the most blatant abuse of police power ive ever seen

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:56 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't ride in Critical Masses, but I don't begrudge them; as a cyclist, it sometimes pains me that so much of our real estate is given over to wasteful and pollutive modes of transport, piloted by morons half the time, who have little respect for the safety of those who choose not to pollute the environment on their way to work every day.

Cycloptichorn

All of -anything- is done by morons half the time. ;p

Seriously, though, if you're going to go on a bike ride with the intent to break the law, and a cop pushes you off your bike, what can you say? If you drive by a cop, and don't stop, and you're breaking the law, and he pulls a PIT maneuver and you run into a tree, you've got even more cause to complain... but nobody will care.

The rider wasn't breaking the law; and the cop doesn't have the right to assualt you in order to stop you. He could have grabbed the guy, or any number of other actions; instead, he chose to do the maximum possible damage, likely because he is an as$hole.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 03:01 pm
Basing a verdict on the short youtube video seems absurd. Especially considering the cops were in the middle of the road letting other bikers go by but zeroed in on one specific rider.

The action was extreme to be sure, but I don't think anyone here knows the motivation behind the action. If you do, I'd like to hear it.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 03:02 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Basing a verdict on the short youtube video seems absurd. Especially considering the cops were in the middle of the road letting other bikers go by but zeroed in on one specific rider.

The action was extreme to be sure, but I don't think anyone here knows the motivation behind the action. If you do, I'd like to hear it.

We can only guess.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 03:02 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't ride in Critical Masses, but I don't begrudge them; as a cyclist, it sometimes pains me that so much of our real estate is given over to wasteful and pollutive modes of transport, piloted by morons half the time, who have little respect for the safety of those who choose not to pollute the environment on their way to work every day.

Cycloptichorn

Seriously, though, if you're going to go on a bike ride with the intent to break the law, and a cop pushes you off your bike, what can you say? If you drive by a cop, and don't stop, and you're breaking the law, and he pulls a PIT maneuver and you run into a tree, you've got even more cause to complain... but nobody will care.

The rider wasn't breaking the law;

We/you don't know that.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 03:04 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

We/you don't know that.

What law do you think he was breaking? And if it was a misdemanor, such as a traffic violation, how did it justify the use of deadly force? The cop could have killed him, body-checking him while riding at speed like that.

Wait a minute, I forgot - I'm addressing a troll. Never mind, I don't want to hear your answer.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 03:07 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

We/you don't know that.

And if it was a misdemanor, such as a traffic violation, how did it justify the use of deadly force? The cop could have killed him, body-checking him while riding at speed like that.

Have you been drinking again?

What deadly force?

I bet your mom made you play soccer ... Deadly force my ass!
Give me a break left eye!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:02 pm
Re: the most blatant abuse of police power ive ever seen
Ticomaya wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
... I wouldn't care much if he got what was coming to him either.
Cycloptichorn
What do you think is "coming to him"?

Still waiting for an answer to this question
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:03 pm
Re: the most blatant abuse of police power ive ever seen
mysteryman wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:
anyone who shoots a cop gets my respect.

You cant be serious about that.

You are saying its OK to commit murder as long as its a police officer being murdered?
You are a very sick individual.

indeed, i am.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:04 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It depends on your background and personal experience; in many communities, the police act little different then a legalized gang.

Hanno, what a bunch of crap. The cyclist wasn't looking for a confrontation with the cop. The guy went out of his way to assualt and potentially injure the fellow severely; no excuse.

The cop has been suspended without pay.

Cycloptichorn
\

the cop was fired. he was on the job for 3 weeks.

or so i read.

sorry guys, my political orientation is anarchy.

i hate any authority Smile
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:08 pm
you can clearly see the man on the bike try to avoid the police officer, the officer filed a thing and said he "assaulted HIM" and caused a laceration on his leg or some ****.

but seriously, i could care less about the cop or the bike.

im just not lookin forward to be ambushed for ridin my bike around...

youd think he would have to motion for a stop, or initiate a stop.

or SOMETHING.

what goods the law when the law doesnt follow itself???
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:37 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
I bet your mom made you play soccer ...

Excuse me?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:43 pm
switch it around.

a cop is riding a bike and a man body checks him into the ground.

the man that did that would be demolished. literally.tazed/shot/in jail.

yup, screw authority.
you work the system or the system works you.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:47 pm
OGIONIK
Let me know when you grow up.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 06:49 pm
That is part of his charm, He will still grow...

