Remembering Noddy24, Always

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 03:57 am
Oh - OG - did you know that Iffy, her dog, is a red-nosed pit bull? I swear this is true. I do not have any photos of Iffy, though. I'll see if I can get one from D__, when I think a lil time has passed.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:29 am
Oh no....I just saw this having been on vacation for the last week and...I can't believe it.

Noddy was the grandmother we never had. The mother we always wanted. The friend we wished we'd keep forever.

She was wise. Her nearly famous catch phrase did, somehow, make a difference to me several times.

But as several have said, she was tired and it was her time to rest.

Blessed Be, Noddy.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:29 am
I see Noddy as a sister. So many times in the last days I've thought, "wonder what Noddy would say".
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:58 am
Remembering Noddy
Quote:
So many times in the last days I've thought, "wonder what Noddy would say".

Me too.
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:59 am
FreeDuck wrote:
I am not quite over her yet. I dont know how long it should take. I realize that it is mostly selfish -- Im sad because I wanted her to stay and keep bringing her wisdom and wittiness to my problems. Im sad for myself being deprived of her virtual company. I know she was tired. And it looks like she was prepared for the outcome. I wish I could say that I was.

Yes. All of that. Thanks for speaking my thoughts so well, FreeDuck.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 10:48 am
Remembering Noddy
Freeduck - there's no "should" about the time for mourning. As the weeks go by you will feel the hurt and loss less sharply, though no less deeply - just differently. Some part of you will always mourn Noddy and all the others you may have lost.

On the other hand, some part of you will always be thankful for their release from pain, whether pain of body or pain of mind.

And you will always be grateful for what they gave.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 10:53 am
jespah wrote:
Oh - OG - did you know that Iffy, her dog, is a red-nosed pit bull? I swear this is true. I do not have any photos of Iffy, though. I'll see if I can get one from D__, when I think a lil time has passed.

hahaha. wow.

no joke?

even after shes gone, she touches my heart again...
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:25 pm
I have just read the posts and am moved to tears.

Merry meet, merry part and Merry meet again dear wonderful sister, who has been 'Maid, Mother and Crone all aspects of the triple goddess, that is why she was so wise.

Blessings X
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:17 pm
When I logging in and glanced around I had no idea my heart would be hit with such heavy sarrow.

Over the past few years certain people, certain caring words, certain unexplained acts of kindness have brought me back over and over to this place. Noddy was one that encompassed everyone of those things.

ALways giving a piece of advice that wasn't straight forward but was there to give you understanding long the way as you figured out the problem on your own.

I acutally got on tonight to send her a message and ask her some advice. I find myself in Iraq, eyes watering, wondering why I am so upset. But like you all have said many many times in this thread, there wasn't a time when Noddy spoke that she did not speak to your heart. You knew that everything she said was erenst and sincere.

I believe that when she pasted a star went with her, for she was a guiding light by which many traveled the un-certain ways of life. That path will for ever be a bit more diffecult to travel with her not here to help guide us along the way.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:21 pm
<sigh>

I really hope she had an idea of how many lives she helped and how much we all loved and needed her.

<sigh>

goddamnit
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:24 am
Oh, Nod, we miss you.

It's strange. I can hardly stand how much I miss her, and still I applaud her decision clarity.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 04:19 am
OGIONIK wrote:
jespah wrote:

hahaha. wow.

no joke?

even after shes gone, she touches my heart again...

No joke.

Miss her a lot, too. I had been thinking about how I'd be explaining the new A2K to her, was looking forward to talking to her on the phone and walking her through it. Man.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 07:48 am
boomerang wrote:

I really hope she had an idea of how many lives she helped and how much we all loved and needed her.

I know. I don't think I ever told her. Wish I could take that back.

I thought of her while folding clothes last night. I was thinking, maybe now that she's with the stars, she can see all of us who she never met. Maybe she's saying, "so that's Seed, just what I imagined" or some such.

I know we've been here before. Cav, Timber... this is harder. Probably just because I knew her longer?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 08:16 am
I think there was some special connection with the moms of young kids, too, because of all of the good advice she gave to those of us who really needed it -- although part of what I find amazing about her is that there are all kinds of special connections, all kinds of people who felt uniquely bonded to her. I think she had a real gift for that.
FreeDuck

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 08:27 am
That's a good point, soz. I remember her helping me with Little Miss Naughty Pants many times. She had a way of getting right to it.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:33 pm
I was sitting at work today and Noddy came to mind. I was thinking about how this comminuty was reeling with the loss of her.

It came to me that this place is more like a family then many people have. THere are such bonds forged here that blow my mind. Its the reason people keep coming back.

I do not believe for one second that people come here and stay because the information that is on this site. I believe it is because of people like Noddy. For the transactions that people had with her. For the connection that they get. She was like the corner stone of a skyscraper in my eyes. So much rested on her shoulders, yet she never once folded under the pressure and weight of it all.

With all people in your life that pass, you wish you could have spent more time with them, said maybe one more thing to them, or just have them sitting with you saying maybe nothing at all, just for one more moment. I think that want is what makes all the past memories just that much more memoriable. You wont have any more moments, so you have to hold on to those that you have just that much closer so they dont slip away from you.

She held her dominion like no other. I feel its far time that I step up and start doing my share of the holding, she held it for far to long.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:36 pm
Well put, Seed. Couldn't have said it better myself. (There should be an 'applause' emoticon! - Insert here.)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:11 pm
Remembeering Noddy 24
Right on, Seed. Right on.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:38 pm
Yep, seed. You nailed it. Without a2k, half of my world would cease to exist.
Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 02:48 pm
Seed- You are so right. Noddy was one very special person.
0 Replies