MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:38 am
true
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:12 am
india got air pistols i believe.

i cant miss taekwondo!

i hope i can find some videos of the whole judo part.

anyone help me out?

the olympic.org site sucks.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:08 am
on youtube you can found many matches from previous competitions

for example, one final fight from Athens 2004:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUCnzaYeJCQ&feature=related

however, still nothing from Beijing, due to television rights I suppose.

And judo competition is still on (for three more days, so try to find some live coverage over the internet if NBC has nothing)
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:09 am
btw, taekwondo starts on August 20thž

and I used to really dislike synchronized swimming, but I guess I'm going to be huge fan this year Laughing

Brasilian pair Bia and Bianca Feres:

http://machochip.com/Bia%20And%20Branca%20Feres%202.jpg
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:49 am
Results after 4 days of competition.

1. alex - 187 points
2. hingehead - 179
3. jpinmilwaukee - 176

4. Capitalgull (British Dreamers) - 174
5. realjohnboy (WIFF's) - 163
6. MyOwnUsername - 163
7. Patada Veloz (Fantasy Warriors) - 162
8. wandeljw - 149
9. jespah (Ring-o-leave-os) - 149
10. fom2020 (Pancho's Olympic Team) - 149
11. Calamity Jane - 146
12. markr - 145
13. ossobuco (Dolphinkicking Dogpaddlers) - 145
14. fbaezer - 143
15. Barneyhull - 142
16. McGentrix - 142
17. MrKingsley - 125
18. cicerone imposter - 123
19. EhBeth - 120
20. Foxfyre (Night Owls) - 113
21. fidell (Castro's Champion Kiwis) - 113
22. Pantalones - 113
23. Ticomaya (Ticolympians) - 112
24. George (TGIF) - 109
25. tgordon92 (Chicago 2016) - 109
26. Diane (PDQ Geckos) - 85
27. Imur (THIOS) - 81
28. ElStudHoncho (Fighting Gerbils) - 63

---

Alex is back in the lead, but it's a fluid situation.

ElStudHoncho is firmly in last place, but Imur made a bold move today trying to catch up with him.

Groups are starting to form. The leader pack, the pursuing group, the middle of the roadies, and the cellar group.
This may change a lot the following days, as new sports give medals.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:54 am
Dream Team after 4 days:

China Men
China Women

South Korea
Italy
France

Czech Republic
Slovakia
Thailand
Austria
Kazakhstan

North Korea
Azerbaijan
Zimbabwe
Finland
India
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:56 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:
btw, taekwondo starts on August 20thž

and I used to really dislike synchronized swimming, but I guess I'm going to be huge fan this year Laughing

Brasilian pair Bia and Bianca Feres:

http://machochip.com/Bia%20And%20Branca%20Feres%202.jpg

damn.. id tear that **** up.

gorgeous!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:05 am
A few comments on previous posts:

MOU, now we're tied with Croatia in the medal table!
Exciting competition, Mexican girls started in the last place, but climbed.
The key was the difficulty degree of the dives. Mexicans and Chinese did the most difficult ones (GB did the ones with lowest difficulty; thus the score). At the last Australian dive we were hoping for them to blunder... they didn't, dived wonderfully and snatched, barely, the silver.

Patada, yesterday there was a Mexican rower, Patrick Lolliger, on singl sculls, he made a great preliminary (only 2 sec. behind the Brit) but not a good semifinal. Today, Lila Perezrul & Gabriela Huerta in double sculls, repechage.
Sorry about the UK coverage, but think about the poor Brits in Mexico who will have to cope with race walking.

India's was the first gold medal in 28 years (since Moscow) and the first individual gold medal ever.

Nice looking Brazilian divers. Too bad they didn't make it to the final.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:07 am
fbaezer wrote:

8. wandeljw - 149
9. jespah (Ring-o-leave-os) - 149
10. fom2020 (Pancho's Olympic Team) - 149
11. Calamity Jane - 146
12. markr - 145
13. ossobuco (Dolphinkicking Dogpaddlers) - 145
14. fbaezer - 143
15. Barneyhull - 142
16. McGentrix - 142

Groups are starting to form. The leader pack, the pursuing group, the middle of the roadies, and the cellar group.