Shocked
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:01 pm
TTH wrote:
OGIONIK
Let me know when you grow up.

sorry. i grew up a long time ago.

you can only get screwed over by people in authority so many times before it becomes absolute insanity to believe in "it" anymore.

you dont know how much i try to believe.

but what i see, is what i believe.
and what i see, is definitely opposite of what people tell me i should believe.

sorry if yall dont like me, or what i stand for, or what i say.

i dont say something without a reason.

ill change my mind when given a reason too. so far. nada. zip. zero.

and gettin worse.

( a little example, in elementary school i i had been given 20 dollars for the book fair, i know, nerdy, my heart was so set on gettin some books.

my principal stole it from me. literally he held me down and took it out of my hands, isnt that robbery?)

maybe its just me, im not sure...
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:16 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
sorry if yall dont like me, or what i stand for, or what i say.
I never said I didn't like you. What bothers me is you take a stance based on part of a story that you don't know what all happened. Then to say cops should be shot is taking things too far.

Based on the video, it looks like excessive force, but I wasn't there to see all of the incident. That is why I am still waiting for someone to answer the question about what should be done if that is the case.

btw I found this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/27/nyregion/27parade.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Also, I have been told that these bikes gather to impede traffic on purpose. Other than that, I don't know anything about their gatherings.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:20 pm
Cops...

I don't trust 'em, and a couple of times in my life I've been treated badly and even roughed up once by them for no reason at all.

But just as soon as I am ready to write 'em all off as pigs...
one helps me out by going way out of his way to help me find some belongings, and giving me a ride home just because he knew I needed it.

ya never really know, I guess...
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:36 pm
you dont understand, not this video, real life.

my friend was shot on the strip, for having his stereo to loud.

he turned it down , at the officers request, and was shot because the officer said he was going for a gun.
of course, no gun in the car.

sorry, thats despicable. and not unusual for police officers.

maybe not everyone here sees the "other" side.

i think thats why i have such a problem with police. they have no morals.
and its not me sayin it, its them.

with their actions.

kid with broken back tasered 9 times, why?

foreign man tasered and killed, why?

black man tasered until hes dead, why?
he was on crack, oops, the autopsy said different.

i dont know what it is, but i absolutely FEAR police.

when they stop me, they ask, why so nervous and when i answer, because you could kill me and get away with it they get MAD, truth hurts.
but they never have anything on me.

and that shouldn't be. i dont even break the law, except for drugs WHICH IS AN ENTIRELY different THING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

i should love police, look at them for protection, and help.

not to be tasered for falling off a freeway and having a broken back.

actions speak louder than words.

would you rather have "peace officers"?

or "law enforcement" that only "escalate" situations?

to me, plain as day, modern police are simply evil.

its just how it is, they dont deserve my respect, i could care less if they die. not a joke or an exaggeration. when they become like that, when they agree to do, and do the things police ARE REQUIRED AND SUPPOSED TO DO. they cease to deserve respect. the thing they do are IMMORAL.

they choose to become police officers, and at that point they cease to deserve respect. they just dont do anything that i consider good for society. in fact, they DEGRADE society with their violent, ruthless and greedy actions

oh wow, busted another druggie.

have fun payin for his room and board. seriously. yeah, you. right there. readin this. your payin his rent and groceries.
I mean, have you heard that they were trying to give fbi agents utility knives with something a long the lines of "think forfeiture" on them?

thats absolute TREASON in my opinion. but maybe, its just business and i cannot accept that. that the first thing on their mind is to take your stuff.

i remember in elementary the only people who won games were those who cheated, and the teach didnt care cause he liked em.

i still dont cheat tho. sucks for me Razz
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:43 pm
I can't trust 'em either. I do believe many cops are good people. But you can't tell until it's too late. And I've seen too many people get hurt or abused by police in the fashion of the video shown.

Civilian review boards are a good start, but the police fight them every time. And why not? It means their ass when something like this happens, instead of the usual slap on the wrist.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 07:45 pm
its true, some cops are good.

im sayin that out of being a skeptic so skeptical im skeptical of skepticism.

ive yet to meet one who wasnt arrogant, or an asshat, or simply cruel.

and its funny, they all take similar personality tests.

Hrm?
0 Replies