0
   

Obama is eloquent ... well sort of.

 
 
blueflame1
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:15 am
To accentuate the positive one good thing is the next President knows the difference between Sunnis and Shiites. That eliminates McBushie.
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:20 am
McGentrix wrote:
maybe asking that on an internet forum won't get the results expected. Wiki is just a click away.


True.
The "experts" on here will just look on wiki and claim they knew it without researching it first.
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:20 am
blueflame1 wrote:
To accentuate the positive one good thing is the next President knows the difference between Sunnis and Shiites. That eliminates McBushie.


Since you seem to think its a big deal, can you tell us the difference between Sunni and Shiite?
What are the differences in their beliefs?
What are the difference in their respective traditions and holy days?
Can you look at someone and tell if they are Sunni or Shiite?

Since its such a big deal, List all of the differences between Sunni and Shiite, why they are different, and the historical reasons they are different.

If you cant, then you have no right to complain about McCain not knowing either.
0 Replies
 
blueflame1
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:25 am
mysteryman, of course I can tell you the difference. The history is as well documented as a map showing what nations border Pakistan. Even you can look it up if you care to know and so could have McCain. You would think that at least his advisers would have done his homework for him and clued him in.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:25 am
revel wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
revel wrote:
I bet he knows where the Pakistani border is.

McCain Thinks Iraq Borders Pakistan

Obama has written most of his speeches, when you write speeches I imagine you have more than a minute to think through your mind.


Pay attention, everybody knows the Pakistani border is Iran

:wink:


Perhaps you should tell mccain then?

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/middle-east-map.gif


Perhaps McCain was just delivering a cryptic message.
0 Replies
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:26 am
mysteryman wrote:
old europe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:
I bet he knows where the Pakistani border is.

McCain Thinks Iraq Borders Pakistan

Obama has written most of his speeches, when you write speeches I imagine you have more than a minute to think through your mind.


But he doesnt know the difference between 10,000 and 100.
At least, not when it comes to talking about people dying in a tornado.


Very funny, mysteryman. I suppose that, if you're going for cheap shots, we can also take it as given that McCain doesn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, or between Sudan and Somalia...


Since you seem to think its a big deal, can you tell us the difference between Sunni and Shiite?
What are the differences in their beliefs?
What are the difference in their respective traditions and holy days?
Can you look at someone and tell if they are Sunni or Shiite?

Since its such a big deal, List all of the differences between Sunni and Shiite, why they are different, and the historical reasons they are different.

If you cant, then you have no right to complain about McCain not knowing either.


Without going to the internet (what is wrong with educating yourself before committing to an answer anyway?) I think the differences between the Shiite and Sunni has something to do with when they think Mohammad died and who the descendents are. I have known for some time since just reading the news that there is a big difference between Sunni and Shiites in Iraq and that the Sunnis are more aligned with Saudi Arabia and the Shiites are more aligned with Iran.

In any event; I am not running for president on a platform bragging about my foreign and military credentials, McCain is and he has proven he has quite a bit to learn.

The context of the interview was in talking about the dangers we face from Afghanistan, McCain tried to pooh pooh the troubles in Afghanistan and Pakistan like your side has done all this time and then tried to put Pakistan and Iran together in another attempt to tie anything they can to Iraq again like you guys have done all this time.

We took our eye off the ball in going after Saddam Hussein when we had other bigger worries and now that worry has gotten even bigger and you guys are still focusing is on Iraq to the exclusion of all else.
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:24 am
WTF??

Can anyone translate Obamaspeak?

"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  2  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:27 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
WTF??

Can anyone translate Obamaspeak?

"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."


Sure; he said 'the surge wasn't a good idea at the time and it still isn't what fixed Iraq up (that would be bribing the sunnis) so no, I wouldn't have voted for it. I disagree with the Bush-McCain position that we have to stay as long as possible, and instead think we should leave as soon as possible.'



Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:34 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
WTF??

Can anyone translate Obamaspeak?

"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."


Sure; he said 'the surge wasn't a good idea at the time and it still isn't what fixed Iraq up (that would be bribing the sunnis) so no, I wouldn't have voted for it. I disagree with the Bush-McCain position that we have to stay as long as possible, and instead think we should leave as soon as possible.'




Nice try lefteye, but no gold star for you.
0 Replies
 
real life
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:20 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
revel wrote:
I bet he knows where the Pakistani border is.

McCain Thinks Iraq Borders Pakistan

Obama has written most of his speeches, when you write speeches I imagine you have more than a minute to think through your mind.


