Gargamel
 
  2  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:38 pm
Not that you strike me as exceptionally literate, H2O, but he defines change here. Unfortunately, the information there is not provided in the convenient, 30-second soundbites you're used to hearing on Fox News.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:59 pm
Funny, you strike me as being very ignorant and illiterate.
0 Replies
 
DontTreadOnMe
 
  2  
Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:10 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:


Yes, Obama want's to level the playing field by bankrupting this republic.


The national debt has risen by more then half since Bush took office; and you claim Obama is the one who will bankrupt us?


Facts:

Obama will raise taxes sharply and kill our economy with a quickness.
He also plans to give away 100's of Billions of dollars internationally while
expanding give away programs here at home. This is a plan for disaster in
short order. Obama is very dangerous - he is nothing to laugh at.


Quote:
fact (fkt)
n.
1. Knowledge or information based on real occurrences


what cyclo posts is a "fact".

what you post as "facts" are not, because they have not occurred. and may not.

you seem not to notice the state of our economy under the current administration.

as for giving away 100's of billions of dollars, what do you think has been done by the current administration over the last few years? and we keep having to borrow it from the chinese to give it to the iraqis.

at the same time, the administration finds 100's of millions of dollars to give to the church? over 500 million to establish an office to "promote marriage"? wtf ?? people been doing that without government funding for a hell of a long time.

it's sad to see that some who are so lucky as to live in our fine country are so stingy as to complain bitterly and often if asked to kick in a few dollars to keep it afloat.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:01 am
Left eye wouldn't know a fact if it kicked him in the ass.

You seem not to notice Obama's plans to raise taxes sharply, or you just don't care.
Either way Obama is not qualified to be president and he is dangerous - those are FACTS!
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:17 am
DTOM...

Quote:
what you post as "facts" are not, because they have not occurred. and may not.


Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.

Yet many on here take what he says as fact and that it can and will happen.

Will you hold them to the same standard?
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:18 am
mysteryman wrote:
DTOM...

Quote:
what you post as "facts" are not, because they have not occurred. and may not.


Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.

Yet many on here take what he says as fact and that it can and will happen.

Will you hold them to the same standard?


It is a fact that our national debt has risen precipitously under Bush's term; that was the fact under discussion.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
The fact under discussion is Obama's plan to bankrupt this republic.
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
DTOM...

Quote:
what you post as "facts" are not, because they have not occurred. and may not.


Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.

Yet many on here take what he says as fact and that it can and will happen.

Will you hold them to the same standard?


It is a fact that our national debt has risen precipitously under Bush's term; that was the fact under discussion.

Cycloptichorn


But using DTOM's standard, it is NOT a fact that Obama can or will reduce the debt.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:26 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
DTOM...

Quote:
what you post as "facts" are not, because they have not occurred. and may not.


Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.

Yet many on here take what he says as fact and that it can and will happen.

Will you hold them to the same standard?


It is a fact that our national debt has risen precipitously under Bush's term; that was the fact under discussion.

Cycloptichorn


But using DTOM's standard, it is NOT a fact that Obama can or will reduce the debt.


Can you link to the post where someone claimed Obama would do so?

You can't have 'facts' that are in the future. You ought to be criticizing the bigot instead of others, for he is doing what you are saying is wrong - presuming facts where there are none.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
Butrflynet
 
  2  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:30 am
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/tax_tally_trickery.html

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/the_32000_question.html

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/mccains_small-business_bunk.html
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:33 am
FACT: Left eye is the #1 bigot here on A2K and he has many brainwashed minions.
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:35 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
DTOM...

Quote:
what you post as "facts" are not, because they have not occurred. and may not.


Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.

Yet many on here take what he says as fact and that it can and will happen.

Will you hold them to the same standard?


It is a fact that our national debt has risen precipitously under Bush's term; that was the fact under discussion.

Cycloptichorn


But using DTOM's standard, it is NOT a fact that Obama can or will reduce the debt.


Can you link to the post where someone claimed Obama would do so?

You can't have 'facts' that are in the future. You ought to be criticizing the bigot instead of others, for he is doing what you are saying is wrong - presuming facts where there are none.

Cycloptichorn


So then Obama isnt going to reduce the debt?
Is that what you are saying?
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:38 am
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
DTOM...

