I fell off my frickin bike.

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:14 pm
I was just bragging to my friend that I haven't fallen off my bike with my clip in shoes. Everyone has told me that I would definitely fall sooner or later.

So we were at a part of the bike trail that detoured onto a residential road due to construction. The construction guy turned his sign to stop and my left shoe didn't come loose fast enough and down I went.

He did come over to help me up but my left side is all scratched up. Knee, hand, elbow upper arm and shoulder. He was cute too!

Why does getting fit hurt so much?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 837 • Replies: 15
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:16 pm
you would fall sooner or later :wink:

at least it wasn't into a puddle of mud like my first time.... i felt like from laurel and hardy movie, face covered in smooth mud, only eyes blinking. aaaah, the good times.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:19 pm
My friend said the when ever you fall there's always someone there to see it.

Words of encouragement from a dear friend.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:20 pm
At first I was more concerned about my bike than myself. Only minor scrapes on the seat and left brake.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:22 pm
well, you will heal. bike will not. totally understandable.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:38 pm
Oh, Marty, I can't tell you how many times I've fallen. Embarassing, but I've only come close to getting hurt once - not counting the time I fell after an altercation with a car.

Get a metric allan wrench and back off the adjustment on those clips. SPDs are easy, and I bet the other styles are, too. I went out with a new pair of pedals, and couldn't unclip at all. I was seriously looking for a telephone pole to lean on till someone would come along and take my shoes for me. Seriously. I did finally get out, though.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:44 pm
I hope that traffic director will think twice about short-stopping a cyclist again!
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 10:52 pm
I'm such a novice that I didn't realize I could adjust something on the pedal. Will definitely look into that! Thanks Roger.

While the construction guy was helping me up a bunch of other cyclists rode through.

Dag, arent you glad no one was around with a camera?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:25 am
martybarker wrote:

Dag, arent you glad no one was around with a camera?

he'd be dead.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 12:27 am
but seriously, watch out especially in the city areas. i've fallen a few times at a red light... no fun. not only mortifyingly humiliating (and i was usually alone), but also dangerous.
doesn't happen no more, it's only been the first few weeks, so that's good news, i suppose.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:58 am
<make>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:03 am
Had an old bud break BOTH of his arms by riding into a crossbar barrier at night - designed to prevent bikes from entering. Nice, eh?

Last time I wiped out, I turned my head to look back at my kids, and the handlebars of my Hardrock caught a garbage tote, spun the wheel sideways, and I did a somersault into the road. Got bruised up, but was more lucky that I wasn't run over.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:09 am
*makes soothing sympathetic noises that people can actually read about
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 08:50 pm
Boy, I haven't had to navigate a razor around a scabbed knee in years. Do you think men will think it's sexy? Scabbed elbow, upper arm, shoulder and knee. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:04 pm
they won't be looking at your knee or elbow, trust me.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 09:30 pm
Duh, sometimes I'm so clueless.
0 Replies