woiyo
 
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:00 pm
ice Presidential candidate Sen. John Edwards was caught visiting his mistress and secret love child at 2:40 this morning in a Los Angeles hotel by the NATIONAL ENQUIRER.

The married ex-senator from North Carolina - whose wife Elizabeth continues to battle cancer -- met with his mistress, blonde divorcée Rielle Hunter, at the Beverly Hilton on Monday night, July 21 - and the NATIONAL ENQUIRER was there! He didn't leave until early the next morning.

Rielle had driven to Los Angeles from Santa Barbara with a male friend for the rendezvous with Edwards. The former senator attended a press event Monday afternoon with L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa on the topic of how to combat homelessness.

But a months-long NATIONAL ENQUIRER investigation had yielded information that Rielle and Edwards, 54, had arranged to secretly meet afterward and for the ex-senator to spend some time with both his mistress and the love child who he refuses to publicly acknowledge as his own.

The NATIONAL ENQUIRER broke the story of Edwards' love child scandal last year, when Rielle was still pregnant and Edwards was still considered a strong candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/sen_john_edwards_caught_with_mistress_and_love_child_in_la_hotel/celebrity/65193
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,450 • Replies: 27
No top replies

 
Green Witch
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:09 pm
I think cjhsa already beat you to a thread on this, but why would anyone care? Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin also acted in the same manner, as did many men of power throughout history. I would rather they screw their mistress' than the country.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:16 pm
Busy nights too from the looks of it.

I believe it was Cycloptichorn that had so many sour words for McCain, who cheated on his wife 20 years ago, regarding extra-marital affairs. I doubt we such a diatribe against Edwards, but then again, Edwards isn't part of his dof and pony show so it wouldn't surprise me abit to see him mention something about it.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:28 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Busy nights too from the looks of it.

I believe it was Cycloptichorn that had so many sour words for McCain, who cheated on his wife 20 years ago, regarding extra-marital affairs. I doubt we such a diatribe against Edwards, but then again, Edwards isn't part of his dof and pony show so it wouldn't surprise me abit to see him mention something about it.


I haven't seen proof yet that Edwards did anything out of line. The enquirer supposedly has pictures and eye-witness accounts, and if they produce them, I will be the first in line to condemn Edwards for his scurrilous and despicable behavior.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
roger
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 03:14 pm
Jessie Jackson handled his "Love Child" situation much, much better. In the news one day, and gone the next.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 03:18 pm
Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb..
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:06 pm
Slate has an interesting article asking why the press isn't all over this story like they were for Larry Craig.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:33 pm
Yes, I read that, Engineer.

On Edwards, we don't know 'fer sure' yet. If true, I find it sad, and, ah, see my post above, bemusing if not amusing. But, further, infidelity is always with us - and politicians' marriages and marital understandings or lack there of - are not my business.

Sort of a Gary Hart moment, if true, and if so, too bad re the effect on a person's arguably positive career. On that I side with GreenWitch.

I'm pretty negative on people who follow people to find out these sorts of things, whatever side of the aisle the subjects are on.
0 Replies
 
ehBeth
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:48 pm
Yup, according to the NE, the Obamas marriage blew up earlier this year. I'm shocked they're still together.
<sigh>


blew up blew up real good






(the part I don't understand is why there aren't photos of Edwards running and hiding - everyone's got a cellphone cam now - you'd expect a reporter to have that at minimum)
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:19 pm
It's really not a politics story per se. Perhap we could set up a scandal board. I think it is somewhat different than Larry Craig because Craig is 1) a sitting Senator who pled guilty to a crime and 2) a vehement anti-homosexual rights activist. On the flip side, Edwards is a potential VP candidate and has made a big deal of his family values, so he's a target as well.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:21 pm
I see your point re the family values.. spiel.
0 Replies
 
woiyo
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:33 am
UPDATE: John Edwards' secret meeting with his mistress at the Beverly Hilton hotel has now become part of a criminal complaint.

NATIONAL ENQUIRER reporters Alan Butterfield and Alexander Hitchen filed a criminal complaint with the Beverly Hills Police Department on Thursday, July 24, charging that hotel security acted unlawfully while the reporters were trying to question the former senator.

Edwards now could be contacted by police to give an eyewitness account of what occurred.

Hotel security tried to stop the reporters from questioning Edwards in the basement of the hotel at approximately 2:40 a.m. Tuesday, July 22 after Edwards came off an elevator and appeared to be attempting to leave the hotel unseen.

His secret mistress Rielle Hunter and her baby were upstairs, and Edwards had just spent hours with them in a secret rendezvous.

Sure this is political. At least the end of this hypocrites political career.
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:40 am
Doesnt his wife have cancer?
I seem to remember the left savaging McCain for divorcing his wife, and they also savaged Newt for cheating on his sick wife.

Why isnt Edwards getting that same treatment?
Is it because he is a dem?
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:42 am
mysteryman wrote:
Doesnt his wife have cancer?
I seem to remember the left savaging McCain for divorcing his wife, and they also savaged Newt for cheating on his sick wife.

Why isnt Edwards getting that same treatment?
Is it because he is a dem?


No, it's because the story was reported by the National Enquirer, and has not been confirmed by the addition of evidence or testimony to that effect. If/When this is confirmed, he'll become toxic so quick, it won't even be funny.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:15 am
Yup. It's be stupid to jump on the National Enquirer bandwagon without any verification by any publication that's just a little more serious.


But I too will think of Edwards as a lowlife if this is proven true.
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:16 am
I think you hit it on the head. No one likes to be scooped by the National Enquirer. Maybe Elvis was involved.
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:17 am
snood wrote:
Yup. It's be stupid to jump on the National Enquirer bandwagon without any verification by any publication that's just a little more serious.


But I too will think of Edwards as a lowlife if this is proven true.




...mostly because I admire Elizabeth a lot; not because I see myself as morally superior.
0 Replies
 
ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:25 am
Hey, I'm a lefty and said McCain's marital history was not a part of any decision on voting re McCain.
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:37 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Doesnt his wife have cancer?
I seem to remember the left savaging McCain for divorcing his wife, and they also savaged Newt for cheating on his sick wife.

Why isnt Edwards getting that same treatment?
Is it because he is a dem?


No, it's because the story was reported by the National Enquirer, and has not been confirmed by the addition of evidence or testimony to that effect. If/When this is confirmed, he'll become toxic so quick, it won't even be funny.

Cycloptichorn


You do realize that filing a false police report is a crime, dont you?
If those reporters actually did file a police report, and it turns out to be false, then they could go to jail.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:38 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Doesnt his wife have cancer?
I seem to remember the left savaging McCain for divorcing his wife, and they also savaged Newt for cheating on his sick wife.

Why isnt Edwards getting that same treatment?
Is it because he is a dem?


No, it's because the story was reported by the National Enquirer, and has not been confirmed by the addition of evidence or testimony to that effect. If/When this is confirmed, he'll become toxic so quick, it won't even be funny.

Cycloptichorn


You do realize that filing a false police report is a crime, dont you?
If those reporters actually did file a police report, and it turns out to be false, then they could go to jail.


Sure they could, but they won't.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Busy Days for John Edwards
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 07/02/2020 at 03:41:16