Quote:
what you post as "facts" are not, because they have not occurred. and may not.


Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.

Yet many on here take what he says as fact and that it can and will happen.

Will you hold them to the same standard?


It is a fact that our national debt has risen precipitously under Bush's term; that was the fact under discussion.

Cycloptichorn


But using DTOM's standard, it is NOT a fact that Obama can or will reduce the debt.


Can you link to the post where someone claimed Obama would do so?

You can't have 'facts' that are in the future. You ought to be criticizing the bigot instead of others, for he is doing what you are saying is wrong - presuming facts where there are none.

Cycloptichorn


So then Obama isnt going to reduce the debt?
Is that what you are saying?


Probably not, at least not right away. We're 500 billion in deficit right now, per year; that's not just going to turn on a dime and turn into a surplus. I think that he will try and address the debt and deficit issue by raising taxes and getting out of Iraq ASAP, but it's ridiculous to expect things to just magically get better right away.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:42 am
Quote:
Probably not, at least not right away. We're 500 billion in deficit right now, per year; that's not just going to turn on a dime and turn into a surplus. I think that he will try and address the debt and deficit issue by raising taxes and getting out of Iraq ASAP, but it's ridiculous to expect things to just magically get better right away.

Cycloptichorn


But none of what you say is a fact, because it hasnt happened yet and may not happen.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:43 am
mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
Probably not, at least not right away. We're 500 billion in deficit right now, per year; that's not just going to turn on a dime and turn into a surplus. I think that he will try and address the debt and deficit issue by raising taxes and getting out of Iraq ASAP, but it's ridiculous to expect things to just magically get better right away.

Cycloptichorn


But none of what you say is a fact, because it hasnt happened yet and may not happen.


Uh, yes? So?

Statements about the future, including the words 'probably' and 'I think' generally are not factual statements, but projections.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:44 am
No need to worry yourself Left eye, Obama will not be elected president.
0 Replies
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:46 am
mysteryman wrote:
Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.
Laughing This is true of everyone's plans and goals. (What do you find so interesting about creating such ridiculous straw man arguments?) Reminds me of an old Russian Proverb (according to my Russian friend), "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:52 am
Who in their right mind really wants a lightly accomplished one-term senator, a former state legislator from Illinois, a Harvard law graduate who has no substantive record of accomplishments to be president?

Avoid the Obama hype!
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 10:55 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.
Laughing This is true of everyone's plans and goals. (What do you find so interesting about creating such ridiculous straw man arguments?) Reminds me of an old Russian Proverb (according to my Russian friend), "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."


I'm trying to show that there is no way anyone can know for sure what Obama is going to do.
For all we know, he isnt going to do anything he claims, and may do the exact opposite of what he says his plans are.

I am trying to show that we cant know what any candidate will do
in the future, and that all we can do is judge him on the present and past performances.

Obama has 3 years in the US Senate, and has spent 2 of them campaigning for President.
That doesnt leave much time to actually be a Senator and accomplish anything.
His record is spotty at best, IMHO.

Of course, McCain isnt any better lately, but looking at his overall political record it is better then Obama's.
To judge either man based on what they say they will do is silly, you have to look at what they have done over their whole career in politics.
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 11:00 am
mysteryman wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Then there are very few facts in any of Obama's plans and goals, because they have not occurred, and may not.
Laughing This is true of everyone's plans and goals. (What do you find so interesting about creating such ridiculous straw man arguments?) Reminds me of an old Russian Proverb (according to my Russian friend), "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans."


I'm trying to show that there is no way anyone can know for sure what Obama is going to do.
For all we know, he isnt going to do anything he claims, and may do the exact opposite of what he says his plans are.

I am trying to show that we cant know what any candidate will do
in the future, and that all we can do is judge him on the present and past performances.

Obama has 3 years in the US Senate, and has spent 2 of them campaigning for President.
That doesnt leave much time to actually be a Senator and accomplish anything.
His record is spotty at best, IMHO.

Of course, McCain isnt any better lately, but looking at his overall political record it is better then Obama's.
To judge either man based on what they say they will do is silly, you have to look at what they have done over their whole career in politics.


How could you possibly trust McCain on anything, then? He's either lied or changed his position on every single issue under the sun over the last few years, as you well know.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Obama Faking It
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/24/2022 at 07:43:30