Obama is eloquent ... well sort of.

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
WEB LINK

"Last night Obama had to field an off-the-cuff question from ABC News:

"If you had it to do over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?"

Well .. there was a small problem. This was not a question that Barack's handlers had prepared him for. He had no script. He had to ad lib, and for Obama that's not good. Sit down folks. Here is Barack's answer. See if you can make any sense at all out of this. Remember, this is the man who wants to be our Commander in Chief responding to a question dealing with military matters.

So ... we at the Nuze are now proud to present Obama's answer to the difficult question
"If you had to do it over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?"

"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."

Wow! Now that's just amazing! What off-the-cuff eloquence! This guy is really sharp. Now we all know why Barack Obama would still vote against the surge ... the troop surge that worked.

Lordy, folks. We have to get over this mass hysteria and start to get serious about selecting our next president. This is just getting ridiculouser and ridiculouser"

Go get'em Boortz !! Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,055 • Replies: 61
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:04 am
Obama is nothing more than a neophyte politician who can not take a stand on anything.

He certainly is a poll driven politician and believes in nothing but will promote anything to get elected.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:08 am
It becomes more and more evident that his 'no' vote on Iraq was purely an accident instead of the touted 'good judgement'.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:17 am
Re: Obama is eloquent ... well sort of.
H2O_MAN wrote:
WEB LINK

"Last night Obama had to field an off-the-cuff question from ABC News:

"If you had it to do over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?"

Well .. there was a small problem. This was not a question that Barack's handlers had prepared him for. He had no script. He had to ad lib, and for Obama that's not good. Sit down folks. Here is Barack's answer. See if you can make any sense at all out of this. Remember, this is the man who wants to be our Commander in Chief responding to a question dealing with military matters.

So ... we at the Nuze are now proud to present Obama's answer to the difficult question
"If you had to do it over again, knowing what you know now, would you support the surge?"

"No, because keep in mind that question, you wouldn't ... but keep in mind that kind of hypothetical is very difficult to know hindsight is 20-20 ... later ... but I think that what I'm absolutely convinced of is that at that time we had to change the political debate because the view of the Bush administration at that time was one that I just disagreed with."

Wow! Now that's just amazing! What off-the-cuff eloquence! This guy is really sharp. Now we all know why Barack Obama would still vote against the surge ... the troop surge that worked.

Lordy, folks. We have to get over this mass hysteria and start to get serious about selecting our next president. This is just getting ridiculouser and ridiculouser"

Go get'em Boortz !! Laughing

and who would you place in his stead?
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:21 am
I bet he knows where the Pakistani border is.

McCain Thinks Iraq Borders Pakistan

Obama has written most of his speeches, when you write speeches I imagine you have more than a minute to think through your mind.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:30 am
revel wrote:

Obama has written most of his speeches, when you write speeches I imagine you have more than a minute to think through your mind.

Laughing you beat me to it but theres so much in the library and so little time.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:34 am
very bush-ish
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:40 am
revel wrote:

But he doesnt know the difference between 10,000 and 100.
At least, not when it comes to talking about people dying in a tornado.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:40 am
revel wrote:

Pay attention, everybody knows the Pakistani border is Iran

:wink:
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:41 am
Let's look at that again ~

WTF ??
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:42 am
There's nothing wrong, let alone ridiculous, in that answer. Hindsight is 20/20.

The probable cause of Iraq having/developing WMD was sufficient evidence for me to support the invasion of Iraq. With the exact same information; I'd support it again, though we know now that Iraqi WMD was not actually a danger.

This newest silliness is the equivalence of claiming great or poor judgment based on the successful or unsuccessful execution of a 4rth down conversion in a football game. Succeed and you're a genius, fail and you're an idiot… but there's risks involved either way and know one knows the outcome without the benefit of hindsight. It goes without say that the stakes are certainly higher, regardless of the direction taken or not taken, but the degree of confidence available is essentially similar… and so too is the relevance in the big picture.

All that being said; McCain deserves a slap on the back for making that correct call… as well as demonstrating the foresight to believe more troops necessary from the get go, IMHO.

But that doesn't mean the majority of Americans are necessarily off base by believing Obama's wait and see approach would have proved the better strategy from the get go. For me, for reasons of my own, I think Saddam needed to get got… but I can certainly understand why the majority of my countrymen now believe otherwise.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:44 am
Obama is not any good unless he is well rehearsed and has a teleprompter.
He is a wonderful actor, but he is not real - he is really clueless.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:51 am
H2O_MAN wrote:

and your thoughts on mccain.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:55 am
jasonrest wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:

and your thoughts on mccain.

McCain is a wonderful off the cuff speaker, but he does not appear comfortable with prepared speeches and a teleprompter.

McCain is not an actor - he is real and he has a clue.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:01 am
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:

Very funny, mysteryman. I suppose that, if you're going for cheap shots, we can also take it as given that McCain doesn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, or between Sudan and Somalia...
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:04 am
i was gonna go through the intertubes and help you understand more about this wonderful speaker but then i wondered would you benefit from it....

I'm still working on it.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:04 am
old europe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:

Very funny, mysteryman. I suppose that, if you're going for cheap shots, we can also take it as given that McCain doesn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites, or between Sudan and Somalia...

dont forget about the putin thing.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:09 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
revel wrote:

Pay attention, everybody knows the Pakistani border is Iran

:wink:

Perhaps you should tell mccain then?

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/middle-east-map.gif
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:11 am
old europe wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
revel wrote:

Since you seem to think its a big deal, can you tell us the difference between Sunni and Shiite?
What are the differences in their beliefs?
What are the difference in their respective traditions and holy days?
Can you look at someone and tell if they are Sunni or Shiite?

Since its such a big deal, List all of the differences between Sunni and Shiite, why they are different, and the historical reasons they are different.

If you cant, then you have no right to complain about McCain not knowing either.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:15 am
maybe asking that on an internet forum won't get the results expected. Wiki is just a click away.
0 Replies