Internet relationship: Is it too much, too soon?

dazafc

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:12 pm
Hi All,

Any advice on what to do when a mutual friendship/web relationship, becomes.... 'love in the first degree'?

Yep.... it was asking for trouble.... a silly thing to pursue, and the other person is married! We're both adults, respect one another, including our relationships, and I believed, capable of turning down the heat, if the pot began to boil! WRONG!

Especially, as we live almost 9,000miles from one another! But, we are both affluent professionals... have the means to be together. Her marriage HAS been stagnant for the last 12 years... but, I believe that the leap between having an 'internet' lover and a 'live-in' lover is way too great for her to comprehend...

I'm afraid that she has jumped at the first prospect, although she has had lovers before, I'm scared for her in case it doesn't work out... she has too much faith in people on the 'net (that's not to say I am not genuine, truthful, and honest with my feelings, as I have been from the start!)... and people in general. I would hate to be the one to harm that belief! (Or am I trying to talk myself out of committing? I have had a web relationship twice over 6 yrs... both failed! I admit, I would hate for this to be the case again! Both were mutual... but distance did play a huge part!)

I think what I'm really asking... is how can I slow this down? Great, if it is still going strong in 6/7months... but after only 8 months... I know it's too soon. All help & advice greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

daz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 526 • Replies: 3
No top replies

solipsister

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:21 pm
Not too much too soon STOP Send your financial details STOP Urgent STOP
0 Replies

dazafc

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:44 pm
solipsister wrote:
Not too much too soon STOP Send your financial details STOP Urgent STOP

STOP! LMFAO
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:23 am
I think you should tell her to sort her current relationship/marriage out before comitting to anything else.

When she is free to do as she pleases, you will be free to open up to this relationship.
After that her failed marriage will be not your responsibility.
Relationships do fail occassionally.
Do not let that stop you from giving every one your best effort.
0 Replies