Remembering Noddy24, Always

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:34 am
@edgarblythe,
And now your world is different. Hope you find it better.

Oh Brave New World, as Noddy would say. Smile
Eva

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 12:33 pm
@jespah,
It still feels very unreal to me. I suspect it will feel that way for some time to come. I know I will read threads and instinctively think, "WWNS?" (What Would Noddy Say?...In fact, I may make that my new sigline.)

I find myself wondering about Mr. Noddy now. How is he doing? Who will care for him now?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 01:46 pm
@Eva,
Me too, Eva.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:34 pm
I don't A2k often. I did, however, exchange an email with Jill every day for the last seven years. We talked of everything..books, Mr. Noddy, my husband, the big changes in both our lives. She called me when I had knee surgery. She sent me a lovely book as a wedding present. I made her a necklace, which she said she wore proudly. I was stunned when the emails stopped, and sent inquiries. I visited A2k several times, but couldn't find anything about her. I guess I didn't know where to look. So it was just a few minutes ago that I found out she was dead. What a magnificent person she was. She ended each of her emails with Hold Your Dominion, as she did her posts. What will happen to Mr. Noddy and Iffy now? I will miss my dear friend so greatly. Her emails were like beacons in my life.
sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:39 pm
@mags314772,
Every day... my goodness.

I'm so sorry that you learned so suddenly, mags. I don't think she expected this hospital visit to be a big deal... she had been in and out of the hospital a bit before that, and it had helped her a lot.

I'm hoping her son, omacneil, will stop in with an update at some point -- I think about Mr. Noddy and Iffy too. But I'm assuming he has a lot on his plate. And I appreciate the time he took to keep us appraised of the situation.
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:51 pm
@jespah,
I'm still clumsy navigating, but it's getting better.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:52 pm
@sozobe,
Sozobe...I'm sorry you had to be the one to break it to me. I am crying as I write this, so it's hard to type. Such a rare friend. I never met her, yet she was a close friend. She always commiserated with all my heart difficulties. Hard to imagien that's what took her down, finally. I knew about the cancer, her fragile bones and the chron's, but not about the heart. I knew she was getting very thin and was worried about that. Oh God I will miss her
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:58 pm
@sozobe,
Sozobe wrote:
I think there was some special connection with the moms of young kids, too,

... and she forcefully defended them against every hint of male chauvinism, real or perceived. When we met in New York, I made a flippant remark at some point about how I hated ironing, and how I really needed to find a girlfriend to get rid of this chore. She didn't hear, or chose to ignore, my irony, and got on my case with a vengance. Blatham later lamented dramatically. : "She's anti-men".

But she was not. And there was something in her delivery, even as she informed me in no uncertain terms that I'd better keep ironing my own shirts, that never left a doubt that she wasn't really holding a grudge, and that made it impossible for me to be annoyed with her. I wish I remembered the exact wording of our dialogue, because it seemed so characteristic of her. But I don't.

If by any chance I should treat my yet-to-be-found girlfriend decently, she'll have to thank Noddy for it. Smile
mismi

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:02 pm
@Thomas,
Noddy was very encouraging when it came to children and moms....

Quote:
Remember, children practice on Mothers whom they love and trust.

This is very hard on Mothers, but children thrive.

Quote:
Mismi--

A little embarrassment is part of family living. Always has been. Always will be.

So sorry Mags...she was a wonderful friend to so many.

0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 05:07 pm
Unfortunately -- and I didn't realize it when I added the special title -- we're going to be without titles here.

But you all know she was a Moderator, and a friend, and has crossed over. That's more than any title can ever say.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:18 am
Thank you for the days...

I am buying sunflowers for Jill today.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 02:18 pm
Memorial service will be September 20th, in Pennsylvania. I have details but would rather not just put them out on the 'net. But I can be reached via the Help Desk; you can just report this post.

D__ also sent a note out to Noddy's address book today, so if you get his note, please don't bin it.

Furthermore I have information on where a donation can be sent in lieu of flowers, if anyone is interested. Again, I can be contacted via the Help Desk and would be happy to pass along the info.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 05:09 pm
@jespah,
Thanks Jes. Since we don't have update emails anymore to tell folks when new posts are on their watched threads, I hope the word gets out to everyone. I crossposted a link to your post in the threads I thought people might have bookmarked in their browser favorites.
jespah

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2008 08:09 am
@Butrflynet,
Thanks; getting back to people this way is not as easy as I was hoping. Actually, sending a ticket to the Help Desk (versus reporting my post, above), will be easier as then I can communicate directly. I'll send a note to the person who reported my post as I have her email; BFN if I have an email for you I'll send the info to you as well. I wish this was not quite so roundabout right now but what can ya do? Thanks for your patience and kindness.

Edit: BFN, I don't have an address for you. When you get a chance, please click "Contact Us" and send a ticket that way. Include your email and I'll put it in my book and of course forward you the note. Sorry this isn't as simple as I'd like. Growing pains!
Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 04:06 am
@jespah,
Thanks jespah for your work in remembering Noddy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:05 am
Still reading, if not posting. Going through my own old threads, I was surprised at how many times she posted so encouragingly. She always made me feel like the special one of the moment.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2008 05:27 pm
@jespah,
Ahh, this is why people are sending in those weird reports. To contact jespah at the helpdesk without sending a report just use the contact us link at the bottom of every page.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 12:12 am
I was looking at Noddy's profile page, and noticed her last post on able2know says.

Noddy24 wrote:

I'm very tired of being tired.

Sleep well Noddy. Crying or Very sad

ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 12:23 am
@Robert Gentel,
I just gave her a 2 on some old thread about architecture when I posted myself. She often commented on those threads.
Strange feeling.
Yes, sleep well Noddy.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:28 am
I'm missing Noddy Sad