Pay attention, everybody knows the Pakistani border is Iran

:wink:


Which one of the 57 states is that closest to? :wink:
0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:33 am
revel wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
old europe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:
I bet he knows where the Pakistani border is.

McCain Thinks Iraq Borders Pakistan

Obama has written most of his speeches, when you write speeches I imagine you have more than a minute to think through your mind.


But he doesnt know the difference between 10,000 and 100.
At least, not when it comes to talking about people dying in a tornado.


Very funny, mysteryman. I suppose that, if you're going for cheap shots, we can also take it as given that McCain doesn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, or between Sudan and Somalia...


Since you seem to think its a big deal, can you tell us the difference between Sunni and Shiite?
What are the differences in their beliefs?
What are the difference in their respective traditions and holy days?
Can you look at someone and tell if they are Sunni or Shiite?

Since its such a big deal, List all of the differences between Sunni and Shiite, why they are different, and the historical reasons they are different.

If you cant, then you have no right to complain about McCain not knowing either.


Without going to the internet (what is wrong with educating yourself before committing to an answer anyway?) I think the differences between the Shiite and Sunni has something to do with when they think Mohammad died and who the descendents are. I have known for some time since just reading the news that there is a big difference between Sunni and Shiites in Iraq and that the Sunnis are more aligned with Saudi Arabia and the Shiites are more aligned with Iran.

In any event; I am not running for president on a platform bragging about my foreign and military credentials, McCain is and he has proven he has quite a bit to learn.

The context of the interview was in talking about the dangers we face from Afghanistan, McCain tried to pooh pooh the troubles in Afghanistan and Pakistan like your side has done all this time and then tried to put Pakistan and Iran together in another attempt to tie anything they can to Iraq again like you guys have done all this time.

We took our eye off the ball in going after Saddam Hussein when we had other bigger worries and now that worry has gotten even bigger and you guys are still focusing is on Iraq to the exclusion of all else.


So you dont know the difference either?
0 Replies
 
real life
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:57 pm
Apparently he doesn't.

As for this 'eye off the ball ' spiel from the Dems, let's all recall that the Clinton administration also verified that Saddam harbored and financed terrorists and was on a path to manufacture MORE wmd's.

I say MORE, because he had already shown that he had (and was willing to use) wmd's when HE USED THEM against his own citizens.
0 Replies
 
revel
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 04:15 pm
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
old europe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:
I bet he knows where the Pakistani border is.

McCain Thinks Iraq Borders Pakistan

Obama has written most of his speeches, when you write speeches I imagine you have more than a minute to think through your mind.


But he doesnt know the difference between 10,000 and 100.
At least, not when it comes to talking about people dying in a tornado.


Very funny, mysteryman. I suppose that, if you're going for cheap shots, we can also take it as given that McCain doesn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, or between Sudan and Somalia...


Since you seem to think its a big deal, can you tell us the difference between Sunni and Shiite?
What are the differences in their beliefs?
What are the difference in their respective traditions and holy days?
Can you look at someone and tell if they are Sunni or Shiite?

Since its such a big deal, List all of the differences between Sunni and Shiite, why they are different, and the historical reasons they are different.

If you cant, then you have no right to complain about McCain not knowing either.


Without going to the internet (what is wrong with educating yourself before committing to an answer anyway?) I think the differences between the Shiite and Sunni has something to do with when they think Mohammad died and who the descendents are. I have known for some time since just reading the news that there is a big difference between Sunni and Shiites in Iraq and that the Sunnis are more aligned with Saudi Arabia and the Shiites are more aligned with Iran.

In any event; I am not running for president on a platform bragging about my foreign and military credentials, McCain is and he has proven he has quite a bit to learn.

The context of the interview was in talking about the dangers we face from Afghanistan, McCain tried to pooh pooh the troubles in Afghanistan and Pakistan like your side has done all this time and then tried to put Pakistan and Iran together in another attempt to tie anything they can to Iraq again like you guys have done all this time.

We took our eye off the ball in going after Saddam Hussein when we had other bigger worries and now that worry has gotten even bigger and you guys are still focusing is on Iraq to the exclusion of all else.


So you dont know the difference either?


Actually I did sort of know the difference (very little) and I knew enough to know that Iran was not connected to the Sunnis who had ties with AQI which was more than McCain knew. I knew that much just by keeping up with the news from Iraq. Which is what started the whole Sunni/Shiite thing with McCain in the first place.

Quote:
AMMAN, Jordan -- Sen. John McCain, traveling in the Middle East to promote his foreign policy expertise, misidentified in remarks Tuesday which broad category of Iraqi extremists are allegedly receiving support from Iran.

