The A2K Fantasy Olympics Beijing 2008

ElStudHoncho

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 07:49 pm
OK....the Fightin' Gerbils are ready!.........when do the olympics start?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:31 pm
they r back on **** i wish i had some people to bet money with!

id cheat and look at the results online...

Razz
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:03 pm
Another good start, the merkin men doing well.

What about Zimbabwe? Every olympic medal they've ever won, bar one, has been won by Kirsty Coventry. I hope she gets sportsperson of the year regularly....
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:12 pm
chinas dives sucked..

how did they win.

i think britain won that one
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:18 pm
ok that second dive was insane, china got it
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 10:04 pm
fbaezer wrote:
I went to bed last night only at half past midnight (right after the good Nadal-Storace tennis game) and woke up at 6:00 am, right in time to see the Mexican boxers win. In one of the bouts a member of the Tycolimpians (from Madagascar) really took a beating.

Hmmm.

Not only must you rub in the fact that one of my Malagasy fighters lost, you apparently feel the need to rub salt in the injury by misspelling my proud Ticolympians team name.

I'm wounded deeply.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 10:11 pm
As long as I beat the Fighting Gerbils, my fantasy Olympics will be complete and fulfilling.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:13 pm
On the BBC it said Croatia was beating Russia in basketball, but .. I'm sleepy..
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:14 pm
ugh... diving is cool but BORING.

is judo and taekwondo done with?

if i missed that ANGRY TIME!!!!!!!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:44 pm
ossobuco wrote:
On the BBC it said Croatia was beating Russia in basketball, but .. I'm sleepy..

yup. Croatia-Russia 85:78, and before that Croatia-Brasil 33:14 in handball...I wasn't sleeping at all this night Smile

OGIONIK - judo is halfway through, taekwondo is not yet scheduled
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:47 pm
wtf halfway!!! damnit judo and jiu jitsu are sorta complementary or related or what the **** ebver

damnit.

im takin bbj classes in a few months. i wanted to learn alottle bit before i started.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:38 am
OGIONIK wrote:
wtf halfway!!! damnit judo and jiu jitsu are sorta complementary or related or what the **** ebver

damnit.

im takin bbj classes in a few months. i wanted to learn alottle bit before i started.

Be careful. That alottle manoeuvre is risky for the spine, or so I'm told.
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:45 am
Foxfyre wrote:
Laughing

Well done lmur. And may you have to struggle to remember the length of your list before this olympics is done. (<--Irish blessing I just made up.)

Here's a real one:

http://www.celticbydesign.com/images/products/PW258_250.jpg

Thanks Foxfyre.

Were I to propose marriage to you, I'd probably ask: "Would you like to be buried with my people?"

Just one gold medal behind Mexico, eh? Come on chaps, we can do it!

Croatia might be a step too far.....
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 12:48 am
lmur wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

damnit.

Be careful. That alottle manoeuvre is risky for the spine, or so I'm told.

its all good, before i eeven knew what bjj was i was using it.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 03:50 am
congratulations for fbaezer for first Mexican medal (diving) Smile

and special congratulations for athletes from Tajikistan (judo) and Togo (kayaking) for first medals in history for their countries! Cool
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 03:56 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:

and special congratulations for athletes from Tajikistan (judo) and Togo (kayaking) for first medals in history for their countries! Cool

Togo got a medal for kayaking? That's fantastic! I can see Cool Runnings 2 in production already...
0 Replies

patadaveloz

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:10 am
maybe because I have to put up with rowing in the webcasts I'm starting to like it... Quite a lot of strategy goes into it as well, let's see if I can catch some mexican rowers in action (so far I haven't seen any fellow country(wo)man)

great stuff for Togo!!!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:18 am
hingehead wrote:
MyOwnUsername wrote:

Togo got a medal for kayaking? That's fantastic! I can see Cool Runnings 2 in production already...

yeah Laughing
but, it's a bit different to be fair - it's Togoan that lives in France and has training there for couple of years, and France is excellent in kayaking, so...but medal is still big surprise, he was 27th in World Championship.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:20 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:
hingehead wrote:
MyOwnUsername wrote:

yeah Laughing
but, it's a bit different to be fair - it's Togoan that lives in France and has training there for couple of years, and France is excellent in kayaking, so...but medal is still big surprise, he was 27th in World Championship.

Seems fair when you think how many African-born players earnt France a football world cup.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:32 am
MyOwnUsername wrote:

Didn't India finally get a gold medal, too?
0 Replies