it's cooler some places doesn't mean we aren't in "global warming." The heat pattern has just shifted, etc.

The polar bears are still drowning.

I guess God just doesn't like polar bears any more.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:18 am
huh?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:27 am
In the mid atlantic region so far, we've had about two and a half or three weeks worth of hot days this year so far and even on those days it takes four hours to get hot and it doesn't STAY hot after about 7 PM.

This is hugely different from every other summer I've ever seen in the region for the last 60 years or thereabouts. This is a major change.

Pictures of the sun over the last week show no sunspots at all and not even the kinds of small flares you'd expect to see around the edges.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:32 am
The good news for de-MoKKKer-Rats, if there is any: you're not alone. This isn't the first time that God has ever determined to make idiots look stupid:

Quote:

And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:07 am
God, about five thousand years ago or so, wrote:
And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.
And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

So Republicans were known as "morter" back in those days. Who knew?
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:47 am
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/images/2008/08/10/bushcameronspencergetty.jpg
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:49 am
This is what we have now and what were you saying about the Democrats?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:33 am
Re: God's plan to make demoKKKrats look stupid...
gungasnake wrote:

Well, if we're presenting anecdotal evidence:

Heat hits officially hot high at 107
Quote:
11:02 PM CDT on Sunday, August 3, 2008

Texans were sweltering through another day of record-breaking heat on Sunday.

"It is going to be a scorcher out there," said WFAA-TV meteorologist Nancy Snell. "Our heat index values [will be] close to 110."

0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:47 am
A scorcher in Texas, eh?

Just as God planned. That'll teach 'em for sending Bush to DC and practically destroying the planet.

Vengence is Mine sayeth the Lord.

(God is good and all is well with the world. )
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 03:42 pm
gungasnake wrote:

The temperature goes up. The temperature goes down. Now every time it goes one way or the other someone tries to take credit for it.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 03:47 pm
Better trust
DOG
than GOD
0 Replies