He said several times that Iran, a predominately Shiite country, was supplying the mostly Sunni militant group, al-Qaeda. In fact, officials have said they believe Iran is helping Shiite extremists in Iraq.

Speaking to reporters in Amman, the Jordanian capital, McCain said he and two Senate colleagues traveling with him continue to be concerned about Iranian operatives "taking al-Qaeda into Iran, training them and sending them back."

Pressed to elaborate, McCain said it was "common knowledge and has been reported in the media that al-Qaeda is going back into Iran and receiving training and are coming back into Iraq from Iran, that's well known. And it's unfortunate." A few moments later, Sen. Joseph Lieberman, standing just behind McCain, stepped forward and whispered in the presidential candidate's ear. McCain then said: "I'm sorry, the Iranians are training extremists, not al-Qaeda."

The mistake threatened to undermine McCain's argument that his decades of foreign policy experience make him the natural choice to lead a country at war with terrorists. In recent days, McCain has repeatedly said his intimate knowledge of foreign policy makes him the best equipped to answer a phone ringing in the White House late at night.


source

I guess someone is going to have to provide McCain with a map late at night when he is answering phone calls along with who is who so we don't end up bombing our allies, if we have any by that time.
0 Replies
 
candidone1
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 05:46 pm
McCain eloquence:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HTulVc5_nf8
0 Replies
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 06:05 pm
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:
Very funny, mysteryman. I suppose that, if you're going for cheap shots, we can also take it as given that McCain doesn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, or between Sudan and Somalia...


Since you seem to think its a big deal, can you tell us the difference between Sunni and Shiite?
What are the differences in their beliefs?
What are the difference in their respective traditions and holy days?
Can you look at someone and tell if they are Sunni or Shiite?

Since its such a big deal, List all of the differences between Sunni and Shiite, why they are different, and the historical reasons they are different.

If you cant, then you have no right to complain about McCain not knowing either.
Shocked That's some pretty good logic there, MysteryMan... as long as you don't try to pass it by critical thinkers beyond the age of 3. You can't really be that stupid. As Revel points out; she is not running for president so her knowledge of Shia/Sunni differences is completely irrelevant. That most certainly doesn't mean she has no right to complain about it if the man who aspires to be the leader of the land during a time of great turmoil between the two doesn't know.

She probably doesn't know how to fly a 747 either; but you can bet your last buck she has every right to complain if the man who aspires to be the pilot doesn't know either.

How can you even present such a stupid idea with conviction?
0 Replies
 
Cycloptichorn
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 06:10 pm
It's the shotgun approach, Bill. Maybe they'll hit something sooner or later.

These guys are scared, downright scared, because they are way way behind and they know that the smears aren't going to work. They've got nothing, literally, and they know it; they haven't felt this way in about 15 years and have little experience dealing with it, as opposed to us Dems, who got used to failure Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:52 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:
Very funny, mysteryman. I suppose that, if you're going for cheap shots, we can also take it as given that McCain doesn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, or between Sudan and Somalia...


Since you seem to think its a big deal, can you tell us the difference between Sunni and Shiite?
What are the differences in their beliefs?
What are the difference in their respective traditions and holy days?
Can you look at someone and tell if they are Sunni or Shiite?

Since its such a big deal, List all of the differences between Sunni and Shiite, why they are different, and the historical reasons they are different.

If you cant, then you have no right to complain about McCain not knowing either.
Shocked That's some pretty good logic there, MysteryMan... as long as you don't try to pass it by critical thinkers beyond the age of 3. You can't really be that stupid. As Revel points out; she is not running for president so her knowledge of Shia/Sunni differences is completely irrelevant. That most certainly doesn't mean she has no right to complain about it if the man who aspires to be the leader of the land during a time of great turmoil between the two doesn't know.

She probably doesn't know how to fly a 747 either; but you can bet your last buck she has every right to complain if the man who aspires to be the pilot doesn't know either.

How can you even present such a stupid idea with conviction?


So pilots that aspire to fly 747's are born with that knowledge? Shocked
0 Replies
 
OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:58 pm
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 11:16 pm
Re: Obama is eloquent ... well sort of.
jasonrest wrote:
and who would you place in his stead?


Ron Paul ... FTW!!!
0 Replies
 
jasonrest
 
  1  
Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 08:46 am
Re: Obama is eloquent ... well sort of.
Ticomaya wrote:
jasonrest wrote:
and who would you place in his stead?


Ron Paul ... FTW!!!


damn right and I still wear my ron paul shirthttp://a889.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/14/m_b2c03ee58b232cf31719e38ded6cf6d8.jpg
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.09 seconds on 01/24/2022 at 09:06:15