I’m a Who’s Who (according to Biltmore)!

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
Yes I am! I always knew I had an impressive professional background and now it is confirmed. Biltmore has chosen me as a potential candidate to represent the professional and business community of my fine city as a "Who's Who Among Executives and Professional Women and 2008 Honors Edition.

Aren't you all proud of me? And best of all there is no cost to be listed. Given my background the Publishing Director believes I would make a fitting addition to the Honors Edition.

Yes!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,668 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 04:09 pm
Congratulations, Linkat!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 04:11 pm
Congratulations!

You're certainly having an up & down year. You've earned your glory.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 04:24 pm
I hate to burst your bubble, but this sounds like a scam. I certainly hope you didn't give them your credit card number or other contact info, Linkat.

Lots of stuff on Google. I'd check them out through your BBB.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 04:31 pm
I think this may be one of Linkat's patented ironic thingies (ya know, where she comes in after a bit and says geez, I wasn't serious!!)

Dry, that one. :-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 04:48 pm
That's great Linkat!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 05:11 pm
I sure hope Linkat gets a Biltmore Hat to wear in any publicity photos Very Happy
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:43 am
Eva wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but this sounds like a scam. I certainly hope you didn't give them your credit card number or other contact info, Linkat.

Lots of stuff on Google. I'd check them out through your BBB.

They are listed as a member of BBB actually, but I agree it is a sort of scam. I would never give my credit card or other info unless I fully investigated first.

I am a sarcastic little b***. I needed to see if you would all take it seriously. As a joke I looked it up and saw they were a member of the BBB. They were rated with a B-. Seems they have had some complaints - but the company gave the money back in most cases. So they are not as bad a scam as most.

I also found another site where some farmer's house wife was also considered as an executive/professional (I guess in a sense you are). Some one else stated it is free, but once you fill out the intial info (they do not ask for your credit card info then), they try to entice you to be a gold member or something and that costs like $500 - that is the scam part.

Besides that it is really just supposed to be another method for networking from what I can see.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:44 am
Tai Chi wrote:
I sure hope Linkat gets a Biltmore Hat to wear in any publicity photos Very Happy

Maybe like those Red Hat Society things.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:45 am
sozobe wrote:
I think this may be one of Linkat's patented ironic thingies (ya know, where she comes in after a bit and says geez, I wasn't serious!!)

Dry, that one. :-)

It is true though - I did receive the letter! And it is a real organization - just kind of anyone that they find in some sort of list gets invited.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:46 am
As a hoot, I'm gonna hang it up here at work so others can appreciate my prestigious award.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:47 am
Yeah, I know it's real -- I got one too, at some point.

I wonder how they get your name?

At the time I wondered if it had to do with attending some sort of business-oriented workshops/ classes. (I attended some management workshops, that sort of thing.)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
sozobe wrote:
Yeah, I know it's real -- I got one too, at some point.

I wonder how they get your name?

At the time I wondered if it had to do with attending some sort of business-oriented workshops/ classes. (I attended some management workshops, that sort of thing.)

Don't know - but I am sure I am on lots of lists for work - with public accounting firms, and some other work related publications. I haven't attended any outside workshops in a couple of years.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:49 am
But, YAY anyway, Linkat!!!!!!!!

You are da bomb!
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 10:55 am
I got something similar way back when I was graduating high school. "Who Who's Amoung American High School Students"

It was exactly the same thing. They required payment if you wanted to include your picture in the book but the listing was free.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 02:21 pm
Be prepared for correspondence offering you "x" copies of the publication at the low price of $XXX.
0 Replies