I am concerned about the pack from 8 through 16. The nine of us are close in points. Was my configuration of nations any better than others in this group? My position will fluctuate greatly as long as this group remains close.
0 Replies

ElStudHoncho

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:12 am
To all Fighting Gerbil fans world wide. you may rest assured that we will continue fighting to remain in the top 28. We are honored to be a part of this elite group.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:18 am
lmur writes
Quote:
Thanks Foxfyre.

Were I to propose marriage to you, I'd probably ask: "Would you like to be buried with my people?"

Well you'll have to ask hubby re the marriage thing, but actually my people are your people. His coat of arms is actually Irish and we have a strong Scotch/Irish link in my family too. Re burial.....hey.....

The Night Owls' fortunes improved a bit over night thanks to some great swimmers and our young USA men's gymnastics team that nobody gave any chance to medal after our two top gymnasts were sidelined with injuries. Briefly....VERY briefly....they were even ahead of China and Japan in points and managed to fend off Germany with one incredible pommel horse routine. The ladies are similarly precariously positioned and have injuries so we'll see how that goes tonight.

I am always especially thrilled for the medals won by the less-than-Olympic powerhouse nations and evenmoreso for the first-time-ever olympic medals. You see it in the eyes of the kids when they compete--each one has hopes, dreams, and wants it so bad. How could anyone not be happy for them when they do it?
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:22 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
I am always especially thrilled for the medals won by the less-than-Olympic powerhouse nations and evenmoreso for the first-time-ever olympic medals. You see it in the eyes of the kids when they compete--each one has hopes, dreams, and wants it so bad. How could anyone not be happy for them when they do it?

exactly why I love Olympics Smile
today Croatia beat Brazil 33-14 in Handball...I was happy. then Croatia beat Russia 85-78 in basketball...I was more then happy. then Croatia beats Serbia in waterpolo 11-8...I was thrilled (every game against Serbia is more then regular sporting event).

and then finally I watch kayaking and guy from Togo is going last and he takes a bronze - I was yelling out of excitement Smile we had three great wins today, but I was happiest to see first medal in Togo's history. I was truly happy watching him, after first half of the race it was clear that he can't take gold and silver, but had good chances for bronze. And then he came - Bronze! Yeaaahh!!! Like I'm from Togo Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:58 pm
ElStudHoncho wrote:
To all Fighting Gerbil fans world wide. you may rest assured that we will continue fighting to remain in the top 28. We are honored to be a part of this elite group.

That's the spirit!! You go Gerbils! Laughing
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 03:47 pm
fbaezer wrote:

I propose, in true sporting mode, to refer to the leaders as 'the breakaway pack' and the middle as 'the peleton'

fbaezer wrote:

I've gone back and looked and realised that quite a few people picked the same Group A's as I did. Them minnows are gonna make the difference! Loved MOU's Togo story.

I wonder if this games will have an 'Eric the Eel' or 'Eddy the Eagle'?

Am loving the kerfuffle about computer generated fireworks and miming nine year olds. - Pity there wasn't this much fuss about Tibet or Tianamen.

Too much sport is barely enough.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 03:52 pm
So true, Hinge. (That thought is connected to some of my interest in piazzas and city neighborhood-historic rivaries worked out in them in jousting, horseraces, orange hurling, etc.. like the Palios. If only the crips and the bloods had hurled oranges back in Los Angeles in their beginning stages of gang warfare.. not that sport precludes battles/war happening, but I think it can be a valve.. and I suppose sometimes a trigger, but I think less often.)

Is that your doggie in the avatar?

(I chatter on, not acknowledging a precipitous drop in the dogpaddlers olympic standing.)
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:27 pm
Talk about good television. The mens eight in rowing and badminton kept me up last night. I'm looking forward to the kayaking this evening.
Anybody know what happen to the Aussies mens eight rowing team.? I heard they had a malfunction with their boat.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:37 pm
Dang!
Tico leap-frogged me.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:42 pm
alex240101 wrote:
Talk about good television. The mens eight in rowing and badminton kept me up last night. I'm looking forward to the kayaking this evening.
Anybody know what happen to the Aussies mens eight rowing team.? I heard they had a malfunction with their boat.

Yep the steering went. But they made it through to the final via the repechage. James Tompkins makes it six olympic finals in six olympics.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:43 pm
How gymnastic..
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:43 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Is that your doggie in the avatar?

Yep, that's the Dude. He dog paddles good too!
0 Replies