the most blatant abuse of police power ive ever seen

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 04:21 pm
bicyclist assaulted

I have one word to say: WOW.

you see guys here in america, we dont put up with **** like that that.
I think? is this even america anymore? what is this place?

If i was the guy on the bike id be in prison because i would have immediately started swinging on that POS excuse for a public servant.

anyone who shoots a cop gets my respect.

screw tyranny.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,729 • Replies: 57
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 10:49 pm
Re: the most blatant abuse of police power ive ever seen
OGIONIK wrote:

You cant be serious about that.

You are saying its OK to commit murder as long as its a police officer being murdered?
You are a very sick individual.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 11:18 pm
I'm with you all the way about cops - but I've also got it in for bicyclists. I mean, riding a bike is fine, insofar as one feels the need to do so and addresses said need, but if one feels the need to make a big production out of it - buy the ticket, take the ride. It's like these motorcycle-oriented fund raising events - people think they should have their butts kissed for doing as they please.

I don't mean to defend the cop - as a person, as a figure, the institution that operates them - but the bicyclists were zipping by them, looks like he started for the curb and the victim tried to go between him and the curb, more or less asking for it. Everyone in the video was there to start ****, and what might, to my mind, be the script that led the cop to do his thing is more in keeping with a homeostatic condition in that place and time - that is to say, insofar as such a thing as a cop exists, the cop was being a cop, while insofar as such a bicycle-protester exists the smart-ass was being a smart-ass.

I wish I could add a Venn-diagram for to illustrate it - it's not the 'going out of one's way to make a point' part, it's the script that like-as-not leads up to that kind of behavior in the sense of liberal values and the ramifications thereof. Like depending on the objective, is it peaceful assembly/free speech or passive-aggressive strong-arming? Only one interpretation exists as such relative to the Constitution and rightly so to my mind; protected as all hell - but just because it lacks meaning in the legal sense don't mean the discrepancy is a moot point, as the following illustrates...

Group of bicyclists attack driver in Seattle
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 11:47 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

screw tyranny.

Forgive me for double posting, but it just occurred to me, your word there captures my point. Applicable to the 5-0, absolutely, but the bicyclists just as much so and in much more aberrant self-perpetuating manner than in the case of our short-fused servant/protector.

Tyrants were originally self-made rulers and nothing more, as opposed to ones set up by established process. Autocrats without the autocracy in place as such, and hence more overt high-handedness. Someone gets it in his/her head more accommodations need to be made for bikes and is willing to play dirty to make it happen without popular assent - all that's missing then is the modern connotation of absolutism. If you look at your garden-variety bleeding-heart-type, they're as self absorbed as any bible-thumper - there's no armbands to let you know who's who, but not all of them are even clever enough to have a big idea without thinking in absolutes if they wanted to - what we got then is an as-yet un-actualized state of tyranny waiting to happen...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 11:53 pm
mysteryman wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

You cant be serious about that.

You are saying its OK to commit murder as long as its a police officer being murdered?
You are a very sick individual.

+1
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:52 am
It depends on your background and personal experience; in many communities, the police act little different then a legalized gang.

Hanno, what a bunch of crap. The cyclist wasn't looking for a confrontation with the cop. The guy went out of his way to assualt and potentially injure the fellow severely; no excuse.

The cop has been suspended without pay.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:11 am
Unless you have different sources Cycloptichorn........

According to the NY Post:
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Last Update: 11:00 AM EDT

"The footage, filmed by a tourist and posted anonymously on YouTube, sparked immediate public outcry and prompted the NYPD to place Pogan on desk duty while the Internal Affairs Bureau investigates.
The NYPD declined to comment further."

Which means that the cop is getting paid.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:09 am
Hmm, I had heard different on a bicycle blog, but your article is more recent then mine...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:19 am
OGIONIK wrote:
Then I don't ever want your respect. I don't really like cops myself, but I do respect the law.

The problem I see with the video you posted is we don't see what the cop sees. Did that bicyclist do something before he approached the cop? You don't have that view from the video.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 10:52 am
TTH wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:
Then I don't ever want your respect. I don't really like cops myself, but I do respect the law.

The problem I see with the video you posted is we don't see what the cop sees. Did that bicyclist do something before he approached the cop? You don't have that view from the video.

There's little he could have done that would have warranted his assualt. He had both hands on the handlebars, and the cop actually runs over to body-check him.

Just another thug in a uniform, I wouldn't care much if he got what was coming to him either.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:35 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
... I wouldn't care much if he got what was coming to him either.

Cycloptichorn

What do you think is "coming to him"?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:39 am
OGIONIK wrote:
bicyclist assaulted

I have one word to say: WOW.

you see guys here in america, we dont put up with **** like that that.
I think? is this even america anymore? what is this place?

If i was the guy on the bike id be in prison because i would have immediately started swinging on that POS excuse for a public servant.

screw tyranny.

I think it's probably more accurate to say that if a bunch of cops set on you like that you'd curl into fetal position and start crying like a little bitch....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:48 am
not to sound ignert, but what's a Critical Mass Demonstration?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:54 am
Chai wrote:

On the last Friday of the month, bicyclists in major cities band together to treat cars the same way they get treated the rest of the time.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:56 am
and then seem surprised if someone gets the **** kicked out of them..... odd that....
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:57 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and then seem surprised if someone gets the **** kicked out of them..... odd that....

Not really surprised.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:59 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Chai wrote:

On the last Friday of the month, bicyclists in major cities band together to treat cars the same way they get treated the rest of the time.

Cycloptichorn

um....

I just keep out of everybody's way when navigating the planet.

must be a lot of anger out there.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:01 pm
Chai wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Chai wrote:

Cycloptichorn

um....

I just keep out of everybody's way when navigating the planet.

must be a lot of anger out there.

I don't ride in Critical Masses, but I don't begrudge them; as a cyclist, it sometimes pains me that so much of our real estate is given over to wasteful and pollutive modes of transport, piloted by morons half the time, who have little respect for the safety of those who choose not to pollute the environment on their way to work every day.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 12:01 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Chai wrote:

Yeah, we had some pedaling Nazis try that **** here once.
They rode side by side on busy side streets and held up traffic.

They won't pull that stunt again Laughing
0 Replies

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:49 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't ride in Critical Masses, but I don't begrudge them; as a cyclist, it sometimes pains me that so much of our real estate is given over to wasteful and pollutive modes of transport, piloted by morons half the time, who have little respect for the safety of those who choose not to pollute the environment on their way to work every day.

Cycloptichorn

All of -anything- is done by morons half the time. ;p

Seriously, though, if you're going to go on a bike ride with the intent to break the law, and a cop pushes you off your bike, what can you say? If you drive by a cop, and don't stop, and you're breaking the law, and he pulls a PIT maneuver and you run into a tree, you've got even more cause to complain... but nobody will care.
0 Replies